Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15)

I have a Sabertooth Z77 with the last bios from asus (v2104). My current info for MEI firmware is:

Intel(R) MEInfo Version: 8.1.56.1541
Copyright(C) 2005 - 2014, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Intel(R) ME code versions:

BIOS Version: 2104
MEBx Version: Not available
Gbe Version: 1.3
VendorID: 8086
PCH Version: 4
FW Version: 8.0.2.1410
UNS Version: Not Available
LMS Version: 9.0.0.1310
MEI Driver Version: 9.0.0.1287
Wireless Hardware Version: Not Available
Wireless Driver Version: Not Available

FW Capabilities: 0x01101C40

Intel(R) Capability Licensing Service - PRESENT/ENABLED
Protect Audio Video Path - PRESENT/ENABLED
Intel(R) Dynamic Application Loader - PRESENT/ENABLED

CPU Upgrade State: Not Upgradable
Cryptography Support: Disabled
Last ME reset reason: Power up
Local FWUpdate: Enabled
BIOS Config Lock: Enabled
GbE Config Lock: Enabled
Host Read Access to ME: Enabled
Host Write Access to ME: Enabled
SPI Flash ID #1: 1C3117
SPI Flash ID VSCC #1: 20052005
SPI Flash BIOS VSCC: 20052005
BIOS boot State: Post Boot
OEM Id: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
Capability Licensing Service: Enabled
Capability Licensing Service Status: Permit info not available
OEM Tag: 0x00000000
Localized Language: Unknown
Independent Firmware Recovery: Disabled

Is it safe to upgrade to MEI last firmware version v8.1.52.1496?

Iā€™m currently under Windows 8.1 x64 and iā€™m planning to update to Win10 x64 anytime soon. I will install last MEI driver version v11.0.0.1157. Some advices?

Thank you

@ graphixillusion:

Yes you can update to the latest 8.1.52.1496 1.5MB firmware and 11.0.0.1157 INF/Installer drivers safely. As far as the drivers are concerned, the same applies for Windows 10.

@plutomaniac

Thank you for support! If i leave the firmware untouched and just update the driver under win10, it will be enough? Or is it really better to update the firmware to the last version? I never saw any problem with the current one, just wondering whatā€™s best to doā€¦

Trying to upgrade from 9.1.21.1000 to 9.1.30.1008 but get this:
Error 8771: Invalid File

Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H Win8.1 x64

http://i.imgur.com/RA7tIKv.png
http://i.imgur.com/v4PlRGn.png

@ graphixillusion:

You donā€™t have to update the firmware, nor the drivers for that matter. Itā€™s always up to the individual. I answered a very similar question some posts above. Either way, at the first post (first lines) there is a link to a pdf which shows what ME is responsible for.

@ RiP:

What file did you download exactly? Is it named ME.bin like you told the FWUpdate tool to flash?

http://www.smartredirect.de/redir/clickGā€¦stem-Tools.html

I renamed it to ME.bin

@ RiP:

Maybe the archive did not download properly and the file is corrupted. Maybe you need administrator privileges when running FWUpdate. Maybe try placing FWUpdate under C:\ root directory.

Hi There,

I have Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5 Mobo. Iā€™ve updated ME FW to v9.1.30.1008 (1.5MB). Can I update to higher version?

Thanx

If itā€™s not on the first post, there is no further update.

Hello everyone,

i have a Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H mainboard and upgraded my OS to Win 10 Pro x64 (from Win 7 Pro) yesterday. I then downloaded the latest IMEI Win 10 drivers (which are 11.0.0.1156) from the Gigabyte support page and installed it without any problem.

Issue is, that it seems to be not installed correctly or to be to wrong driver, as most of the time (not everytime though), it does not start up correctly (shows a yellow exclamation mark in device manager). The event log says that it couldnā€™t contact the firmware properly.

When i manually deactivate and reactivate the device in device manager, it appears to work ok. But iā€™m not sure about that.

If any of you guys had any tipps or help on this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: It would also be great if someone could link me to the standalone driver, as it probably doesnā€™t make much sense to install the whole IMEI package on a home workstation.

@ Richter_Belmont:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Maybe something went wrong, when you installed the complete Intel MEI Drivers & Software Set.
My tip: Uninstall the Intel MEI Software by using the Add/remove Software option. Then reboot and - if needed - reinstall just the Intel ME driver manually.

You are absolutely right regarding this point.
You can find the latest "naked" Intel MEI drivers for a manual installation within the chapter A1 of the start post (look for the Annex "INF for manual installation").

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Tried all but no luck.

Just took a backup and noticed that the created file is 3.88MB. Then maybe I have the 5M version, right?
How to check if itā€™s 1.5M or 5M?

Hello Fernando, thank you for all the great info on this forum!

Is there a chance that files from A1 are corrupted? I downloaded first 2-3 files and when i try to open them with 7zip it says that they are not an archive. I want to add that other files from this forum like meanalyzer works like charm, or even the full me driver files are ok but the "inf only" seems corrupted.

"Intel MEI Driver v11.0.0.1157 MEI-Only Installer
Intel MEI Driver v11.0.0.1157 INF for manual installation"

Can you take a look? Thank you!

Hi Fernando,

i should have mentioned that i already did this numerous times. There must be an issue with the driver or the firmware (or the OS).

Also, it worked fine with Win 7 Pro. So i donā€™t think its an hardware issue.

Will do. Thank you!

@ Richter_Belmont:
If you should still have a problem with the Intel ME driver, I recommend to install v10.0.30.1054 instead of the v11.0.0.1157.
In my case (Z97 chipset) Win10 had automaticly installed the driver v10.0.30.1054.
Furthermore I recommend to check the Intel ME firmware by running the related tools. You can find them all within the start post of this thread.

@ robE:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

I just have downloaded both packages and unzipped them without any problem.
Since all these archives are compressed by using WinRAR v5.xx, you should better take WinRAR of the v5 series than 7-Zip.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Indeed, works fine with winrarā€¦sorry for the hassle but itā€™s the first time i run into compatibility problems with 7zip.

No problem. The latest WinRAR versions from v5 up have a new compression method and you probably used a very old 7-Zip version.

Actually i use the latest beta 15.05 from 2015-06-14 but i guess there are still some differences and 7zip has to catch up.

@ RiP:

Indeed, your system has a 5MB SKU (and also an older firmware which I didnā€™t have at my repository). Download the 9.1.30.1008 5MB firmware and flash that.

Capture.PNG

@ robE:

Yes, 7-zip still doesnā€™t support Rar 5.0 compression even though it has been available for years. So WinRar is needed for larger archives that benefit from the bigger compression dictionary. Also, the fact that WinRar 5 is required is clearly mentioned (and underlined) at the first post.