[Guide] Integration of AMD's AHCI/RAID drivers into a WinXP/W2k3 CD

@ all owners of a computer with an AMD Chipset system running in AHCI or Raid mode:
Many users with an AMD chipset system have problems when they try to install Windows XP (32/64 bit) or Windows Server 2003 (32/64 bit) in either AHCI or RAID mode, because these Operating Systems only have native IDE support. They do not have in-box generic AHCI or RAID drivers.
The HDDs/SSDs will not be automatically detected during Setup, if the Sata controller is set to AHCI or Raid mode. They are only recognized, if the Sata Controller has been set to IDE mode. That is why AHCI and RAID users need to use the F6/floppy method or to integrate/slipstream the required AHCI resp. RAID driver.
The best and safest option is to integrate/slipstream those drivers into the install media with a tool like nLite, because 3.5 inch floppy drives and discs are hard to find, USB floppy drives need an additional usb driver, and traditional F6/floppy method often fails due to bad floppy discs.

Here is the way how to do it:

Integration of AMD’s AHCI/RAID Drivers
by using the tool nLite

Guide for Windows XP (32/64bit) and Windows Server 2003 (32/64bit)

(Started on 08/22/2017)

Note: Some infos about the different AMD Chipsets and their characteristics given by our Forum member EmmaRoyd can be found >here<.

Information regarding the possibility and necessity of loading/integrating an AMD AHCI/RAID driver:

• None of the Windows Operating Systems which were released before Windows 2000 (Windows 3.11, Windows 95/98 and Windows ME) do support any AMD SATA Controller, which is running in AHCI or RAID mode (no working textmode drivers available).
  • Even Windows 2000 does not fully support modern AMD AHCI or RAID Controllers. Nevertheless it may be possible to get W2k installed onto an AMD Chipset system running in AHCI mode. For details I recommend to read >this< useful post written by Joe1962.
  • The latest versions of Windows XP (32/64bit) and Windows Server 2003 (32/64bit) are able to detect all AMD S-ATA Controllers during the OS installation and will handle them as “normal” IDE Controllers, if the BIOS S-ATA settings are set to “IDE mode”. In this case you don’t need to load/integrate any AMD textmode driver, but you have to abandon the AHCI resp. RAID features (performance enhancement, HDD/SSD hot plugging etc.).
  • Users who are going to install XP or W2k3 and want to get benefit of the AMD S-ATA Controller features AHCI or RAID, have to enable them within BIOS prior to the OS installation and additionally have to integrate the appropriate AMD textmode driver into the OS CD or to load it via F6/floppy during the installation. Otherwise Windows Setup will not detect the Disk Drives (HDDs/SSDs), which are connected to the AMD SATA ports.

Preconditions for a successful integration of the AMD AHCI/RAID drivers:
  • The S-ATA HDD/SSD, where you want to get XP/W2k3 installed, has to be connected to one of the AMD SATA ports of the mainboard.
    Note: Some AMD chipset mainboards have additionally to the AMD SATA ports other SATA ports, which are managed by another on-board SATA Controller (from JMicron, ASMedia or Marvell). Before you continue with your preparations, you should check, if the S-ATA cable of the HDD/SSD, where you want to get the OS and the boot sector installed, is really connected to one of the AMD ports. If it should be connected to any of the non-AMD SATA ports, you have to integrate/load the related special JMicron/ASMedia/Marvell textmode driver instead of the Intel one. Otherwise Windows Setup will not detect your S-ATA connected HDD, SSD or RAID array at all.
  • The mainboard BIOS should be up-to-date.
  • Very important for a successful XP installation is the knowledge about
    1. the AMD S-ATA mode of the actual/future system (can only be changed from within the BIOS)
      These are the S-ATA mode options:
      • IDE Mode = no AMD textmode drivers necessary, but no AHCI/RAID available
      • AHCI Mode = AMD SATA AHCI textmode driver necessary, no RAID available
      • RAID Mode = AMD SATA RAID textmode driver necessary, RAID array can be created
    2. the exact specification (DeviceID, shown as DEV_XXXX)) of the on-board AMD SATA AHCI Controller resp. AMD SATA RAID Controller.
      Tip for users, who want to “downgrade” their Windows OS or to install XP additionally to their current Windows OS:
      The DeviceID of the actually running Intel SATA Controller can easily been detected from within the Device Manager of any running Windows OS:
      • a) AHCI system (AMD SATA Controller is running in AHCI mode): Open the “IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers” section of the Device Manager
      • b) RAID system (AMD SATA Controller is running in “RAID” mode): Open the “Storage Controllers” (old name: “SCSI and RAID Controllers”) section of the Device Manager
      Then right click onto the listed Controller with the word “AHCI” resp. “RAID” within its name and choose the following options: “Properties” > “Details” > “Property” > “HardwareIDs”.
      Now you can verify the vendor of the listed SATA Controller (VEN_1002 = AMD) and the specific DeviceID of it (shown as “DEV_XXXX”). The knowledge of both of them will help you during the later nLite textmode driver integrating process to highlight the correct AMD SATA Controller.
  • The Power Management (ACPI) should be enabled within the BIOS.
  • The source for the processing with nLite should be a clean (not modified) and error free OS CD.
  • Only for AMD RAID users: Before you are going to install the nLited OS onto an AMD RAID array, you should check, if the RAID has been correctly created and set as bootable by the “AMD RAIDXpert Utility” . Furthermore the AMD RAID Array has to be set on the first place of the HARD DISK BOOT PRIORITY within the mainboard BIOS.

1. Preparations

This is what you will need:

1. an original (untouched) OS Image with integrated latest Service Pack
    2. the latest version of nLite (you get it >here<) and
    3. the suitable "pure" (already extracted) AMD textmode driver files you want/need to integrate.
    The choice of the correct textmode driver depends mainly on the OS you are going to install, whereas the exact name of the on-board AMD S-ATA Controller is less important for the driver choice.
    What you need for the later integration are the extracted necessary AMD AHCI resp. RAID driver files.

Attention:
    The linked drivers will not work with the newest AMD Chipsets!

(If you know the HardwareIDs of the on-board AMD AHCI or RAID Controller, you can check the compatibility by opening the related *.inf file with the Windows Editor.)

These are the options:

• a) For AHCI users with a moderately aged AMD Chipset system:
      (AMD SATA Controller has been set to “AHCI” or to an equivalent mode within the BIOS)

• b) For AHCI users with an old SB7xx or SB8xx AMD system:
      (may have to use an “AHCI compatible RAID driver”, the AMD SATA Controller has to be set to “RAID” mode within the BIOS)

• c) For RAID users with an old or moderately aged AMD Chipset system:
      (who want to create or have created an AMD RAID array, the AMD SATA Controller has been set to “RAID” mode within the BIOS)

• If you are going to install the 32bit version of Windows XP or Windows Server 2003, I recommend to download the following “pure” AMD RAID driver dated 01/08/2014:
        >Universal 32bit AMD RAID driver v6.1.3.35 mod+signed by me< (>MIRROR<)

• Notes:
        According to the modded *.INF and *.OEM files the above listed “pure” AMD RAID drivers should support the AMD SATA Controllers with the DeviceIDs DEV_4392, DEV_4393, DEV_7802, DEV_7803 and DEV_7805.
        The 64bit variant of the AMD RAID driver v6.1.3.35 cannot been offered, because such driver has not been released by AMD.

• Important remarks:
      • Unzip the downloaded driverpack(s) by using a tool, which supports the modern v5 compressing method (like 7-Zip v22xx or WinRAR v6.xx), and store the related folders of your choice somewhere (caution: don’t use any personal Windows folder like the Desktop for storage purposes!). Depending on the OS you are going to install, you will just need the 32bit or 64bit driver version.
      • All “modded” 32/64bit packages contain the untouched (=original) AMD textmode drivers. Only the associated *.INF and *.OEM text files have been modified by me to make them compatible with the originally not supported AMD SATA Controllers.
      • Due to the modification these drivers have lost their WHQL certification. You may use them at own risk.
      • Please give me your feedback, if the specific AMD SATA Controller (running in AHCI or RAID mode) should not be supported by these modified drivers.
      • If you are going to integrate these modified drivers, you may get a slightly different popup window than shown below, because the original drivers natively do support different AMD SATA Controllers and I have added the HardwareIDs of various originally not supported AMD SATA Controllers. Nevertheless you will find the suitable Controller easily, if you know the specific HardwareIDs of your on-board AMD SATA Controller.

2. Processing with nLite

This is what you should do:
    1. Copy the content of the clean source CD (XP, XP x64, W2k3 or W2k3 x64) onto your HDD/SSD.
    2. Run nLite and point to the directory where you have copied the OS source.
    3. If your Windows source CD doesn't yet include the latest Service Pack, you should integrate it as first step. This seems to be absolutely necessary for all modern AMD Chipset systems.
    4. You can use all nLite options, but you have to use the tasks "Integrate Drivers" and "Create Bootable CD".
    5. When you come up to the task "Drivers", hit the "Insert" button, use the "Single driver" option and point to the content of the sub-folder "Driver", which is within the driver package you have downloaded and extracted at first step. Click onto the shown *.INF file.
    6. After having chosen the appropriate driver (hopefully supporting your special AMD SATA Controller too) you will get a "Storage Device Textmode Driver" popup window.
      Depending on the loaded AMD AHCI/RAID driver it may look like one of these screenshots taken with different AMD textmode drivers (left: AHCI driver, middle: AHCI compatible RAID driver, right: RAID driver):

At this point you have to decide, which AMD Controller(s) support you want to get installed by clicking onto the suitable Controller(s).
      Important:
      a ) Make sure, that the “Textmode driver” Mode is enabled.
      b ) Check (highlight) the listed Controller, whose DeviceID is matching the specific DeviceID of your on-board AMD SATA Controller.

7. Let nLite create the ISO file.
    8. As last step the ISO file should be burned as bootable CD. You can either let nLite do this job or take a burning tool like Nero or CDBurnerXP.
      Tips:
      • If you are using Nero, you should just choose “Recorder” (menu bar) > “Burn Image” and then point to the just created ISO file.
      • Burn at not more than 8x(DVD) or 24x(CD) and choose the “Verify” option to avoid any burning errors!
    9. Have fun!

3. Additional advices for the later OS installation

Here are some tips:
  • The safest installation medium for old Operating Systems like XP/W2k/W2k3 is a bootable CD/DVD. The related Optical Drive should be connected to a SATA and not to an USB port.
  • If you want to install any Windows OS (32/64bit) by booting off a SATA connected optical drive, it might be a good idea - if applicable - to connect the CD/DVD device with a SATA port, which is not running in AHCI or RAID mode.
    Reason: Some SATA connected optical drives do not like the AHCI or RAID mode during the OS installation and may generate errors (Note: Once the OS is up, usually all problems are gone.).
    Solution: Connect the optical drive to another available S-ATA port (for example with JMicron Controller), which is running in IDE mode. Alternatively you may replace your S-ATA CD/DVD device by a P-ATA (40pin) connected one or use an USB stick as bootable device to get the OS installed.
  • Before you start with the OS installation, I recommend to unplug all storage devices except the HDD/SSD/RAID array, where you want to get the OS installed, and the drive containing the bootable OS image.
  • Don’t hit F6 and don’t insert any driver floppy during the installation using the CD with integrated Intel Controller drivers. Otherwise Windows Setup won’t find the drivers at all!
  • Some old (pre-Vista) Windows Operating Systems have problems to “understand” the ACPI settings, which are layed down within the mainboard BIOS. If the OS Setup should hang at the beginning of the OS installation, try to hit F5 or F7 (depending on the mainboard) at the moment, when you are prompted by the Setup to hit F6, and choose the option “Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC” resp. “Standard PC” (thanks to Boleck and Joe1962 fir the tip).
  • You may get a problem with the installation of a 32bit OS, if you are running your computer with 4 (or more) GB of RAM. It is a good idea to remove some RAM sticks while the installing procedure. Once the OS is up, you can reinsert the removed RAM sticks.
  • Special tips for users with a modern AMD Chipset system:
    • It is not easy to get Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 installed onto a modern system, because
      a) new mainboards with any of the latest AMD Chipsets have not been designed for being used with the absolutely outdated pre-Vista Operating Systems and
      b) the Operating Systems XP and W2k3 have not been designed by Microsoft for being used with a chipset, which was developed by AMD more than 10 years later.
    • Since there are no AMD AHCI drivers available, which natively do support old Windows Operating Systems and the latest AMD Chipsets simultaneously, you have to integrate a modded AMD textmode driver. As already stated above, the 32bit resp. 64bit variant of the best matching “Universal AMD AHCI/RAID textmode driver” should have been integrated into the XP/W2k3 CD.
    • Even if you integrate the correct AMD textmode driver and highlight the correct AMD SATA AHCI/RAID Controller during the integration, you may get troubles to get W2k, XP or W2k3 installed. The majority of these problems are caused by wrong “BOOT” settings within the BIOS, by a not suitable bootable device containing the OS image and by a missing conformance of the ACPI settings between the old OS Setup and new PC hardware.
  • Here are some tips how to minimize the risk of a XP/W2k3 installation failure:
    • a) BIOS settings:
      CSM and all LEGACY boot options should be ENABLED.
    • b) OS boot media device:
      According to my own experience the best option is to use an optical drive (CD/DVD ROM) running in “IDE” mode (requires the presence and usability of a non-Intel onboard SATA Controller).
    • c) ACPI settings:
      Hit F5 (resp. F7 for some boards) when prompted by the OS Setup to hit F6 at the beginning of the OS installation. For details please look into >this< post written by Joe1962 and >this< one written by F458-RRT.
    • d) HDD/SSD configuration:
      Dont try to get XP installed onto a HDD/SSD, which already contains an OS, which is running in UEFI mode, or has been prepared by using the modern GUID Partition Table (GPT). Windows XP needs the LEGACY mode MBR as boot sector.

Good luck!
Fernando

Dear Fernando,

First of all thank you for your big effort in making these wonderful drivers and making everything compatible once again. You’re providing a great service for the community contrary to the manufacturers which only care about selling and product life-time…
Well I purchased for my mom’s PC a motherboard Gigabyte 970A-UD3P Rev 2.1 (AMD 970 + SB 950) with bios FC but I’m having trouble in setting up AHCI mode in Windows XP. The board works fine in Windows 7 but since my mom have some old games that only run properly on XP that’s why we are keeping the dual boot mode. I have the operating systems in the SSD and two other HDDs for data.
But in XP the problem is:

- With the provided drivers on Gigabyte website I can’t update the device manager if I boot in IDE mode and do that trick of replacing the IDE controller which I made previously in Intel installations.
- With the 32 bit AMD AHCI driver v6.1.3.35 it installs but gives me BSOD when I restart.
- With the 32bit AMD SBxxx AHCI& RAID Driver v3.3.1540.33 for XP mod by Fernando it installs only if I boot in IDE mode and put the other HDD in AHCI mode, the driver installs correctly and those HDDs start working in AHCI mode. If I reboot my windows in AHCI then it refuses to boot from my SSD giving me a 7B stop error.
- Since this motherboard doesn’t have floppy I purchased one of those popular internal controllers to connect your 34 pin floppy to internal USB and I was able to configure it as a floppy since bios detected it as a floppy.
-When trying to install those drivers in windows setup. The AMD SBxxx where the only ones that worked but the problem is that in the windows setup it doesn’t detect my ssd, only my two HDD (and the ssd is present and active in BIOS).
-The AHCI “pure” drivers in the recommended section also doesn’t work it says it can find the information for my device. And in windows setup it loads and says “amd_sata.sys can’t be found”).
I also tried this → http://reboot.pro/topic/16452-switch-xp-…-to-ahci/page-2 and also doesn’t work.
I also tried to slipstream all of my previous mentioned drivers and the behaviour was the same :frowning:
-The rpcxachi driver I tried to add my PCI\VEN and also crashed… If I put the system in IDE all works fine and is detected… Frankly I’m out of ideas, what can I do in order to have AHCI in Windows XP?

Thank you in advance for your kind help and support.

With the best regards,

Rfsapiens.

Thank you in advance for your kind support.

AMD SB7xx/8xx/9xx Chipsets and Fusion Controller Hubs(FCH)(chipsets) for Socket FM2 and FM2+.

Socket AM2/AM2+/AM3/AM3+ uses the SB7xx/8xx and 9xx chipsets and uses the Promise Raid/AHCI controller.

Socket FM2 uses the A85X, A75 and A55 chipsets, codename Hudson, uses the Promise Raid/AHCI controller.

Socket FM2+ uses the A88X, A78, A68H and​ A58 chipsets, codename Bolton, uses the Dot Hill Raid/AHCI controller and use the AHCI Driver v6.1.3.35 and RAID Driver v6.1.3.35 drivers for Windows XP 32bit. They are 32bit versions, there are NO 64bit versions availible. They are not interchangable with any FM2 and SBxxx series chipset. → link ←

This is an official AMD link for XP 32bit chipset driver downloads → Link.<–

Too see extended information about FM2 and FM2+ Fusion Controller Hubs(aswell as other) AMD chipsets, please visit the Wikipedia page for AMD Chipsets. → Link ←

Thank you for your kind reply :slight_smile:

So what should I do? and what about the fact that the ahcix86 driver isn’t seeing the ssd? It’s because it’s not the right driver isn’t it? Where can I find more drivers to test? Where can I find the drivers for my SB950 chipset? :slight_smile:

With the best regards,

Rfsapiens.

Its 03.23 uk time and im tired. I need to dig around in my pc because i used to have more amd ahci drivers than there are hairs on a monkey. I will edit this post later today(to save space), i will pm you when i got an answer, though i dont know why the ssd isnt seen during setup.

Edit - It is possible that the floppy drive with the ahci has an incorrect folder structure which is why you may be better off slipstreaming the driver with nLite. This is the → link ←

Edit - Instead of a dual boot, try this. Disconnect all your drives. Get a hdd(spinner), set bios to AHCI and install XP in isolation. You would have to select which drive from the bios boot menu, but it might be worth a try too.

Edit - Could be the ssd has a uefi type partition, not an mbr type. Maybe, im clutching at straws here.

@rfsapiens :
It was not a good idea to integrate more than 1 textmode driver into the XP CD.
The most important pre-condition for a proper XP installation in AHCI or RAID mode is to know the exact HardwareIDs of the related on-board SATA AHCI or RAID Controller.
So please do the following:

1. Boot into Win7 on your Mom’s computer, run the Device Manager, expand the sections “IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers” resp. “Storage Controllers” and search for Controllers with the word “AHCI” or “RAID” in its name.
  2. Then do a righ-click onto the related Controller and choose the options “Properties” > “Details” > “Property” > “HardwareIDs”.
  3. Post them.

Then I will tell you, which XP compatible AMD textmode driver is matching and should be integrated into the original XP SP3 image.

@EmmaRoyd :
Thanks for your efforts to help rfsapiens and for statement within >this< post.
Since there seems to be a demand for a guide about how to get Windows XP installed onto an AMD Chipset system running in AHCI or RAID mode, it would be a good idea to write such guide and to offer it within >this< Sub-Forum. Would you be able to do it? That would be great.

Fernando, as i have said to Nuhi many times, i have learnt everything from forums and it is nice to put something into the forums(any forum) when i can. :slight_smile:

My technical level is Home User Plus, i know what i need to as the average home user(plus a little bit more) and my only real experience is with the later FM2+ A88X chipset and APU’s, A8 7600 and A10 7890K. A you know, Nuhi is a Croat and he has had to correct me on my grammar serveral times(and english is my 1st language). No guide is better than a poorly written guide. I can only write a guide from the FM2+ A88X/APU point of view, which i am happy to do.

It would have to be a multi part guide because some users may buy new hardware specifically for this, some may be using hardware they already have. They have to know what hardware is suitable on the FM2+ line, AMD have CPU’s up to the 880K - 4GHZ, RAM choices, HDD or SSD. It must cover AHCI driver slipstreaming with nLite if users dont have a USB floppy drive. XP cannot correctly format Advanced Format drives and doesnt know what TRIM is. Then there are the other drivers needed, graphics(for an APU) and the other chipset drivers needed. I only know of 2 hardware combinations that installing XP works on because they were/are my own self builds, any other hardware combination is theoretical.

I will put something together with OpenOffice and email it to you(let me know which format you prefer, Word or ODT) to approve/edit and to post, you know where you want it and how it should look. xx

Edit - Fernando, ok, Word it is then. Im going to need 4 weeks to do it because of commitments and i wont be able to help rfsapiens at the same time but hopefully he has enough information to work with and will find a solution soon. :slight_smile: xx

Edit - I will try to create a downloadable PDF guide too(i have not done this before :slight_smile: ).

Thanks in advance. You can use MS Word or MS Notepad.

Dear Fernando,

Thank you for your kind reply :slight_smile: Here it is the screenshots you asked me. This is what I get when I boot into AHCI mode on my mom’s Windows 7.

Link

With the best regards,

Rfsapiens.

rfsapiens - Tip. Windows 7 SP1 64bit and Windows XP SP3 32bit happily exist on a dual boot system, I know, ive tried. But there is a catch. If you install XP on a system with W7 already installed, XP "may" destroy your w7 boot entry(so i have read online, i have never done this). So you have to do things exactly as i say.

If you are doing a fresh install of both OS - You must install XP 1st(for the reason stated above). Then you must install W7. Whether you are installing each os to its own HDD or to 2 partitions on the same HDD, W7 will install its boot menu onto and overwrite the XP boot menu. The W7 boot menu happily co exists with XP and you get the option on boot to boot W7 or "an earlier operating system". This is the easiest way for an older/non tech savvy person to choose which OS to boot.

The next option will mean the user(mom) will have to select the boot drive from the bios boot menu and it is, in my opinion, the safest option because each OS is installed in isolation and each OS will have its original boot menu.

If you wish to install XP on a system that already has W7(or later OS) and you dont want to/or need to, do a fresh install of those, do this. Disconnect your hdd/ssd containing W7(or later) OS. You only need the target hdd and optical drive(to install from). Windows XP will happily install and not wipe your W7(or later) OS boot menu. You will have to remember which drive, connected to which port, holds which OS. Again, this all depends of the tech knowledge of the end user(mom). Hope you find this helpful. xx

Fernando, i might actually put this post into the guide as it is related. I suggest keeping this post/information here for now then move it into the guide when its posted so as to not duplicate it. :slight_smile: xx

@rfsapiens :
Thanks for the link with the photos of your Device Manager. By the way: It would have been much easier and the screenshots would be much better readable, if you take them according >this< and insert them according >this< guide.
What I additionally need are the details about the in-use AHCI driver of the listed device named “AMD SATA Controller”.
Here is the way to get the Driver Details: Right-click onto the “AMD SATA Controller” and choose the options “Properties” > “Driver” > “Driver Details”.

@EmmaRoyd :
You are right - the user cannot boot anymore into Win7 after having installed Windows XP, because the Win7 boot sector entries will be overwritten by the older XP Setup.
Nevertheless it is not required to install Win7 again thereafter. The Win7 boot sector enties can be easily repaired by using the tool EasyBCD. The free non-commercial version can be downloaded from >here< (after having been registered).

I knew it must be possible to repair the w7 boot entry somehow, but i have never done it, either with a w7 dvd or EasyBCD. Be careful with EasyBCD, see if you see a subscribe to newsletter option, uncheck for gawd sake, you will be pestered. I have also seen and used Visual BCD Editor, its quite good and has more options. :slight_smile:

Hello,

Thank you all for your kind reply :slight_smile:
I have Windows 7 installed after Windows XP and in separated partitions, the C: is for Windows XP and the D: is for Windows 7. so the dual boot works correctly :slight_smile: Regarding what you ask there it is the screenshots :):

AMD SATA Controller Pic1.png

AMD SATA Controller Pic2.png

With the best regards,
Rfsapiens

EDIT by Fernando: Inserted pictures downloaded from the non-HTTPS source and reattached by using the secure Forum software

@rfsapiens :
Thanks for having delivered the requested informations.
It will not be easy to offer an AMD AHCI driver, which can be used to get XP installed onto your mom’s system running in AHCI mode.
Give me 1 or 2 days to think about how to manage it.

Fernando, which driver version do you think(given your experience) rfsapiens needs and i need the Exact dev number please. I "may" have found something direct from AMD, i am looking at it(them) right now.

At the moment I think, that the best way will be to install XP in IDE mode and to switch from the IDE to an AHCI driver from within a running XP. My idea is to modify the AMD AHCI driver v1.2.1.402 to make it usable with Windows XP.
Unfortunately there is no AMD AHCI textmode driver (incl. TXTSETUP.OEM file) available for DEV_4391 AMD SATA AHCI Controllers.

Can you give me the link?

[ATI.NTx86.5.1] %NapaDesc%=Napa_Inst,PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4391&CC_0106 ahcix86.inf? It has a txtsetup.oem file in its folder.

This driver looks like its the one. Download page at AMD, AMD Raid Drivers 24.4 MB, 13.1, 1/17/2013

As a point of reference for yourself and other users looking for AMD XP drivers, → see this link ←

13.4 is the latest/last XP package. xx

@EmmaRoyd :
Thanks for the link. I am not sure, whether it makes sense to create a dual-boot system, whose first OS is running in AHCI mode and the second in RAID mode.

Try the AMD Chipset Drivers 24.4 MB 13.1 1/17/2013, there are 2 drivers in there too - Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\hseries\AHCI_svr\XP and Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\SB7xx\AHCI_svr\XP