Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15)

Your Mei driver is outaded now, see Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Version 11.7.0.1004 WHQL

Intel Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware & System Tools (184)

The settings status of the current (pre-flash) bios may somehow influence the end result of how the updated bios firmware functions.
So: there might be a different result if the bios settings are first returned to "optimized default" + reboot, before performing the bios flash update.

I read that just after you linked, thx.

Im actually using that, but it makes no difference to my issue, nor does it seem to make any difference elsewhere, so unless theres some valid reason, which you didnt seem to indicate any reason not to, Ill used the newer version until such time specific info comes forward.

Re: My Spilock issue and Asus; they said that they cant duplicate the issue, I suspect that like I said, it will never be fixed.
I still havenā€™t received a reply after my last retort, and I also suspect they wont ever reply either.

I read that just after you linked, thx.

Im actually using that, but it makes no difference to my issue, nor does it seem to make any difference elsewhere, so unless theres some valid reason, which you didnt seem to indicate any reason not to, Ill used the newer version until such time specific info comes forward.

Re: My Spilock issue and Asus; they said that they cant duplicate the issue, I suspect that like I said, it will never be fixed.
I still havenā€™t received a reply after my last retort, and I also suspect they wont ever reply either.

Did you try flashing the new 0906 BIOS?

@plutomaniac

Re: (A7) Me FW Downgrade - Request Me Spilock Failed Asus TUF Z270 Mark 1

Asus released a new bios version 0906 which has already been flashed via Flashback.
However to no avail of this issue which like I suspected has fallen into deaf hears at Asus.

The good news at least is that some other issues were fixed non related to that which I was also having, but that only brings my bug count down by 1 from total of 3 leaving 2 unresolved issues. Its also not part of bios changelog.

Off the top of your head, whats the latest and best tool to open the bios and look at what versions of everything comes with it? Could you link or point me?

Thanks again and I hope Im not too much of a pain.

Will complain again to Asus since they are utterly not helpful in all fronts support wise.

be well and dont buy Asus.

@ atomota

UEFI BIOS Updater (need to search elsewhere for the last version for now) but thatā€™s not relevant to this topic.

So I can flash the updated version? (I know its not what I need but Im willing to try) OK, since all 5 motherboards tested with same issue here and another umpteen at my friends and Asus is diddling both of us, I guess in that case I can try the upgrade to latest ME firmware and see what gives.

I already have the right FW image.

Current

-------[ ME Analyzer v1.10.2 ]-------
Database r82

File: TUF-Z270-MARK-1-ASUS-0906.CAP

Family: ME
Version: 11.6.0.1126
Release: Production
Type: Region, Extracted
FD: Locked
SKU: Consumer H
Rev: D0
VCN: 120
PV: Yes
Date: 20/09/2016
FIT Ver: 11.6.0.1126
FIT SKU: KBP-H Z270
Size: 0x1F0000
Platform: SPT/KBP
Latest: No

Press enter to exit

Newer target ME update

-------[ ME Analyzer v1.10.2 ]-------
Database r82

File: 11.6.25.1229_CON_H.bin

Family: ME
Version: 11.6.25.1229
Release: Production
Type: Region, Extracted
SKU: Consumer H
Rev: D0
VCN: 178
PV: Yes
Date: 12/02/2017
FIT Ver: 11.6.25.1229
FIT SKU: KBP-H Z270
Size: 0x1BF000
Platform: SPT/KBP
Latest: Yes

Press enter to exit

By the way @plutomaniac what does the VCN: 178 mean? The original is VCN: 120

The size is obviously different but Im assuming this is normal.

Ill let you know what the result is.

From the first post:

Version Control Number(VCN): All ME 8 and up firmware include a VCN number like 1,2,3,4 etc. The VCN number gets incremented if there is a security fix, a significant firmware change or a new feature addition. A downgrade to a lower VCN value via FWUpdate tool is prohibited whereas an upgrade to the same or higher VCN is allowed. For example if your current firmware has a VCN of 4, you can update to another firmware with VCN >=4 but you cannot downgrade to another firmware with VCN <4.

Tesco HUDL EFI with intel me not in database

HUDL_OK.rar (1.93 MB)

@ stevie46:

Welcome and thank you a lot for your report. I added this newer version of that weird TXE v0 branch at the database.

Theres a new ME Driver Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI/AMT) Version 11.7.0.1010 WHQL

Seems driver version remains same that one you blocked though 11.7.0.1002

Guys, what are the changes for Intel ME 9.5 1.5MB Firmware v9.5.60.1952?

Intel MEI Driver v11.7.0.1004 MEI-Only Installer
Intel MEI Drivers & Software v11.7.0.1010 for Corporate systems Drivers & Software
Intel MEI Driver v11.7.0.1002 (Windows 8.x & Windows 10) INF for manual installation
Intel MEI Driver v11.7.0.1002 (Windows XP & Windows 7) INF for manual installation

The 11.6 drivers got replaced with 11.7. The former were moved at section D. From the latter, we are currently missing the Consumer Drivers & Software. Thanks to Station-Drivers for the new drivers.

These newer firmware should be out there: 9.1.40.1000, 10.0.55.1000 & 11.0.24.1000

The changelogs are not public, we donā€™t know.

Please add AMT SOL driver for AMT 4.2 http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/migr-73567

I have my brothers old Dell Alienware Aurora ALX LGA1366 i7 X58 that I am tuning up for himā€¦Does this beast have a Me driver. If so, what should I put on here.

No

Intel SOL "Driver" v5.4.1.1016 (AMT 4) INF for manual installation
Intel SOL Drivers & Software v5.4.1.1016 (AMT 4) Drivers & Software

I've updated the standard MEI from bios version to the latest one available.

Is anyone using Consumer PCH-H Firmware v11.6.25.1229 ?

Is it stable?

No issues here.