Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15)

Yes, my bad, I had 11.0.something which was dated later than the 11.6.10.1196 and I did not check the version.

Thanks for Intel ME 11.6.25.1229_COR_LP_C0_PRD_EXTR.bin

Below : MEInfoWin64

MEInfoWin64.png

Intel ME 11.0 Corporate PCH-LP Firmware v11.0.22.1000

Capture.PNG

Intel MEI v11.6.0.1050 for Corporate systems Drivers & Software

11.6.25.1229 Cor H from Lenovo, it also contains FWUpdate 64bit and MEInfo 32bit of that version.

Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Version 11.7.0.1004 WHQL
http://station-drivers.com/index.php?opt…5&lang=fr#14504

@plutomaniac some update on my tribulation with Asus not-support.

So after much waiting and a extremely thorough report that Asus "requested" that took me some I received this reply after some days.

This of course is total nonsense, and the issue still persists., clearly they are not taking this seriously and hope to get lucky. (just my cynical side talking :wink: )

IMO the suggestion is just as broken as the English used in reply :smiley:

I have replied to Asus letting them know of my findings and await another round of hopefully not nonsense, but hey, Im doubt it and fully expect to have this issue forever.

Intel ME 11.6 Corporate PCH-H Firmware v11.6.25.1229

Capture.PNG

Intel ME System Tools v11.6 r7

For PCH-LP 100/200-series users:

It seems that PDM is possible at ME 11.6 firmware as well. There are 11.6 firmware which can be be YPDM and others which are NPDM. Intel has made things even more confusing at 11.6. If I had to guess, Intel releases each 11.6 kit (firmware, drivers, tools, documentation) twice, one for SPT (100-series) and one for KBP (200-series) systems. At SPT, the LP firmware are distinguished between PDM and non-PDM which is good. However, the same happens at KBP kits but the PDM firmware are just a direct copy of the non-PDM ones. So I cannot trust firmware filenames anymore without knowing the kit they came from because a random firmware marked as “PDM” can be either truly PDM (SPT) or a copy of the equivalent non-PDM (KBP). Based on user reports, we also know that the exact same 11.6 LP firmware, regardless of whether it’s PDM or not, can show different status at the MEInfo’s FWStatusRegister3, depending on whether that system is affected by the PDM erratum or not. On top of that, it’s impossible to determine whether a LP firmware is PDM or not by looking at its data because of a proprietary Huffman compression used at the place where such info is stored. So to sum up, we cannot rely on MEA (binary analysis), MEInfo (FWStatusRegister3) and Stock filenames from Intel Kits (unreliable). Thus, we cannot do anything without knowledgeable researchers who can find a way to decompress Huffman modules. It was done in the past (anything before ME11) by UnHuffME but I don’t see any movement towards doing the same for ME11, unfortunately. Which leaves me with one option:

All 11.6 PCH-LP firmware are tagged as Unknown PDM (UPDM) by MEA, database and repository. If we have both PDM and non-PDM variants of the same version and SKU, they are marked as UPDM1 and UPDM2. I’ve left the previous YPDM and NPDM marks at 11.0 firmware as back then it was a little easier to figure out what they were. These changes will be applied at the next version of MEA.

Capture2.PNG

Last and certainly least, I won’t post these 11.7 drivers at the first post at this point. Intel has apparently decided that yet another ME11 branch is a good idea. Until we know more, I advise all users to use 11.6 drivers only.

@ atomota:

No matter their support, a new BIOS for such a new board is a given. It’s a matter of time. Fingers crossed that ASUS has already seen that problem elsewhere and knows that needs to be fixed.

@ atomota:

Update again your bios via USB BIOS Flashback

TUF.PNG

1. Download the latest BIOS file from the ASUS website.

2. Extract and rename the BIOS image file to Z270TUF1.CAP

3. Copy Z270TUF1.CAP to the root directory of your USB storage device (FAT32).

4. Turn off the system and connect the USB storage device to the USB BIOS Flashback port.

5. Press the USB BIOS Flashback button for 5 sec and release it.

6. When it stops flashing, BIOS updating is complete.

and let us now

Thanks for that, but this doesnt work, sorry.

go in your bios and look in Advanced Mode -> Main what ME Version you have

@nikos_xatz thanks for that follow-up

The information is in an earlier post but the version the boards ships with is from factory 11.6.0.1126 and is apparently locked

Usually when you get this error after post ‘‘Me FW Downgrade - Request Me Spilock Failed’’ the ME Version in Bios should be ‘‘ME FW Version 0.0.0.0’’ but you said that your’s is ‘‘11.6.0.1126’’ i don’t get it how is this possible ?!?!?!?!?
anyway your problem(usually) can be fixed with a Bios update through Bios Flashback or with a ME Firmware Update through Windows… but it seems that your problem is more strange…
I have read somwhere that other people have issues with the same error and it was the ‘‘Secure Boot’’ option in Bios , have you tried this???
it’s in the Boot Section under Secure Boot and in OS Type select UEFI Windows mode…

Where can I find a list of fixes of Intel ME Firmware Versions as version history in this post:
https://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-dev…1586-1-5mo.html ?

Ive posted the rsults of MEinfo and MEmanuf in that post I linked, so the information is all there…
According to plutomanica this ME bios is locked, which I have also confirmed by gathering info on the bios and ME firmware with the tools (results which I posted)

now the error happens with UEFI secure boot ON or OFF (different OS installs of course)

@nikos_xatz read plutomaniacs replies to me, Im willing to try many things but flashing ME bios doesnt seem possible from windows.

See Intel Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware & System Tools (183)

anyway @plutomaniac Asus have replied to me telling me they cant duplicate issue and that they dont suspect bios issues and thus they wont be passing the issue to headquarters, meaning they dont give a s**t.

Ive complained off course not that it matters. So unless this is fixed by magic, I doubt I will ever see a fix, but Im still waiting for Asus reply to my last email, which they will reply in around 4/5 days.

ASUS boycote.

For 8 series , laptop, i5-5200u is 8 series right?
How I upgrade or check version of IMEI?

Intel i5-5200U is under 10.0 series.

@ yurikol:

You cannot. Engine release notes are not public. Sometimes OEMs include some changelogs of their own but they list only some Intel fixes and others that are specific to their own firmware releases.

@ atomota:

Oh it is definitely BIOS. Things is, without a new ASUS BIOS, it can only be fixed (maybe temporarily if the BIOS is the problem, and yes I believe it is) by reflashing the SPI chip (ME+BIOS). That is not possible when the Flash Descriptor is locked and ASUS BIOS Flashback deals only with the BIOS region of the SPI chip. So either wait for a new BIOS which might solve the problem via BIOS Flashback or claim the warranty. I don’t have anything else to add, everything else is up to ASUS. Thank you for keeping me updated though as to your support efforts.

@ ahzhi:

User acid96 already corrected you. Now read the first post to answer your questions, it’s there for a reason.

Sorry For my stupid question…
I am done update firmware
I am choose consumer firmware , but any different between consumer and Corporate system ?
Can I update to corporate system firmware?
And for the driver , latest driver is better for performance? or just follow the guide that 11.0.0.57 IMEI driver is good for performance

Intel ME System Tools v11.6 r8

@ ahzhi:

Yes there are differences which are mentioned at the first post briefly. Doesn’t matter though, that decision is hardware and OEM, not user related. If you have Consumer you update to Consumer, same for whoever has Corporate. As for driver, I only keep the latest here. I don’t know what guide you are referring to but if people want to keep older versions that’s totally up to them.