Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15)

@MeatWar No offence meant!

I thought you might have remembered one or two examples since I don’t recall problems with ME updates from 8.0 to 8.1 for series 7 boards. I simply would’ve liked to update myself on this.

No my friend non taken… i just cant give you a link from a requested situation as do not have none stored… on my 6 browsers…lol
Too much already stored from 25yrs…
Cheers and a wish you a Happy New Year to you.

Thanks.

But by dumping the bios i get the Error:

Error 318: The host CPU does not have read access to the target flash area. To enable read access for this operation you must modify the descriptor settings to give host access to this region.
FPT Operation Failed.

What can i do now?

My friend its all in the guide to do a full reading not partial and start posting every steep you do.

Its linked there: [Guide] Unlock Intel Flash Descriptor Read/Write Access Permissions for SPI Servicing - Intel Management Engine - Win-Raid Forum

The forum search box could find this (Error 318)… its works you know.

EDIT: Sorry cant see other method without working with the system dump… dont have time to look for it either.
You should wait for more users opinion…branded machines and laptops are not always easy.

Sorry that I have to ask another stupid question:

The device is a notebook. I can’t use the PIN or Programmer method there. According to my research, Dell doesn’t have any hidden BIOS functions either. Is there another method via software?

Hello!
Where can I find updated files for CSME System Tools 12.0.92 ?

15.0.42.2235_COR_LP_B_PRD i need please help me

Top of the thread ( B1. (Converged Security) Management Engine - (CS)ME)
CSME 15.0 CON LP B v15.0.42.2235.rar

and more versions on the repository:

Intel (CS)ME, (CS)TXE, (CS)SPS, GSC, PMC, PCHC, PHY & OROM Firmware Repositories - Special Topics / Intel Management Engine - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

Hello Fernando & Plutomaniac,

i have been using the #1 thread all these years for getting not only the newest firmware and information, but also the newest MEI driver as it was a reliable source for the newest versions, but sadly the “new” link to station-drivers is not getting me the newest heci.inf (driver only) . Besides being extremely fiddly to get to the downloads there.
I am looking for the fresh 2247 driver version - is there any chance we can get the previous mega.nz entry again? I know it means more work…
Best regards!

Edit: Great, no where to be found right now. My system downloaded it from Windows Update, but if you search for it in the catalog, it doesnt show…

DriverVer = 11/16/2022,2247.3.5.0
CatalogFile=HECI.cat
PnpLockDown=1

Maybe I can upload it…

There you go… just need to be a little more patient…

Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI/AMT) Version 2247.3.5.0 WHQL (station-drivers.com)

1 Like

@plutomaniac
My friend how can we provide you this (if valid), on the MEGA repository only the
PCHC CMP v14.0.0.1002

It’s the same archive, download it and you’ll see.

2 Likes

How to disable its ME?

A post was split to a new topic: Help with reverting/repairing CSME of Dell XPS 15 9560

where to download CSME 16?

PHY_TGP_P_12_14_213_2013.zip (14.4 KB)

1 Like

Hello guys,
not much going on here lately?

One question on CSME v15 if you have time:
If I start meinfo and I get
PMC FW Version 150.2.10.1019
SAMF FW Version 1.17.0.0000
PPHY FW Version 12.14.215.2015
PCHC FW Version 15.0.0.1013

What does SAMF FW Version mean, do I need it if I compile a new CSME v15 version or can I safely ignore it in the process? Where can it be found to download if needed?
And what does “prestitched” mean - as i can see that in the original FW BIN name from Lenovo…
Regards!

For an update or a complete image?

It’s explained in the first post.

Well, I compared the FW that Lenovo offers for 15.0.41 and there is SAMF included inside.
If I compile the FW with FIT without SAMF, the image is smaller and SAMF is not listed inside. So I might be losing whatever SAMF is, and that’s not worth the risk for the moment.

Then I guess prestitched just means with all IUPs included?

Since I don’t know which Lenovo machine we’re talking about and if you try to build an update or a region/full firmware / what you’re doing exactly, it’s impossible to comment.