Intel RST/RSTe Drivers (latest: v20.1.0.1015/ v9.0.0.1836)

That is an interesting find, because until now I have never seen an original Intel RST/RST(e) Drivers & Software Set, which natively does support the on-board Intel SATA RAID Controller, but where it is impossible to install the related software (RST Console and Services).

Who says "Windows 7 RAID Controller"? I have never seen such name.

This release looks broken. It does contain the driver, but does not install any new version of the UI / executables.

edit: uninstalling / re-installing new version works

That is an interesting find, because until now I have never seen an original Intel RST/RST(e) Drivers & Software Set, which natively does support the on-board Intel SATA RAID Controller, but where it is impossible to install the related software (RST Console and Services).

Who says "Windows 7 RAID Controller"? I have never seen such name.

this is in the registry …@iastorv.inf,%*PNP0600.DeviceDesc%;Intel RAID Controller Windows 7
im running x79 …the crappy g1assassin2 that nothing ever works properly. I think I made a mistake once …months ago and installed the old matrix software, probably screwed up my os? Someone help me lol …ive got a pooh load of games and software installed, some software ive lost the keys to, it takes 3days plus nights to set it back up after a clean install. My backup image is the same one …didn’t realize I couldn’t install newer drivers when I made the backup. Does anyone else running windows 8.1 have iastorv in system/currentcontrol/services ?

The file named iastorv.inf is the Win7/Win8 own information file for the generic Intel MSM RAID driver v8.6.2.1025.

All Windows 8.1 users have this registry entry - irrespective of the Intel SATA mode they are running (AHCI/IDE/RAID).
This is what the registry of my Z97 AHCI system shows:

I think it’s something buggy in this release, I never had this problem before…

Which chipset?

I think it’s something buggy in this release, I never had this problem before…

Maybe the older Intel chipsets are not 100% supported by the latest Intel RST(e) Drivers & Software Sets v13.x.x.xxxx, although the RAID drivers are still installable due to the uniform standard DeviceID DEV_2822.
Please consider, that the Intel SATA RAID Controllers of the various chipsets (ICH8/9/10 and 5-/6-/7-/8-/9-Series) are absolutely different despite the common DeviceID DEV_2822. The Intel RAID ROM/SataDriver modules contain specific hex code commands for all these different Intel SATA RAID Controllers and specify them by "Alternate DeviceIDs".
By the way: This explains why not all "Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA RAID Controllers" (DEV_2822) natively do support the TRIM in RAID0 feature.

Which chipset?

My generally given advice to uninstall the previously running Intel RST software before installing any other Intel RST Drivers & Software Set version, is valid for all Intel chipsets.

I also had problems installing this driver, although I was likely the cause of the problem…

I installed the Intel RSTe 13.1.0.1058 Beta, then installed Intel RSTe 13.1.0.1058 WHQL over the top - which was a mistake as the Beta was not automatically uninstalled and the WHQL driver did not install properly.

Although the WHQL driver and GUI where installed and functioning there was no uninstall option in Windows 8.1 control panel (so some registry entries were not removed or updated).

When I went to install Intel RSTe 13.2.0.1016 WHQL the driver and GUI did not install at all.

I had to go into device manager → Storage Controllers → Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller → Properties → Driver → Uninstall (I ticked the box to delete the corrupt driver)

After that I could install the Intel RSTe 13.2.0.1016 WHQL driver and GUI ok.

Same blunder, and same solution!

Not working for me. After that I still have nothing in control panel, 13.2 drivers installed, but old 13.1 GUI…
EDIT: it seems that I didn’t have any RST uninstall option in control panel even before installing 13.2. It’s the second time after a fresh install that Intel packages corrupt my registry. Intel packages are pure bulls**t.
Is there any way to force the reinstall of RST?

New Intel Rapid Storage technology entreprise driver 4.1.0.1047 WHQL, driver version 4.1.0.1046

https://www.mediafire.com/?21sc9yw2yczcy92 (thanks to stasio)

Ghostearth.

Thanks for the link!
Since the new complete Intel RSTe package v4.1.0.1047 WHQL contains slightly updated Intel RSTe drivers v4.1.0.1046 WHQL and the Intel RSTe Console Software v4.1.0.1047, I have updated the start post of this thread again.

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• updated: 32/64bit Intel RSTe drivers v4.1.0.1046 WHQL (now dated 06/13/2014, but still shown as being dated 05/07/2014)
  • new: Complete Intel RSTe Drivers & Software Set v4.1.0.1047 WHQL dated 06/13/2014

These Intel Enterprise Edition packages are only usable with Intel C600 Chipset Series systems like X79. Supported are all Operating Systems from Windows Server 2003 up.

Enjoy the new Intel RSTe AHCI/RAID drivers and the complete Drivers & Software Set!
Fernando

Here is the new Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver Version 12.8.13.1000 WHQL

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver Version 12.8.13.1000 WHQL

Description:

Date & Version drivers: 03/24 / 2014,12.8.13.1000

To:

PCI \ VEN_8086 & DEV_3B29 & CC_0106.DeviceDesc = 'Intel (R) 5 Series 4 Port SATA AHCI Controller "
PCI \ VEN_8086 & DEV_3B2F & CC_0106.DeviceDesc = 'Intel (R) 5 Series 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller "
PCI \ VEN_8086 & DEV_3B22 & CC_0106.DeviceDesc = 'Intel (R) 5 Series / 3400 Series SATA AHCI Controller "
PCI \ VEN_8086 & DEV_1C02 & CC_0106.DeviceDesc = 'Intel (R) Desktop / Workstation / Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller "
PCI \ VEN_8086 & DEV_1C03 & CC_0106.DeviceDesc = 'Intel (R) Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller "
PCI \ VEN_8086 & DEV_1D02 & CC_0106.DeviceDesc = 'Intel (R) C600 Series Chipset SATA AHCI Controller "
PCI \ VEN_8086 & DEV_1E02 & CC_0106.DeviceDesc = 'Intel (R) 7 Series / C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller "
PCI \ VEN_8086 & DEV_1E03 & CC_0106.DeviceDesc = 'Intel (R) 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller "
PCI \ VEN_8086 & DEV_8C02 & CC_0106.DeviceDesc = 'Intel (R) 8 Series / C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller "
PCI \ VEN_8086 & DEV_8C03 & CC_0106.DeviceDesc = 'Intel (R) 8 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller "
PCI \ VEN_8086 & DEV_9C02 & CC_0106. DeviceDesc = 'Intel (R) 8 Series / C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller "
PCI \ VEN_8086 & DEV_9C03 & CC_0106.DeviceDesc = ‘Intel (R) 8 Series SATA AHCI Controller Chipset Family’

PCI \ VEN_8086 & DEV_2822 & CC_0104.DeviceDesc = 'Intel (R) Desktop / Workstation / Server Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller "
PCI \ VEN_8086 & DEV_282A & CC_0104.DeviceDesc = ‘Intel (R) Mobile Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller’

Sub:

Microsoft Windows 7
Microsoft Windows 7 x64 Edition
Microsoft Windows 8 & Windows 8 x64 Edition
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 & Microsoft Windows Server 2008 x64 Edition Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 x64
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 & Microsoft Windows Server 2012 x64 Edition
Microsoft Windows 8.1 & Microsoft Windows x64 Edition 8.1

This new driver have too many FIX , see more in posted link.

Thanks for the info and the link!

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• new: 32/64bit Intel RST(e) drivers v12.8.13.1000 WHQL dated 04/07/2014 (shown within the Device Manager as being dated 03/24/2014)
  • new: Intel RSTe Drivers & Software Set v12.8.13.1000 WHQL dated 05/20/2014

These Intel RST(e) drivers are suitable for AHCI systems from 5-Series up and for RAID systems from ICH8R/M up except X79 running in RSTe RAID mode (DEV_2826). Supported are only Operating Systems from Windows 7 and Server 2008 up. Thanks to Station-Drivers for having published these drivers.

Enjoy these newest Intel RSTe AHCI/RAID drivers from the v12.8 series!
Fernando

Here is Intel RST 13.2.4.1000 WHQL
http://station-drivers.com/

Thanks for the info and the link!

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• new: 32/64bit Intel RST(e) drivers v13.2.4.1000 WHQL dated 08/04/2014 (shown within the Device Manager as being dated 07/25/2014)
  • new: Intel RSTe Drivers & Software Set v13.2.4.1000 WHQL WHQL dated 08/04/2014

The included AHCI drivers are natively only usable with Intel 8- and 9-Series Chipsets. In RAID mode all Intel Chipset systems from ICH8R/M up are supported (except X79 running in RSTe RAID mode with DEV_2826). Supported are only Operating Systems from Windows 7 and Server 2008 up.

Meanwhile I have tested these new drivers with my Z97 system in AHCI and RAID mode. They are running fine. If you are interested in the benchmark results I got, please look >here<.

Enjoy these newest Intel RSTe AHCI/RAID drivers from the v13.2 series!
Fernando

What do you mean by "used natively"? I thought drivers are either made for specific hardware or not.

It is the decision of the chipset manufacturer, which HardwareIDs are put into the original INF file of an AHCI/RAID driver. For all these HardwareIDs the driver will work natively. Nevertheless the driver may work fine with other storage devices with other HardwareIDs as well, if they are added into the INF file. This is what I try to do with my modded drivers. The drivers themselves (that are the .SYS files) will stay untouched, I change just the entries of the information file, which is a simple text file.

Hi Fernando,

I tested yesterday with my GA-X79UD3 on “Win7” and couldn’t use the 13.2… drivers “not the right system to install” - so I tried to install the new 4.1… drivers for C600 chipset.
Install worked fine, but after that the reboot, the boot stucked within the boot window (colored window logo) for minutes.
After a long time the repair mode from Win7 told me to repair windows, cause the boot process failed and windows needs to be repaired after installing a defective driver.

I did so and after successfully reboot I replaced the 4.1 drivers with the old 13.1…1058 drivers - and it worked.
A test with the old RST(e) drivers worked too but only with a write performance of 80MB/s with a Samsung830SSD.

Do you have an idea, what was wrong?

Kind regards :slight_smile:

@ stevie:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

The Intel RST(e) drivers v13.2.x.x.xxxx series do not support X79 chipset systems running in AHCI mode, the Intel RSTe drivers v4.x.x.xxxx are mainly designed for the upcoming X99 mainboards.
Your bad write performance may be caused by the missing write caching settings within the Disk Drives section of the Device Manager (for details look into point 2 of >this< start post.

Regards
Fernando

I might be overlooking the obvious, but how do I check my current RST(e) driver version? Device Manager doesn’t seem to be any help.