Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15)

the meinfo screen is the second in the album , it shows firmware 6.0.31.1208
the same number is used in the read me file of the ibm me update with date of 2010/03/02 of the firmware update : http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds012852
i read things about the hm57 at page 21 of this topic but it was not like my trouble . despite that it seems flashable according to a pdf i found : http://komposter.com.ua/documents/System…ment_Engine.pdf
page 22 it says something about a sku of 8 M .

At Device Manager > System Devices, do you see a device named Intel(R) Management Engine Interface?

The 5-series were kind of a mess regarding different SKUs and revisions etc. Anyway, according to the Intel Chipset Datasheet for 5-series the HM57 seems to support some parts of the 5MB firmware.

Without a BIOS dump from your machine or a BIOS from HP (there wasn’t any update as far as I saw) I cannot know for sure. Try to make a dump with FPT -d BIOS.BIN. If it reports error 26 then you have a locked descriptor so that won’t work. Other than that, I suggest you try the ME6 v6.2.60.1066 5MB update.

thx , i tested a lot of tools in the pack but none are really well with my mainboard hm57 .
at least i use the latest driver
this Me topic is very good for chipset 7 and latest ;’]

@grml4d

For your HM57 system, can you test this attached ME firmware please?

PCH_8M_DT_UPD_Production.rar (1.82 MB)

I just realized that the backup made with -save is just 1,19 MB in size… why is that? is that the reason I’m not able to flash the backup file from my girlfriend via -F ?

What error are you getting?

The size is normal as it’s an update file not a region and even so sometimes there might be more or less FF padding at the end of an image, it does not matter.

I got an "internal error" while flashing her backup after 21%

FWUpdate usually describes what error it faced exactly. Either way, this could easily happen because you are trying to downgrade to a firmware that is a lot older than your current and thus it has an older SVN/VCN number.

AprvfR.png

Error 8741: FW Update Failed.

Error 8707: Firmware update failed due to an internal error

this is the exact error… so… it’s not possible to downgrade I assume?

edit: btw. does it matter if I use the x86/x64 version? Obviously I have a x64 system, so I use the x64 version, but you always mention the x86 executable… just curious

Where did I mention the x86 executable?

Yes such errors don’t really help to pinpoint the problem but my best guess is downgrade incapability due to lower SVN/VCN numbers.

Can you attach that update firmware you are trying to flash to check the version?

Well you always mention the exe without the 64 part… so I was assuming you mean the x86 .exe…

The version is 9.5.1.1458 LP via MEinfo

jul.zip (1.08 MB)

Oh wait, according to the file you attached, did you try to flash it without an extension? Rename the file to me.bin and try again.

no no, I tried both ways^^ first it was .bin and after that I thought, maybe THAT is wrong and I renamed it back to no extension…

9.5.1.1458 is a very old firmware, probably one of the first ones released. Certainly the SVN/VCN has changed many times since. Anyway, the oldest one I could find around quickly is 9.5.2.1489 which I have attached below. For other old versions check station-drivers.

ME_1.5MB_9.5.2.1489_RGN.rar (1.08 MB)

thank you, but I doubted that this would help me, I don’t think anything is wrong with this particualr firmware, my “guess” was just that Sony did something so that it only works perfectly with the one original firmware… I know how far fetched that idea was but I really had some bad expiriences with what Sony did with this plattform and you already told me that you doubt that it has something to do with it…I thought I could just test it quick and easy so I can put my focus on something else if this wasn’t the problem, so I will stop messing with something I don’t know that much about. Thank you for all your help again!

Yes I have my fair share of bad Sony experiences as well, trust me. Their support policy, hardware RMA’s, ancient drivers etc… There is a reason Sony dropped the VAIO division, a lot of things were not working at all.

For HM65 laptop chipsets, I should follow the recommended ME firmware for 6-series chipsets and install the latest ME driver, right?

Firmware: 7.1.60.1193
Driver: 10.0.30.1054

Firmware: 7.1.60.1193
Driver: 10.0.30.1054

Thanks.

thank’s for your lordkag…

i use your unlock ME tweak file…
now i can update ME firmware in windows.

i upload my bios file…
for someone use same model…
asrock x79 proffesionl bios bese on 3.1

X79PFS_3.zip (5.12 MB)