[InsydeH20 F.49 REV3.7] Is it possible to unlock advanced menu!?

Hey, I have this HP 240 G3 [i3-4005u, 220D - 86.56 Mobo] laptop that I want to unlock so, I can squeeze a bit more performance out of it. I was thinking of oc’ing it by slightly increasing the bus speed. But since my bios is locked i don’t have access to any of the advanced settings. I did try to change the settings by modifying the uefi variables but i had no luck on that as it happens to be also locked. So now my only way is to mod the bios. But honestly, after going through a lot of forums and guides through google I am a bit overwhelmed. I dont know where I should start. I do have a bit of experience with reverse engineering tools and I did a bit of application moding (mostly on linux softwares) before, but regarding bios mods I have 0 clue. So ill ask all the questions I have below,
1. Is it even possible to mod my bios. Since my bios [probably] has rsa checks and other security stuffs?
2. If it is possible to mod. Then what guide I should follow to unlock the advanced and power menu?
3. Will I be able to change the bus speed or increase the power limits after I unlock the advanced and power menu?
4. I have seen few youtube videos where people get to the advanced menu by using some key combos. Is it possible to find these kinds of key combo(s) for my bios?

I dont yet have a bios programmer. But Ill get one if it is possible to mod this thing. Thanks.
[I attached my bios in case anyone is curious to check them out]

0220D.zip (3.92 MB)

Hello. Your BIOS really has RSA protection. You are lucky that modification methods are known for this BIOS protection version.

There is no guide, but you can ask me to tell you about the patches that BDMaster found to unlock menus and CodeRush patch to disable protection.

Just power limits.

But this I do not know how.

Do you want to check if RSA bypass works for you before getting a bios programmer?

yeah, sure. I am open to testing stuff but I am worried about bricks without the programmer.

Create a USB crisis recovery key using the built-in BIOS update utility function. Check if it works pressing the Win + B combo on boot.

Okay, Ill do it tomorrow.

I created a recovery USB using the hp bios update utility. It seems to be working by pressing win + b key combo at boot. But is this recovery usb enough to recover from a corrupted or bricked bios?
[by the way, while testing the usb my bios got updated to F49, so ill also attach this version of bios bellow]

hp-0220d-f49.zip (3.92 MB)

It’s enough.

Thanks, but I don’t need it yet.

Download sp106103, run InsydeFlash and press start. No brick - success.

I tried to install it but it doesnt work :(. InsydeFlash successfully installs but after reboot i get this error and it returns me back to windows.

video - https://youtu.be/CkB7B9jJND0

This is fine. Now you can buy a programmer.

This is fine. Now you can buy a programmer.

ohhh. okay thanks. after I get the programmer can you help me unlock advanced menu ?

@1nxpired
Yes, I’ll help you. It’s simple.

can you do something on my computer to force the dedicated gpu or fix the memory of the vram? My latop is g4 2072la bios insyde f.2.a

Link bios https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77001-77500/sp77491.exe

Sorry but no.
Did you see a private message from me? It says: "There is information about which module should be edited.
But, unfortunately, even if you unlock the bios, you will not be able to limit the vram of the igpu. In the hidden settings, there is no one with which you could do what you want". And it doesn’t depend on me.

Sorry but no.
Did you see a private message from me? It says: "There is information about which module should be edited.
But, unfortunately, even if you unlock the bios, you will not be able to limit the vram of the igpu. In the hidden settings, there is no one with which you could do what you want". And it doesn’t depend on me.

in the ifr file I found this entry, will disable it force the DGPU as high performance?

0x54912 One Of: GPP Enabled, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset / VarName): 0x156, VarStore: 0x1234, QuestionId: 0x5F, Size: 1, Min: 0x0, Max 0x2, Step: 0x0 {05 A6 B7 02 B8 02 5F 00 34 12 56 01 00 10 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00}
0x54938 One Of Option: Auto, Value (8 bit): 0x2 (default) {09 0E AC 01 10 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00}
0x54946 One Of Option: Disabled, Value (8 bit): 0x0 {09 0E 20 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00}
0x54954 One Of Option: Enabled, Value (8 bit): 0x1 {09 0E 21 01 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00}

@sagael
GPP’s are just 1-Lane PCIe ports. The performance of your dGPU is not limited by the BIOS, but it is controlled by the operating system settings.

@Sweet_Kitten , Sorry for the late replay but i have already ordered a spi flasher and a test clip from a Chinese store, so it might take a bit time to arrive.
But in the above link for $HS2 protection, is this for removing protection from my bios?

Ah, yes. This method is also suitable for your bios.

@Sweet_Kitten the dgpu stops working when I expand it from 4 to 8gb there is no way it works with 8gb and I used all kinds of amd drivers without success

can you send me the files in the attachment of this post? I didn’t understand what he meant by function code with the address 0x10000ac1.

But for the other method from this post I think I found the function inside F6B211E8-A3DF-41B3-89D5-BDBF6729255E module. (also thanks to this article by coderush)

I can’t because I don’t have access either.

The function addresses are on the left side of the IDE interface, but you won’t find AC1h. This is a different BIOS, different from the example given on the link.

Yes, but the method is very specific and probably won’t work. You already know how to check it. This red error message appears - everything is fine.
If you want to know about the method of CodeRush, then just compare the original module with the module from that BIOS in archive I uploaded.