Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15)

@ Ricks:

Read Section A carefully.

I did but i dont get it :stuck_out_tongue: (my bad english maybe) i installed the latest 11.8.xx software set and its still version 11.7.xxx driver.
also the intel website Always talks about NUC things, what does that mean?

Intel CSME 11.8 Corporate PCH-H Firmware v11.8.50.3460

Capture1.PNG

Intel ME 9.1 5MB Firmware v9.1.43.3004

Capture.PNG

Intel ME System Tools v9.1 r5

Hello
I’ve been searching for drivers for this device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64 but I can’t seem to find them on the first page. On the first page you only have v11 and v5 drivers that don’t support this device ID.
This device ID is from the 5 series intel consumer chipset, usually seen on most laptops with the 1st “core i” cpu’s.
The last version that I can find is 6.2.50.1050 that you can download from lenovo website https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc…es/6irb03ww.exe and it should work with windows XP or newer
Hope this might help someone

Intel ME 10.0 5MB Firmware v10.0.57.3000

Capture.PNG

@ TigTex:

Intel MEI Driver v6.2.50.1050 (AMT 6) INF for manual installation
Intel SOL “Driver” v6.2.50.1060 (AMT 6) INF for manual installation
Intel MEI v6.2.50.1062 (AMT 6) Drivers & Software

Just a quick reminder for all of you who want to update a Intel NUC (5i3RYH)
I have had a issue with mine not updating to the latest BIOS -> Flash update failed! (ERROR FWUpdateFullBuffer )
That was because I once ago updated the Intel ME to 10.0.55.3000 LP (Consumer 1.5M) and the new Intel BIOS Update wanted to flash to 10.0.45.1024 LP (unsuccessful)

With F4 BIOS recovery procedure I could finally update to the newest Intel NUC BIOS - only with Intel ME downgraded now.

@Ricks

It is explained in the first post of this thread, that although the "software" installer of the MEI is often newer [bigger version number], the actual driver that it installs is often an older version [smaller number].
Did this help?

Intel MEI Driver v12.0.1069 MEI-Only Installer
Intel MEI Driver v12.0.1093 (Windows 8 & Windows 10) INF for manual installation
Intel MEI Driver v12.0.1093 (Windows 7) INF for manual installation
Intel MEI v12.0.1102 for Consumer systems Drivers & Software

The latest v12.0 drivers are usable with 8-series Broadwell mobile & 100-series or newer desktop/mobile systems (CS(ME) >= 10). Users of 9 & 8-series Haswell desktop/mobile systems (ME 9), must use the latest v11.7 drivers instead. Users of 7 & 6-series Ivy/Sandy Bridge desktop/mobile systems (ME 7 - 8), must use the latest v11.0 drivers instead. Users of 5-series or older desktop/mobile systems (ME <= 6), must check Section D to find the driver they need. In order to check your current installed version, use Intel MEInfo tool as instructed below.

Intel CSME 12.0 Consumer PCH-H Firmware v12.0.0.1069

Capture.PNG

FWUpdate Region (FWU): Starting from CSME 12+, Intel FWUpdate tool does not work with all RGN or EXTR CSE firmware images as it additionally requires the presence of PMC firmware, in order for the latter to be updated alongside the main CSE firmware. For that purpose, Intel provides FWUpdate Region (FWU) images to OEMs which are very similar to RGN but with the PMC firmware partition (PMCP) appended. These images are targeting FWUpdate tool but since they are based on stock RGN regions, FWU are also clean and unconfigured and can thus be used with Flash Image Tool (FIT) without any issues. To check if a CSE firmware region is FWU, input it at ME Analyzer tool and make sure that “Firmware Type” is reported as “Region, FWUpdate”. Since FWU regions (like RGN) cannot be extracted from SPI/BIOS images and are only given to OEMs, you can use modified EXTR images with PMC firmware partition appended, in order to initiate FWUpdate tool, when a FWU region Type of a given CSE firmware has not yet been found. Note though that any such modified EXTR images with PMCP added will still be reported as “Region, Extracted” at ME Analyzer tool, even though they can now work with FWUpdate tool. To check if a CSE EXTR firmware region is FWU-compatible, input it at ME Analyzer tool and make sure that “FWUpdate Support” is reported as “Yes”. The CSME v12+ archives below always include FWU or FWU-compatible EXTR CSME firmware images.

Intel CSME System Tools v12 r1

So which brave soul will be first to try shove ME 12 onto a Z170 board?

Maybe you should try and let us know.

Noone, CSME 12 firmware is only for 300/C240-series systems which come with CSME 12 firmware. All 100/200/Z370/X299/C400/C620-series systems use CSME 11 firmware. There is no upgrade path from CSME 11 to 12.

So, basically, only H370, Q370, B360 and H310 use the CSME 12.

The entire current & future 300-series CFL/CNL lineup (Z370 excluded) which means H310, H370, HM370, QM370, QMS380, Q360, Q370, B360, Z390, C242, C246, CM246 etc

Sucks. Means Z370 1151 systems won’t be compatible with future coffee lake processors. Thanks as usual Intel.

Intel MEI v11.7.0.1068 for Consumer systems Drivers & Software
Updated OP

Hi there!

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 7447. I have this issue - sometimes, when I shut it down, the fans would not stop running and exhausting heat until the battery gets fully drained. I searched online for solutions and a guy from the Dell forums said that it was a bug due to the Intel Management Engine Interface driver. He suggested installing a different version. However, when I go to my laptop manufacturer’s website, there is no option to download other versions.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/ph/en/p…?driverId=0K0FT

The processor is an Intel Core i5-4210H and the chipset is HM87.

Please help me on what driver version to download. Thanks in advance!

Hello

On X299, there is the Intel driver "LMS" or not ?
If I install the MEI driver by the .exe, using ME Info, I have the LMS driver version
But I do not find this driver separately
It was the same on X99, I believe

I never paid too much attention to this driver, in the device manager, I do not have any peripherals with missing drivers

Thanks

Just to confirm that I have the same issue on a Gen 7 NUC (7i5) once you update the ME you cannot update the BIOS anymore - as it tries to update ME anyway and fails. So it’s likely all NUCs are affectes as they try to update the ME whether required or not.

The Intel NUC team is an independent entity that has nothing to do with Intel but name - BIOS updates still don’t engage with Secure Boot nor BitLocker after years of trying to explain it to them…

hello,
j have xiaomi air 13,3 and j have always update IMEI Consumer firmware from this site files, until CSME 11.8.50.3460, but now i can’t download file 12.XXX
why ?