Latest RST oROM that can be run in an HM87 chipset

Good evening, so I have been reading a bit around the foruns, and I have recently update my RST oROM to the latest V11 thinking that I couldn’t go to more recent versions because it might not work/be compatible, but from what I have read, it can be updated to a certain degree…

My laptop is an MSI GT72 2QE, with an HM87 chipset, and I have been running RAID0 with 2x 275GB MX300 since September, no problems so far, but with the latest V11 my read/write performance dropped a bit, maybe I can get it back by going to the latest oROM that my chipset supports.

Any ideias about this @Fernando ?

Also, just discovered your signed drivers, gonna try them :smiley:

Best regards

What is the latest v11 Intel RAID ROM according to your knowledge? Which exact version do you mean?
Intel RAID users with an Intel 8-Series Chipset system can use all Intel RST driver and Option ROM versions up to v14 platform.

Ups, not v11, RST reports:

oROM Version: 12.9.0.2006(it was the latest v12 that UBU 1.69 had.
Driver: 15.9.0.1015
ISDI: 15.9.0.1015

So I can update it all the way up to v14 that is present on UBU?

Thanks for the fast response.

Yes, but that does not mean, that the Intel RAID driver/OROM combo with the highest possible version number is the best.
According to my own experiences I recommend to try the Intel RST v13.2 combo (for details look >here<).

Thanks, gonna try those and will report back with some before/after results.

I had seen that topic, but was not sure if each chipset could only be updated within the version that they already had, for example only v11 for a v11 original BIOS and so forth.

EDIT:

Sequential reads/writes are slower, but I would say that is due to the lower available space, but the 4k number :o

before and after.png