Language problem when using Pale Moon x64 browser

I observe that when using Palemoon x64 v26.00 browser the German and English langage are mixed.
Here are some screenshots:

@100PIER :
Thanks for your interesting info.
By the way: I cannot see anything in German language, when I am running Google Chrome or MS Edge.

Just for testing purposes I have just changed the Forum language.
Questions:
1. Do you still see the german words?
2. Are you using the "clean" english version of the Pale Moon software or have you added a (french) language package?

have a similar issue on my mobile phone using both explorer and Dolphin… might that be an issue with the mobile version of the forum?

@Fernando
Yes, i see again a mix of english/german words.
I use the new French Package offered when install Palemoon v26.0
With previous v25.8.1 I didn’t observed the strange forum ‘look’.
The Release Notes of Palemoon v26.0 (a major release) should help to understand why the aspect of the forum is now so quite different.

@ 100PIER and @elisw :
Thank you very much for your reports.
Meanwhile I have tested it on my Z97 Desktop system by using the browsers Pale Moon (32bit English version) and Google Chrome (64bit German version).

Here are the related pictures of the "Private Messages" Forum section (missing translations are marked in red colour):

A. Pale Moon:

Missing translation at Win-RAID Forum - Pale Moon.png

B. Google Chrome:

Missing translation Win-RAID Forum - Google Chrome.png

My conclusion:
1. Both browsers show some missing translations, but Pale Moon much more than Google Chrome.
2. It is obviously a problem, which can only be solved by Xobor, the hoster of my Forum.

Meanwhiile I have contacted Xobor about this Forum Software issue.
As soon as I will get a reply, I will let you know it.

Greetings
Dieter

@Fernando ,
Thanks for your analysis.
Not only the missing translations marked in red color, but also the "Look and feel" (the aspect, banner, colors, etc…) are totally different under PaleMoon64 if we compare aspect under FireFox64 or Vivaldi64 or Chromium64 browsers.
The other strange thing is the timestamp of the messages which seems generated by the server located somewhere on the planet with its local time…
Yes, Xobor has some investigations to do…

@100PIER and @elisw :
Meanwhile I got a reply from a Xobor Forum expert named Ingmar.
Here is a short summary of his statement:
1. Xobor is working hard trying to complete the translation of all Forum Templates, but it may take a while until it has been completed.
2. The special design of Pale Moon is caused by its presentation as browser for Mobile systems. Xobor does not fully support such “hobby project browsers”.
The complete discussion can be read >here< (in german language).

@Fernando
Thanks for the information.
I understand Xobor has a hard work to upgrade its servers to support to the most advanced technology.
It is usual for Web Server business (i.e. i know that some Telecoms Servers have the same kind of problems or restrictions at this day).
I don’t think Pale Moon is specific to Mobile systems.
Are you telling if Pale Moon is installed on a mobile you will browse your site correctly ?
Here is the last and new Release Notes of Pale Moon which explain some web compatibility fixed.
PaleMoon Release Note
However I have tested the last Release v26.0.2 and the problem is always observed.
Thanks again for your time.

Obviously not, but the Pale Moon code lets the web servers think, that it is designed for Mobile systems. That is why the design is so different to other browsers running on a Desktop.

I haven’t yet tested it.

I have to add that the forum layout is completely broken in Pale Moon. Quotes don’t work, the main forum page doesn’t even show icons and numerous other things.
I have all the reasons in the world to believe that PM 100% adheres to web standards in the proper ways, so it must be something being done wrong in the forum software.

@Octopuss :
Although I am the owner of this Forum and its domain, I don’t have any influence on the Forum software.
Please read >here<, what my hoster has answered regarding the reported user problems with the browser “Pale Moon”.
Conclusion: I cannot do anything for you and other affected users.

Can’t believe the Xobor experts. First of all: the issue is not caused by the “browser’s mobile presentation” (I’d rather not comment the “hobby project” part), but from their outdated forum code. More details on the issue, here.

To fellow users: to magically solve issues with win-raid.com, simply create a user-agent string override for win-raid.com in about:config that does not contain the word “Goanna”. One such example string would be: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.9 PaleMoon/27.2.0

Yes, it’s three letters that confuse the Forum software, which believes it’s a “Goa” mobile instead of the Goanna rendering engine (fork of Gecko)… They obviously use the extremely bad practice of user agent sniffing and these are the results.

Fernando, please let them know that they don’t need to support a “hobby project browser”, but to update their problematic browser sniffing so users won’t have to pretend they use another browser to override problematic website code.

@MagneticStuff :
Thanks for your contribution and the tip how to solve the Pale Moon language issue while joining the Win-RAID Forum.
Nevertheless I am rather uncertain, if the Xobor team alone should be blamed for this problem.
Please have a look into >this< meanwhile locked voluminous thread within the Pale Moon Forum.

Thanks Fernando. I can’t see something different in that thread. Most problems were caused by an >old issue< of the popular Mobile_Detect PHP class that has been solved/updated almost a year ago, and most websites have updated their code by now. Those websites that still use the old version of that mobile-detection tool, will run into the same issue with Pale Moon (or any browser that contains “Goa” in its user agent string).

The main problem with win-raid.com is the mobile layout and subsequent missing elements that come with it. However, everything works fine if the user changes the browser’s user agent string (the desktop layout reappears normally) so I think it’s a classic example of browser sniffing gone wrong - the browser itself has no problems with win-raid.com, everything works fine.

@MagneticStuff :
As you can read within this thread, I have informed the company Xobor as the hoster of this Forum about the display problems while using the Pale Moon browser and asked for a solution, but the Xobor Support Team refused to work on this issue.
Since I don’t want to change the hoster, my options the change the current situation are very limited.
I am sorry about that.

Ah ok, I thought they didn’t know the cause of the issue but from the German thread it seems they were fully informed but still refuse to do anything? Oh well… that’s even worse.

Anyway, not a problem and thanks for trying to contact them - users can use a >user agent override< as described in the previous posts.

@MagneticStuff :
Thanks again for your efforts to get this “Pale Moon” display problems for Desktop users solved.

@all “Pale Moon” users:
Encouraged by the statements given by our Forum member MagneticStuff, I re-contacted today Ingmar (chief of the Xobor Support Team) regarding the “Pale Moon” display problem for Desktop users.
Finally Ingmar promised to solve the problem very soon.
Here are the good news for you:
1. According to Ingmar’s statement the “Pale Moon” problem for Desktop users will be solved with the next upcoming Xobor Forum Software update.
2. Until the next Forum Software update I have temporarily disabled the “Mobile Template” for this Forum.
As a consequence you should now be able to use browsers like “Pale Moon” without any display problems.

If the problem should not been fixed, please let me know it.

Enjoy the Forum (whichever browser you may use)!
Dieter

@Fernando
GREAT, I use now PaleMoon 64-bit v27.2.0 without any difference when using Vivaldi 64-bit v1.7.735.48 or Firefox 64-bit v53.0.1 !!
When a new Private Message is coming I see also a BIG banner "Forum Update:…" that I had never seen before.

Great news, thanks a lot Fernando. If only all webmasters were this friendly and cooperative towards non-mainstream browsers!

The forum is still completely broken in Pale Moon, despite using Firefox compatibility mode.

The author of PM wrote