Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15)

Thank you. Whole ROM image or a way to extract just the CSME? (ROM anyway :smile: )

H310MS2H2.0.F15a.zip (6.2 MB)

3 Likes

Done at OP, thanks! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

11.8.93.4323_CON_H_DA_PRD_RGN
11.8.93.4323_COR_H_DA_PRD_RGN
FWUpdLcl & MEInfoWin 11.8.93.4340
pack.rar (6.4 MB)

7 Likes

11.8.93.4323_COR_LP_C_YPDM_PRD_RGN.rar (4.1 MB)

3 Likes

16.1.25.1932_CON_LP_A_PRD_EXTR
16.1.25.1932_COR_LP_A_PRD_EXTR
FWUpdLcl64 & MEInfoWin64
16.1.25.1932.rar (7.2 MB)

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

As I had explained 3 months ago, my current plan is that I’m not going to keep up with CSME 16.0 or newer stuff. Thus, I wanted to ask how would you like us (as CSME community) to proceed. I was thinking of creating a new topic which is a copy of this one but for CSME 16+ and implement a different way of storing any updates outside the current MEGA structuring. That topic would be maintained by whoever is interested and finds the newer stuff. You could then collaborate and combine all new info, procedures/guides, firmware, tools etc over there. What do you think? Any other ideas and/or suggestions?

Agree with new topic for 16+, but what about the centralized store for related files…user links is a mess, off course its needs some one that can sort them, but thats knows what is doing and knows ME area…

1 Like

New topic for CSME 16+ has been created and can be found here:

Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (16+) - Special Topics / Intel Management Engine - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

• The CSME 16+ thread is a “Wiki” which means that all members can edit it
  • This thread will contain info for the old ME 2-10 and CSME 11-15 only

There is still the matter of storage of all (now community-maintained) drivers, firmware and tools for CSME 16+. It should be something which is common for everyone. Otherwise, maybe someone wants to create and maintain a shared cloud drive or similar? Any suggestions?

3 Likes

Hello, i’m sure this has been explained a thousand times, but the thread is long and complicated, so i’ll try:

I recently brought to life a Asus C246 WS Pro-ACE mobo with a Xeon E-2186G. I have no OS installed and plan to run linux only. Asus has a update for Intel ME for this mobo, but the installer is windows only. the ZIP file does contain a .bin file which i assume is the ME firmware.

So far i’ve downloaded HWINFO for dos, and ran hwinfo16.exe from a USB with freedos, and there’s no info about ME.

In short, is it possible to use the various tools found in this thread to do the firmware update from a bootable freedos USB, without windows?

And is there a separate guide for that?

Thx in advance, mike

edit: i just want to have the latest ME firmware for security reasons, even though i don’t plan to use it from linux, unless there are linux tools for that, which i assume there aren’t. I’ve been skimming the BIOS options, and atleast so far i haven’t found any option to disable ME. Also i assume that ME is responsible for fan control etc, so in that sense i’ll probably be using it.

Tools for Linux64 exist, 12.0.70.1652v3 offered from Asus isn’t latest. See first post of this thread.

1 Like

Thx for reply. Just to be sure, i can do a firmware upgrade from linux, say for example a Debian live USB? I’m sorry for asking, and i will read the OP with care, but i just need to know if i can forget about taking the time to acquire and install a temporary windows just for this? If i can do what is needed from linux then that is great, and would be a big burden off my shoulders.

Edit really sorry for being such a chump… i just wanna be caressed like a baby in you ppl’s strong and caring arms…

What seems to be the problem…? Did you read the the 1rst post like lfb6 pointed you? All is linked, the tools work in DOS EFI LINUX WIN… so get going with it, this is user task only and no one can guarantee you the best platform for each piece of hardware model and fw on it, that exists around.

Will do. i needed to know if i’m gonna have to install windows 7 (shrug) - or not. I’m a 45 year old semi-alcoholic, and instead of actually reading the op i decided to bother you fine people even if i didn’t need to, for this egregious and selfish act i genuinely apologize, and thank you for your kind help. While typing this i listened to 1999 - Dark Tranquillity - Projector FULL ALBUM

Thank you for sharing your problems… as we all have in life, all the best.
But what kind of illogical question are you making?
If youre going to use windows 7 then you should use the WIN version of the tools…ring a bell? But no one told you that you need windows 7 installed, didnt i just told you that several versions of the tools can work in multiple platforms… as you can check yourself by reading the damm post and getting a copy of the linked tools…simple as that and over_n_out.

1 Like

yes sorry, but the first step in the OP was to determine the version you are running, using hwinfo or whatever. and i got hwinfo and booted my mobo with freedos, and ran hwinfo, and got no info on ME.

The fact that i can use linux tools to update my ME firmware helps me alot because now i can start planning the installation of bullseye on my mdadm striped DC P3700’s, instead of worrying about microshaft.

9 posts were split to a new topic: Asus Q470 & Q570 WiFi issues after CSME update

Hello! I want to express my gratitude for the material.
With it, I was able to update the IME on my GIGABYTE Z370 ULTRA GAMING WIFI board.

Of course it was scary. But it worked.
In my case, I updated from 11.8.81.3807.
Until 11.8.93.4323.

The only BUT, there is a version discrepancy in the IME section in HWINFO. But I don’t think it’s bad.

FITC is the program version the config was programmed with, won’t get updated unless you configure a compete me-region with another FITc version and overwrite the existing ME region.

1 Like

Thanks. How update fitc?
And does it make sense?

Not neccessary, doesn’t make any sense.

3 Likes