Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15)

Intel ME 11.6 Corporate PCH-H Firmware v11.6.20.1221

Capture.PNG

Thanks to Pacman/SD for the new firmware!

Hello I’m new and could need some help before I break something. I have the following firmware installed 11.6.10.1196 (according to the flash utility but the meinfo tool says 11.6.1.1142 H?)

I have the Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON mobo and I want to upgrade the MEI version + Driver but I’m unsure which one are the latest?!

I found these two versions 11.6.20.1221 (S&H) but only size is different?

And how to remove the old driver (windows) and install a new one, which one do I need?!

This is what I get from the info tool:

It’s pretty self explanatory from the OP but if you have a consumer Skylake or Kaby Lake desktop system (100/200 series) then the first option (SKL/KBL-S and SKL/KBL-H) applies to you. In your case download FW v11.6.20.1221 (1.5MB).

Your Intel ME driver is the latest as of now (v11.6.0.1042).

Hi, I asked GB support for BIOS/ME update but I didn’t expected much from that helpdesk monkeys. So the reply I got was nothing surprise (I don’t remember when I got some useful reply from a HW manufacturers, I usualy have to solve it myself):

F5 bios is the latest bios on this board and there are no additional bios update available.
The F5 bios can support the 3770K otherwise you will not be able to get any sort of video signal output.

LOL, the board is missing DVI/VGA out so sure I don’t get any video signal out there :slight_smile:
BTW I did not observe any difference in system behavior after my ME update so I keep my updated version and don’t care anymore…

@ plutomaniac

FW Status Register3: 0x00000420 with 11.6.20.1221 Consumer H FW.

I hate to be the n00b but i really could use some help here. I have a Lenovo M73 ThinkCentre and the ME Firmware version is 9.1.1.1000. I have read and re-read the OP but i still cannot figure out which firmware I should be downloading. I have run the MEVerificationUtility.exe tool but this appears to be quite old and doesn’t not give me any information - it just sits there saying “Performing Manageability Engine check, please wait…” I have downloaded ME Analyzer v1.9.0 and dragged a copy of the BIOS ROM file on to it but it says “File does not contain Intel Engine Firmware”. The CPU in this M73 is i5-5490.

Any help would be really appreciated. :slight_smile:
Thanks

Thanks everything worked great! No Errors or something.

@ pacman:

Thank you but it’s not needed. PDM is PCH-LP specific and only relevant to ME 11.0 firmware, not 11.6.

@ BirtyB:

You already know you have 9.1 so get the latest of that branch. As for SKU, you can run FWUpdate tool with command “FWUpdLcl -save me.bin” and drop me.bin to MEA. You can find your SKU that way quickly.

Yes, i know, slipped my mind :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for that. I managed to upgrade to the latest version. I was hoping to see some evidence of AMT / MEBx in the BIOS but there is no sign of it. I only see Smart Connect.

Everytime i want to install 11.6.20.1221_CON_H_D0_PRD_RGN it puts me Error 8714: Firmware update not initiated due to file open or read failure

This never happen before.

Asus hero VIII z170 Intel 6700K latest BIOS 3201.

Any ideas?

Search the forum directly or google with “Firmware update not initiated due to file open or read failure” site:win-raid.com and you’ll find some tips. This is always a user error, you are doing something wrong. Maybe you didn’t add the .bin extension or similar.

Intel ME 11.6 Consumer PCH-LP Firmware v11.6.13.1212

Capture.PNG

I got "Error 1: Unknown Error Code" trying upgrade from 11.0.18.1002 H

Intel(R) ME code versions:

BIOS Version GL502VT.300
MEBx Version 0.0.0.0000
GbE Region does not exist.
GbE Version Unknown
Vendor ID 8086
PCH Version 31
FW Version 11.0.18.1002 H
LMS Version 11.6.0.1047
MEI Driver Version 11.6.0.1042
Wireless Hardware Version 2.1.77
Wireless Driver Version 19.40.0.3

Thank you very much.
I Forgot the extensiĂłn,i was a bit rough, long time i didnt upgrade Intel ME, really aprecciate your help man.
Btw im spanish and i know Fernando also is, what about you?

@ ardennguyen:

Drop the firmware in MEA and you’ll see what you are doing wrong.

Does using Asus Ezflash from the UEFI bios updates ME ? because that’s I always update my bios. Are there specific way ME is getting updated ? from Asus or other company Windows Bios Updater ? or Asus FlashBack and etc other companies ?

Read the first post because such questions show the opposite.

Hi,
I reinstalled windows and can’t understand which intel Chipset Driver and intel Management Engine Interface I should install?

System: xps 13 (chipset: intel 7 series [QS77 Express]/C216)

Thanks

Intel ME 9.5 1.5MB Firmware v9.5.60.1952
Intel ME 9.5 5MB Firmware v9.5.60.1952

Capture.PNG

@ KENT: