I need ahci driver for MSI z87-g55 Motherbroad

Yes, I saw the generic Win7 MS AHCI driver named msahci.sys, which is not an XP in-box driver. Where did it come from?
Another interesting fact is, that your mainboard has 2 different Intel SATA IDE Controllers. Both of them have to be updated, if you want to run them in AHCI mode.

@tuc47 - Yes, set AHCI mode in BIOS, then install XP

@Fernando , what do you mean “SATA IDE controllers need to be updated to run AHCI mode”? When I see that, I hear BIOS mod (update), is that what you mean?
If yes, what are you saying he needs to update in the BIOS and I will update it for him. Good thing you noticed this, he probably needs to set AHCI in two locations of BIOS settings too, I will download and check this now.

Actually, that must be due to something he’s done trying to get this working, I see nothing like that in his specifications, no additional storage controller listed - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Z87-G55/Specification
Nothing in BIOS either, so I think it’s something he did that messed it up to show that.

@Lost_N_BIOS :
No, this has nothing to do with the BIOS.
As you can see in the Pic2 of >this<post, the Device Manager of tuc47’s Z87 chipset system has listed 2 Intel SATA IDE Controllers (1 for 2 SATA ports, the other for the 4 other SATA ports).
What I meant is, that users, who want to switch from the IDE to the AHCI mode by following my guide layed down in post #27, have to install the (currently not matching) Intel RST AHCI driver for both listed SATA IDE Controllers before they reboot and switch the SATA mode to AHCI.

Yes, I saw that image but wasn’t sure what you meant initially. Thanks, now I get what you mean.
Why does it show up like that anyway, when there is only one controller (the Z87 PCH)? IS that due to how Intel or the ME FW laid out the lanes or something like that?

Well I did downloaded the pro version and made a cd and did a fresh install to a blank hard drive and it did work.
I used the cd to try to write over my existing XP drive with all the stuff on it and it did rewrite but then would go into a continuous reboot cycle without showing any errors.

Now is there a way to get the drivers over from my new working installation of xp to the one with all the stuff on it?
There must be a way to get the xp drive with all the stuff on it to work in AHCI mode

@Lost_N_BIOS :
The related mainboard has 4 different on-board Intel SATA Controllers, which are activated/inactivated by the BIOS depending on the SATA mode setting:
1. IDE mode: “Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Series 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller” (DeviceID: DEV_8C00)
2. IDE mode: “Intel(R) 8-Series/C220 Series 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller” (DeviceID: DEV_8C08)
3. AHCI mode: “Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller” (DeviceID: DEV_8C02)
4. RAID mode: “Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller” (internal DeviceID: DEV_???, external DeviceID: DEV_2822)

@tuc47 :
After your time consuming and totally unsuccessful tries to switch the SATA mode from within a running OS you should be happy, that you finally got XP properly installed in AHCI mode. Additionally you have now a clean and performant OS without any data garbage from the last years.
If you should be still unhappy and insist trying to get your old XP running in AHCI mode, try whatever you want, but I stop my support at this point.
As I had already written previously: The best and safest way to get Windows XP properly installed onto an Intel chipset system in AHCI mode is to follow >this< guide, but you obviously prefer other options.
Good luck!

@Lost_N_BIOS , @tuc47

That chipset should work fine. Make sure the Hardware ID of SATA controller is listed in Fernando’s SATA AHCI driver.

First go to the BIOS and set all SATA controllers to SATA AHCI mode and not SATA IDE Compatibility mode.

Use Windows Vista, 7, 8.X, or 10 to boot up the computer and go to Device Manager to get the SATA Controller IDs below.

If you can look up the Hardware IDs for your SATA Controller and list these fields below:

Device Instance ID:

Hardware IDs:

Compatible IDs:

Matching Device ID::

Copy all test and paste here.

It is not preferred to switch from IDE Compatibility Mode to SATA AHCI Mode unless you have two different SATA controllers like Intel and Asmedia then you can attempt a trick.

It is usually better to install clean in SATA AHCI mode from the start to avoid headaches later on.