Install Windows XP on an ASRock fm2a68m-dg3 plus AMD X4 845 Carrizo

Hi,
I would like to install Windows XP (SP2 or SP3, no matter) on an ASRock fm2a68m-dg3 motherboard with AMD X4 845 (Carrizo) processor.
I own an original genuine Windows XP SP2 Home DVD. I tried to install it but I got BSOD.
First, I switched from AHCI mode to IDE. I do not like it but I can change it after operating system installation and AHCI driver instalation.

The big issue is related to BSOD complaining about ACPI (0x000000A5), so I need to press F7.
After this, I managed to install Windows XP but I have many question marks on device manager and probably some conflicts with interrupts.
How can I install XP with ACPI, what drivers I need?

Regards,
R.

@RogerPasso :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

I cannot help you, because I don’t have any own experience with AMD chipset systems.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi,
there no drivers to fix 0x000000A5 error.
you need patch acpi tables if you want window xp in acpi mode (kernel)
very hard way because i think no one has enough experience to do than and need tools to dynamic patching tables without reflashing bios.
hackintosh society has tools to do that patching (CLOVER bootloader), i dont have enough knowledge about compatibility with windows xp

you can install with ahci mode if integrade drivers to install media

Thank you for all your reply.
I asked to motherboard support forum, I think they have more experience about this platform.
I’ve tried to find SATA AHCI drive but without luck. I’m waiting for a feedback from them. Then I’ll update this post if I get good news.

If you are searching for a from scratch usable Intel AHCI driver, which supports
a) your modern on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller (after having been set to “AHCI” mode) and
b) the outdated OS Windows XP,
I recommend to do a look into the start post of >this< thread. The linked “Universal 32bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando” will work for your system.

Fernando, can i use that driver to run XP with AHCI on this similar platform?

ASUS A68HM-Plus (AMD Bolton 2/3/4 chipset)
CPU AMD x4 845

Or will i need a special JMicron / ASMedia / Marvel-driver?
Thanks for any advice!

@tw2018

There are XP SATA drivers listed on your motherboard manufacturers website, use those.

Thank you sir! I found it.
Is Sata driver the same as "the suitable pure (already extracted) AMD textmode driver files"? The guide says i need that.

@tw2018 : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Intel textmode drivers are only usable with Intel chipset systems. Since your system has an AMD chipset, you have to use an AMD textmode driver (provided, that the SATA device is connected to one of the chipset’s SATA ports).
By the way - if you want to tag someone by your post, you should put an “@” in front of his/her nickname. Otherwise he/she will net get notified.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Anteckning 2021-04-29 131224.jpg

Thank you sir!
I can not run nLite on win 10. Is it hard to put in the drivers by hand? I got the disc with folders on drive now

I found an NTLite guide. :slight_smile:
But i can not remove write protection from the folders when put them in my hdd.

@tw2018 :

Why not? It is usable with all Windows Operation Systems (incl. Win10).

You cannot use the tool NTLite, if you want to get a customized XP Image.
By the way - >here< is my guide about how to integrate an AMD AHCI/RAID driver into an XP Image by using nLite.