Intel 965P/ICH8R AHCI/RAID confusion

@ BarboneNet:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

I am sorry, but I am trying to help users to modify their BIOS themselves and do not offer already modded ones upon request.

Yes, the BIOS you have linked contains an Intel MSM RAID ROM v6.0.0.1022, which is very, very old.

My advice: Try to update the Intel RAID ROM to v8.9.0.1023 according to >this< guide. If you should succeed, you may try later on to update the Intel RAID ROM to v10.1.0.1008.
Good luck!

Regards
Fernando

@ BarboneNet:

What Fernando says is absolutely correct but judging from my experience (I cannot remember the number of permutations of modded BIOSes I tried!) it will probably not work.
The Intel ROMs definitely inserted correctly but were simply not functional.

However, the board in my case is a revision 1.0; if you have a revision 2.0 or 3.3 board you may have better luck than I did.

Good Luck!

hi guys…i try 10.xxxx 11.xx bios but doesn’t work! now i try with 8 series and it works…i’ll try 9 series;)
i need a better performnce for a strong result in pcmark05 with 2 Samsung pro…but without trim support i can’t do it:( which is the best driver for raid rom 8 or 9? can you give a link for download?

Which v8 series Intel RAID ROM version is actually working within the BIOS?
If you want to try an Intel RAID ROM of the v9 series, I recommend to take the v9.6.0.1014.

If you should be able to get the Intel RST RAID ROM v9.6.0.1014 working, I recommend to install the Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 (although it is from another development branch), because it is the Intel RAID driver with the best performance.
If you should have to stick with an Intel MSM RAID ROM v8.x.x.xxx, you may use the Intel MSM driver v8.9.8.1005 WHQL, but even in this case I would try the v11.2.0.1006 driver.

You will find the download links to the 32/64bit Intel RST drivers v11.2.0.1006 WHQL within the start post of >this< thread.
If you want a link to any Intel MSM driver v8.9.8.1005, you should let me know, which OS with which architecture (32/64bit) you are running.

8.0.0.1038 work, today i try 9.5 and 9.6 but doesn’t work!
8.9 not work…i’ll try 8.5 later…

with 8.0.0.1038 i have some boost on raid:D (280mb/s instead 110mb/s at test 3 of pcmark05)

sorry, which driver i use? modded or untouch?

EDIT: ok 8.5.xx is the max for this controller;)