Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15)

You only care about major and minor versions, so 11.0 or 11.5 for example. You have a LGA1151 (PCH-H) system with Consumer 11.0 firmware so you can update to the latest 11.0 Consumer PCH-H firmware as seen at the first post. At some point Asus should release a BIOS update for your system with 11.6 firmware which will add KabyLake cpu support.

So I requested a BIOS unlock for my MSI GE62 2QD, and now its unlocked. Before that, when I was using stock BIOS, I updated the ME Firmware.
But I asked the guy who unlocked the BIOS, and he said to better stick with the MSI’s (ME FW) ,because is optimized. What do you think? Can ME FW be actually customized?

Btw, on the BIOS, I see some info/options about ME:

http://imgur.com/a/hNac9

Should I enable FW Image reflash? Guess thats for when you want to downgrade it?

Read section A of this thread and section C of this thread. Your questions are answered there. The BIOS option you mentioned is only if you plan to reflash the whole ME region which is not needed in your case, only FWUpdate is.

Hey there guys, I’ve read a lot of information here and was curious if we know the changelogs/or differences between some of these IME firmwares (what they address, etc). I checked out what my AsRock Z97 Pro4 was on and looks like I have:
Intel(R) MEInfo Version: 9.1.20.1020 (HWINFO says Intel ME Version: 9.1, Build 1005, Hot Fix 25).

Since AsRock doesn’t release any drivers/updates for the z97 boards anymore, I’m unsure if the update applies or would be beneficial - typically I check changelogs with drivers newer than my mobo manufacturer’s download page. If I missed something in the OP I apologize.

FERD, you still using your Asrock Z97 machine right? Any advice?

Intel ME 11.5 Consumer PCH-LP Firmware v11.5.5.1006

Capture.PNG

Intel ME System Tools v11.6 r2
Intel ME System Tools v11.5 r2

I logged in to thank you all especially plutomaniac

He saved me from going nuts

I purchased a Gigabyte Q170 d3h motherboard especially to log in remotely through AMT
Unfortunately the ME version integrated at latest (F2) Gigabyte’s BIOS was very old and buggy
and I experienced sudden lockups when connected through AMT remotely.

When I updated with version Intel ME 11.0 Consumer PCH-H Firmware v11.0.18.1002
provided here all the problems stopped at 99% of the cases.
There is still a rare case when AMT becomes unresponsive but only 1 after 100 cases
of changing operating systems , making tests etc

THANK YOU

Intel ME 11.0 Corporate PCH-LP Firmware v11.0.18.1002

Capture.PNG

Intel ME Firmware 11.6.0.1121 COR LP RGN

mea.png

Intel ME Firmware 11.6.0.1121_COR_LP_XX_UKPDM_PRD_RGN.zip (4.06 MB)

Intel ME 11.6 Corporate PCH-LP Firmware v11.6.0.1121

Capture.PNG

Thanks to Pacman/SD for the new firmware!

11.6.0.1035 WHQL

Intel ME 11.6 Consumer PCH-LP Firmware v11.6.0.1126

mea.png

Intel MEI Driver v11.6.0.1032 (Windows XP & Windows 7) INF
Intel MEI Drivers & Software v11.6.0.1035 for Consumer systems

Intel ME 11.6 Consumer PCH-LP Firmware v11.6.0.1126

Capture.PNG

Thanks to Pacman/SD for the new firmware and Fdrsoft/SD for the new drivers.

Can somebody please help me? I used to type “MEInfoWin”, “MEManufWin” and “FWUpdLcl -f ME.BIN” commands but with my new Z170 MoBo and the updated tools I’m totally lost on what should I do to update both my ME and MEI. I downloaded the ME v11.6 version and system tools but I don’t know how to use it (there is only a fptw executable file inside).

There are no 11.6 fwupdate or info tools available yet, but the 11.0 tools work just fine, so you have to download those instead.

Ok, another thing: are 11.6 firmwares safe to use over 11.0 or are a sort of "beta"? I don’t want to have any problem at all using my PC.

Yes, it has been proven by many people that FWUpdate v11.0 can be safely used to update to 11.5 or 11.6 and it’s intermediate releases. We’ll find sooner or later the full set of 11.5 and 11.6 tools but for now you can some v11.0 ones. A noticeable exception is Flash Image Tool of course and the few errors shown at MEManuf and/or MEInfo due to incompatibility. But FWUpdate is ok.

It seems everything still works, so I’m fine, right? What is that LMS Version not updated?

That is a driver, not firmware. So update those as well. For your Z170 (Consumer) system I suggest you remove any current drivers and install the INF via manual Device Manager installation.

I have installed the latest MEI Software Pack 11.6.0.1035 1.5M Consumer (includes MEI driver 11.6.0.1032) and that shows up with MEIinfo:

FW version 11.6.0.1126
LMS version 11.6.0.1035
MEI driver version 11.6.0.1032