Intel RST/RSTe Drivers (latest: v20.1.0.1015/ v9.0.0.1836)

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Driver 13.5.0.1056 WHQL

https://www.mediafire.com/?kad1skbhorf6wdu

DriverVer= 08/22/2014,13.5.0.1056

@ ex58:
Thanks for the info and the link.
I had already seen the announcement at Station-Drivers some hours ago, but we all had to wait until the download was available there.

@ all:
Today Station-Drivers has published the first Intel RST(e) drivers from the v13.5 development branch. They have the version v13.5.0.1056, are dated 10/09/20914 and WHQL certified.
For details you may look >here<.

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• new: 32/64bit Intel RST(e) drivers v13.5.0.1056 WHQL dated 10/09//2014 (shown within the Device Manager as being dated 08/22/2014)
  • new: Intel RSTe Drivers & Software Set v13.5.0.1056 WHQL dated 10/09/2014

The included AHCI drivers are natively only usable with Intel 8- and 9-Series Chipsets. In RAID mode all Intel Chipset systems from ICH8R/M up are supported (except X79 running in RSTe RAID mode with DEV_2826). Supported are only Operating Systems from Windows 7 and Server 2008 up.
Thanks to Station-Drivers for having published the source package.

Enjoy these newest Intel RSTe AHCI/RAID drivers from the v13.5 series!
Fernando

Hi Fernando,

I have a question I was hoping you could help me with.

Today, I downloaded version 13.2.4.1000 RST Setup.exe from Intel’s website. When I tried to install it I got the following message: ‘Platform not supported’. The last version I used before this one was 13.1.0.1058, and that worked perfectly (I have now reverted back to this version).

I’m running Win 7 x64, and my chipset is Z77 (Asus Maxmus V Extreme). ACHI mode is enabled in BIOS. I have had no issues with past versions, but 13.2.4.1000 is not installing due to the ‘Platform not supported’ error.

Is this normal?

Also, what version of the RSTsetup.exe would you recommend for my configuration? (I only have 1 drive in my system; an OCz Vertex 4 512GB)

Leon

@ SGL:
Hello Leon,
welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

The simple reason for this message is, that Intel 7-Series Chipsets as yours are not supported anymore by the newest original Intel RST drivers from v13.2 series up (nevertheless you will be able to use them, but then you will have to install a modded variant). Only Intel 8- and 9-Series are nativelöy supported by the Intel RST drivers v13.2.x.xxxx and v13.5.x.xxxx. Not even X99 mainboards are natively supported by them.

If you want the best possible performance, I recommend to uninstall the RST Software from within the Control Panbel and to manually install the latest Intel RST driver v13.1.0.1058 WHQL from within the Device Manager. The Intel RST Software is not really needed for AHCI systems, but may drop your system performance due to the Services running in the background.

Regards
Fernando

Many thanks, Fernando!

I will take your advice and install the driver via device manager. What is the easiest way to do this? Will I need to download a different file, or will the SetupRST.exe work using the manual method?

Regards,
Leon

Instead of the "Intel RST(e) Drivers & Software Set" you have to download the 32bit resp. 64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI & RAID drivers you want to install.
Before you start the manual installation from within the Device Manager (by doing a right click onto the listed Intel AHCI Controller and choosing the "Update Software" option), you should uninstall the currently running Intel RST Software by using the "Add/remove Software" feature of the Control Panel.

Could you please post links and a step-by-step guide on how to do this? I am sorry for the trouble; I just want to make sure I do everything in the best possible way.

>Here< is the link to the 64bit Intel RST(e) drivers v13.1.0.1058 WHQL.
Here is the requested guide:
1. Dowenload the linked driver and unzip it somewhere on any of your storage drives.
2. Uninstall the RST Software from within the Control Panel ("Add/Remove Software") and reboot.
3. Enter the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" section of the Device Manager.
4. Right click onto the listed Intel AHCI Controller (maybe named "Standard 1.0 AHCI Serial ATA Controller") and choose the options "Properties" > "Driver".
5. If the Intel RST(e) driver v13.1.0.1058 should be already (resp. still) running, there is nothing to do for you.

If another driver should be shown, choose the button "Update Driver Software", choose the option "Browse my Computer" and navigate to the folder, which contains the unzipped driver files.
Then let the OS install the driver.
After the next reboot your Intel SATA ports will use the just installed Intel AHCI driver.

Ok. Everything went smoothly. Thank you very much for the help, Fernando! Much appreciated.

Driver 13.5.0.x and ROM 13.5.0.x…

Ok, so I have a small problem. I have a Gigabyte GA-EG41MFT-US2H motherboard, ICH7R, Samsung 840EVO connected. BIOS is set to AHCI (enhanced) mode, however problem is the SSD won’t work in in AHCI mode, always stuck in IDE. In device manager AHCI driver is dated 25.2.2013. - 9.1.9.1003. Here is also a screenshot of AS-SSD benchmark showing intelide as bus driver, shouldn’t it say iastora or something smilar? Samsung Magician reports that AHCI mode is disabled.

@ Deyo238:

I doubt, that you have set the Intel SATA Controller to "AHCI" within the BIOS.

The v9.1.9.1003 seems to be an INF file as part of the Intel Chipset Device Software, but it is definitively not an Intel AHCI driver. Look for the "Driver Details". What do you see there? I guess, that the running driver is the generic MS IDE driver named PCIIDE.SYS.
Please open the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" section of the Device Manager and post a screenshot. Then we may know more about your IDE and AHCI Controllers.

I am definitely sure that I have enabled AHCI in BIOS, as my firs install was in IDE mode, and I was unable to boot the system after I’ve changed it to AHCI mode, so I’ve done a complete reinstall. Windows 8.1 Core x64 is operating system in question. Here’s the screenshot.

@ Deyo238:

Thanks for the screenshots, which verify, that your Intel SATA Controller is running in IDE mode and not in AHCI mode.
The listed Intel Ultra ATA and Serial ATA Controllers are IDE ones and do not support AHCI.
I have no idea, which SATA Controller you have set to "AHCI" within the BIOS, but it definitively was not the Intel one.

Another idea: Please open the "Storage Controllers" section of the Device Manager. Is there any Controller listed? If yes, what is its name?

Yeah something is wrong, tried to install manually AHCI driver, first by reverting to Microsoft Standard driver, then updating manually to Intel’s, but ended up in BSOD bootloop, had to make system restore to revert to the old ones. But motherboard manual clearly states that when it’s put to Enhanced mode, it should work as SATA i.e. AHCI right?

No, that is not correct. The "Enhanced Mode" setting obviously means only, that all Intel SATA ports are running in S-ATA (and not in P-ATA) mode. SATA mode and AHCI mode are different things.
I believe, that your on-board Intel SATA Controller doesn’t support the AHCI standard features at all.

You are welcome!

One more thing, sorry to bother you though.

I was not really welcomed in the other forum, so my only question is (I have no time to further experiment on my system any more…) thjis iastorF bug only causes some speed decrease right? So it will not add any more usage to my ssd, will not degrade its lifetime? If not than I am good, it is quick enough already :wink: But I do not wish to make it die quicker.

Regards

Yes!

Not really, but nevertheless I recommend to prevent, that the absolutely unneeded SCSI filter driver iaStorF is permanently running in the background. Minimum should be to check, if you are affected at all by this iaStorF residue issue.

I noticed RSTe ver. 4.1.1047 drivers on Intel’s website here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_…x?DwnldID=24251 Even though they are described as 4.1.0.0147 on the download page they are in fact 4.1.0.1047.

On Intel’s website are neither RSTe drivers v4.1.0.0147 nor v4.1.1047. It took me more than 1 hour to download the 35 MB sized file, but I have spent it for nothing.
Please look into the start post of this thread. There you will find the correct version of the latest Intel RSTe drivers (it’s v4.1.0.1046). Only the RSTe Software is v4.1.0.1047. Both (the drivers and the complete pack) are here available since several months.