Intel Chipset Device "Drivers" (= INF files)

@panosxidis : Why don’t you look into the start post of this thread before you post a “new” driverpack?
Additionally I have mentioned the update of the start post within my previous post.

nice

what is W2K16-x64 & W2K12R2?

Is that mean

W2K12R2=Windows Server 2012 R2
&
W2K16=Windows Server 2016?

Also, am not seeing any Win11 folder yet inside the latest INF driver released package? This means Intel is still not officially publishing W11 inf driver support? Or all those files inside Win10 folder are actually Win10+Win11 combined?

@SM03

Yes!

You should better ask Intel than us.
According to what I can see within the INF files, the Intel chipset "drivers", which are offered by Intel for different Operating Systems and for different architectures (32bit/64bit), seem to be absolutely identical.
If I am right, it doesn’t matter from which subfolder you take the desired matching *.INF file(s).
As I have already written within the start post, these "drivers" are simple text files and usable for all 32/64bit Windows Operating Systems.

hello I have installed Windows 7 on z390-a, in device manager there are drivers with exclamation point even if they work, pci bus, fresco logic, Nvidia type controller, asm media, what should I do? thank you

@Win7
Please read the start post of this thread.

@all
The start post has been updated by me.

1 Like

Hi @Fernando ,

I have fixed probably all problems in AIO INFs according to signtool errors. Many INFs had incorrect CatalogFile line and for multiple INFs were used same CAT.
In some files I have removed restriction for OS and they can be now applied to all systems as these drivers are only “Yellow-bang” removal. Also “fake” date in INF make sence, if there will be real driver for any of these devices, then they will be reinstalled by system (or any other tool like Snappy Driver Installer) automatically.

Here is your latest package 08-23-2022 fixed and all INFs can be now correctly signed.

https://anonfiles.com/z6s0Y3A4yb/Intel_Chipset_INF_Files_modded_7z

@George_King
Just to make ot clear: I have never modified or customized any Intel chipset INF file. The AIO Chipset Drivers Sets I am offering within the start post contain just the latest original files, which were manufactured by Intel and digitally signed by Microsoft.

Btw seems like some text in the first post is missing

Also, some links are broken:

Although the INF files are much newer and created/updated at different dates, all of them have been misleadingly dated by Intel 07/18/1968 (if you want to know why, please read >this< and >this< post).

@Fernando I see, maybe it’s time use them as they can help XP/2003 users too, when I removed System restrictions on some INFs. One INF must have one CAT. I have no idea why they provide multiple INFs with single CAT for all of them, that makes CAT not valid for all INFs…

@dartraiden
Thanks for the hint.
Since I don’t have the time to search for the correct links, which were broken during the Forum move, I have deleted the related part of the start post.

1 Like

@Fernando I just forget to tell you Intel INF Files v10.0.27 WHQL extracted are broken by Intel. All INFs have badly defined HWID and signtool always return this.

22.9.3: Missing hardware ID (cannot have just compatible ID)

Because all of these files have definition like this

%IntelDeviceDesc%=Needs_NO_DRV, , PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_269B

Instead of

%IntelDeviceDesc%=Needs_NO_DRV, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_269B

These files are also part of fixed files I posted before

1 Like

@George_King
Thanks for the hint and for having detected this mistake done by Intel.
AFAIK I am currently not offering a download link to the affected INF files.
So there seems nothing to do for me. If I should be wrong, please let me know it.

@all
The start post has been updated and re-formatted by me today.
If you should find any mistake, a broken link or something missing, please let me know it via PM.

2 Likes

Hello, there are two headings in the main article:

• “For very old Intel Chipsets (usable up to 5-Series):”
  • “For modern Intel Chipsets (from 100-Series up):”

I am confused about the english translation into my language.

“usable up to 5-Series”
Would mean that it excludes all series (5/6/7/8/9 series chipsets) starting from series 5 ??

I do not think it is meant that way? Shouldn’t it then be: “usable up to 100 series” ?
Otherwise there would be a gap.

“from 100-Series up”
It means that it is suitable from the “100 series” until today

@Bobsy43
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Since Intel has manufactured a lot of chipsets before the 5-Series ones (look >here<), the words “For very old Intel Chipsets (usable up to 5-Series):” within the first post of this thread is correct.
For systems with a later released Intel chipset (from 6-Series up) I recommend to use the “Latest Intel Chipset Device INF files v10.1 Series WHQL”, which I am offering within the first post as well.
Enjoy the Forum!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@all
Today I have updated the start post of this thread.
Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you!

I would like to ask if I have understood this correctly:

if I have a mainboard with chipsets series 6 and want to use windows XP (x32) or windows 7 (x64) I have to use the Intel chipset drivers v9.4.2.1020 ?

if I have a mainboard with chipsets series 6 and use windows 10 (x64) I take Intel Chipset v10.1.19284.8351 ?

My advice: Use the All-in-One Set.
The INF files work with all Windows Operating Systems (32 and 64bit).