MC Extractor: Intel, AMD, VIA & Freescale Microcode Extraction Tool Discussion

Hi everyone,

I am searching for the CPU microcode "cpu000206C0_plat13_verFFFF001C_date14-12-2009.bin". I though it would be a good place to ask.

This microcode is very hard to find and the last one i need to be up to date. If someone have it, please post it or post where to find it. Thanks.

Do you even have such a processor? CPUID 206C0 targets only pre-release ES/QS silicon.

No i donā€™t have one. But because i post my Bios to the public, i feel it is my duty to at least try to have the Bios up to date in every aspect in it. Maybe someone will need that microcode in it.

cpu000906E9_plat2A_ver0000005E: date06-04-2017

cpu000906E9_plat2A_ver0000005E_date06-04-2017.zip (95.2 KB)

Some additional microcode files (AMD Family 17h) are at http://server.roeck-us.net/microcode/

Thank you very much groeck, I didnā€™t have cpu00800F11_ver08001122 and cpu00800F12_ver08001203 so Iā€™ve added these now. Iā€™ll update the database at github soon.

Looking for a file:
cpu00000F4A_ver00000047_date2004-07-19.bin (AMD).

I will be grateful for the help in the search.

cpu00000F4A_ver00000047_date19-07-2004.zip (836 Bytes)

This might be quite useful for Linux users: https://github.com/groeck/amd-ucodegen. This tool takes raw microcode files such as those created by MCExtractor and generates AMD microcode containers for use in Linux.

Very cool utility groeck, thank you for using and mentioning MCE at your repo.

Thank you plutomaniac for a great tool. I was bale to compile it under windows and i got some outdated files:

Where can i find those files. I was trying microcode-20161104 but without luck :frowning:

All extracted files in attachment.|addpics|g33-1-bd74.jpg|/addpics|

Intel.zip (74.8 KB)

Hello rygar,

Thank you for your interest in MCE. What processor do you have? Only one of those is used at your system, no need to deal with the rest. Also, did you know that MCE has pre-built images or did you just decide to build it for your own needs?

Iā€™ve i7 920 and Asus P6T SE mobo but iā€™m planning update to XEON W3690 and thatā€™s why iā€™m going to modify my BIOS by adding new microcodes. Iā€™ve no idea about pre-built images and how to use them (iā€™ve had hard time to even compile your soft:))

Thatā€™s the thing, MCE is pre-compiled by me to help others by not having to go through that trouble. Itā€™s here. Since other people seem to miss that fact (even though it is explained at the readme of Github), I am interested in knowing how you (and thus others) look for the pre-compiled executables so that I can guide you better. Did you miss the Releases page, did you visit it but saw ā€œDBā€ at the top and did not scroll down etc?

Now, as far the MC are concerned, i7-920 has CPUID 106A5 or 106A4 and W3690 has 206C2.

mc_rygar.rar (33.3 KB)

Thank you a lot for fast answer and attached files . Iā€™ll write how it was in my case. I checked google for " MC Extractor" and i found: link
On main page thereā€™s no info about pe-compiled version so i decide to do it by myself reading C paragraph. ( i checked releases but noticed just DB as you said and didnā€™t scroll down, now when you tell me about it i found pre-compiled version also)

Alright, thank you for your feedback rygar. Iā€™ll make it easier to understand where the pre-built/ā€œcompiledā€ executable can be found.

Be careful about that microcode 0x206c2 if the motherboard supports vPro/Intel TXT.

Read post #52 and later posts in this thread, it might save you from a bricked motherboard.

If the motherboard DOES have Intel TXT/vPro, either ensure (or also update) the SINIT ACM module (UBU wonā€™t do it, read post #53 and do it by hand, SINIT ACM download is at https://software.intel.com/en-us/articleā€¦ion-technology/ ), or disable Intel TXT on BIOS before updating, and pray that it is enough (never enable it again after that).

If it bricks, reflashing the original BIOS will not debrick it. Your only hope would be to flash a BIOS with the updated ACM, or somehow disable the BIOS use of Intel TXT.

Thank you so much for precious advise!!! It seems you saved my mobo becouse it have Intel VT-d. I own you big beer!!!

EDITED
Hmmmā€¦if my mobo have just VT-d and not vPro/TXT is it safe to update microcode? Iā€™m little confused right nowā€¦

I canā€™t tell you if it is safe, but I can tell you VT-d is just virtualization support, and completely unrelated to vPro/TXT. So, whatever happens, it wonā€™t happen because of VT-d.

Looking for files:
cpu000206A6_plat12_ver90030028_date2010-09-24 (intel);
cpu000306A5_plat12_ver00000009_date2011-11-10 (intel).

I will be grateful for the help in the search.