Intel Chipset Device "Drivers" (= INF files)

@kyriacos : The picture of my last post is the proof, that the related INF file has been digitally signed by Microsoft.
The problem is, that each digital signature will expire at a certain time. Intel has obviously forgotten to ask Microsoft for a renewal of the digital signature.

@Fernando
I had to reverse to Intel Chipset Device Software (version 10.0, date 2015-03-12) because with the latest INF files the AMD High Definition Audio Device was no longer recognized.

@kyriacos :
It is fine, that all devices of your system are working fine now.
By the way - the Intel chipset INF files don’t have any impact on the function of your on-board AMD HD Audio Device. You will not even recognize any difference regarding the function of all your on-board devices, if you uninstall all Intel chipset INF files - they all (inclusive the Intel chipset devices) will still work properly.
The only function of the Intel Chipset INF files is to prevent yellow “missing driver” flags within the Device Manager. For details please read the start post of this thread.

I’ve somehow lost touch and can no longer look through the many combinations of numbers in the versions.
Can someone tell me which driver version, or the last driver version, I need for my Z87 Chipset / i7 4770k / Intel 8-Series C220, Please?

@attica1284 : The latest Intel Chipset INF File for the Intel 8-/C220 Series CPUs is named LynxPointSystem.inf, has the version number 10.1.3.1 and hasn’t been updated during the last years. You can find it within the package named “Latest Intel Chipset Device INF files v10.1 Series WHQL comp 04-01-2021”.

https://www.station-drivers.com/index.ph…HQL/lang,en-gb/ NEW

this support x79 and x99 chipset?
im tested don suppport last is this:

No, the latest Intel Chipset Device Software Sets do not support x79 chipsets, but my "Latest pure Intel Chipset Device INF Files v10.1 Series WHQL comp. at 06/29/2021 (for manual installation)" does.
By the way: There are no newer Intel Chipset Device INF files available. Please read the start post.

What happened to SkylakeSystem.inf in "Intel Chipset Device Software Set v10.1.18793.8276 WHQL"?

My CoffeeLake Series 300 requires it due VEN_8086 DEV_1901.
Is the latest Intel Chipset not for Series 100 and newer anymore?

@Morku :

You should better ask Intel, not us.

Obviously not. Only systems with a Skylake-E CPU, but not those with a Skylake CPU Series are supported by the latest officially released Intel Chipset Device Software Set.
Solution: Use my latest AIO Set!

Odd. Yes, I thought maybe one expert knows whats going on.

I know about your AIO. It’s great. Thank you for that.

EDIT: The Intel Chipset Device Software Set v10.1.18807.8279 WHQL does contain SkylakeSystem.inf again.

No, the latest Intel Chipset Device Software Sets do not support x79 chipsets, but my "Latest pure Intel Chipset Device INF Files v10.1 Series WHQL comp. at 06/29/2021 (for manual installation)" does.
By the way: There are no newer Intel Chipset Device INF files available. Please read the start post.

for install all *.inf using 1 command move all files to same folder and run this command
pnputil -i -a *.inf
this command add and install all inf on folder

@maur0 :

This command doesn’t help, if the matching *.inf file(s) are not within the Installer Set (here: the X79 chipset ones).
Furthermore it doesn’t make sense to install all *.inf files, which are within the Installer Set (especially not, if none of them do support the specific system).

I have some weird issue when installing the latest intel installer on a Z590 board (Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro AX) + 11900k

Some way through the installation I get a BSOD that talks about some sort of power error (I would have to reproduce this again to get the exact enumeration), and the INFs never get installed / rolls back to the previous on reboot. It looks like it happens when windows starts to reinitialize the devices (maybe the USB devices?).

I was never able to figure out the cause, I have installed these sets on several Gigabyte z390 Master boards with all the same peripheral cards without issue.

Just as an experiment I tried to disable every feasible device within BIOS/Device Manager, but I still get the same BSOD when trying to install these on this Z590 board (Again, right at the part of the installation where the devices start to be re-initialized).

I realize this isn’t really an important issue, since you don’t need these ‘drivers’ anyways. Just wondering if anyone else has run into something similar. I’ve never had this issue with any machine I’ve installed these intel packages on.

https://www.station-drivers.com/index.ph…8836.8283-WHQL/ newww

@panosxidis :
Since I check the news at Station-Drivers very often, I have seen the "Intel Chipset Device Software Set v10.1.18836.8283 WHQL" there earlier than you and updated already the start post of this thread.

iinstall this .exe and not install drivers on device manager on my X299 system!!I switch to previous version and is ok @fernando

@panosxidis :

This indicates, that there is nothing new for your specific system within the Installer Set.

@all: Only the following Intel CPU systems will benefit from the new Intel Chipset Device Software Set v10.1.18836.8283 WHQL and my updated "AIO Package":

• new: AlderLake (v10.1.45.3) and AlderLakePCH-S (v10.1.37.5)
  • updated CannonLake-LP (now v10.1.15.7) and CometLakePCH-H (now v10.1.31.2)

Yes but why if i run .exe chipset and after restart not install device manager modules???thanks @fernando

@panosxidis : If all Intel Chipset Devices are already detected by the OS Device Management and the Software Installer doesn’t contain anything new or updated, what do you think should be installed?