Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed)

Thank you @Fernando for this mod Intel RST drivers v18.37.4.1007!

What drivers are suitable for X79 SATA controller? I tried several from this topic - they cannot be installed

Provided, that you have imported the Win-RAID CA Certificate, you may be able to get several Intel AHCI or RAID drivers installed, which I am offering within the start post of this thread.
If you want to know, which driver version is recommended to install, you should look into the start post of >this< thread.

How did you try to get the driver(s) installed and which error message did you get?
Is the Intel SATA Controller running in AHCI or RAID mode? Which OS ar you running?

1 Like

@all
The start post has been updated today by me.
Any feedback is much appreciated.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Guide] Integration of Intels AHCI/RAID drivers into a Windows XP/W2k3/W2k CD

Thanks for the excellent contribution.
I have a question.
In the 11.2.0.1006 version, first you say that it is compatible from ICH6 and a little further down you say that it is compatible from ICH7.
I don’t see an ICH6 line inside the inf file so I understand that it is compatible from ICH7
No?

On the other hand I comment that the version 8.9.8.1005 has the links down.

In the post Guide integration of Intel AHCI/RAID drivers @AquaVixen says that AHCI driver does not come for x79 with Windows XP. I have read on Wikipedia that this is possible. But reading Fernando’s explanations I understand that Wikipedia is wrong.

This is in Spanish but you can use a translator.
Wikipedia:

Forum:

@Cixert
Regarding the usability of a certain Intel AHCI driver (here: v11.2.0.1006) for a certain Intel Southbridge/chipset you have to differentiate between the original and a modded driver variant:
The officially released and WHQL certified Intel RST AHCI driver v11.2.0.1006 supports only very limited Intel AHCI Controllers (from ICH7 up to Intel 7-Series) and no “Enterprise Edition” Intel RAID Controllers (e.g. for X79 chipsets), whereas the same driver after being modified by me supports older and newer Intel systems running in AHCI and RAID mode.
By the way - only the mod+signed Intel MSM AHCI/RAID driver v8.9.8.1005 supports systems with an Intel ICH6 Southbridge.

The broken links will be repaired within the next 5 minutes.

2 Likes

Intel RST application names have varied over time. This is to go crazy.
I think I already have a general idea, without being an expert.
I don’t understand why you name versions higher than 11.2 as RSTe.
I think the thing is like this:

Versions 1 and 2 are Intel Application Accelerator for IDE drives.
From v.3 until 2010 it contains AHCI and Matrix RAID modes. The first mode is the Intel driver SATA normal and the latter mode is a fake RAID.
Up to version 4 it is included on Intel Application Accelerator RAID Edition, between versions 5 and 8.9 it is included on Intel Matrix Storage Manager (IMSM), since version 9 it is included on Intel Rapid Storage Technology (IRST) preferring the driver modes to be named RST AHCI and RST AHCI RAID instead of Matrix RAID. The latter is also known as RST RAID mode.

As of 2020, it includes a RAID system capable of RAID levels.
Intel RST came in two variants, RST for desktops, and RSTe for enterprise scenarios, although for many chipsets, the user could choose as both variants will operate correctly.

VROC was a part of Intel RSTe. The SATA RAID portion of the product family was called Intel RSTe and the NVMe RAID portion was called Intel VROC. However, starting in Q1 2019, with the launch of Intel VROC 6.0, the Intel RSTe name was removed, and all RAID solutions in this product family were branded as Intel VROC. The SATA functionality remains, but is now branded as Intel VROC (SATA RAID). Intel RSTe is no longer a referenced product by Intel. The name may still appear in some legacy products, but all new references will solely use the Intel VROC nomenclature.

In the versions that you name RSTe the .inf file says RST, not RSTe. This throws me off.

@Cixert

I never understood why Intel started a separate “Enterprise Edition” Rapid Storage Technology and named it RSTe. The construction and functionality of the v3/4/5 platform Intel RSTe drivers are very similar to all Intel RST drivers from v11.5 up up to v15.9.8.1050. That is why I name the latter ones “RST(e)” drivers.
Notes:

1. All these RSTe and RST drivers do contain an additional SCSI Filter driver named iaStorF.sys, which simulates an SCSI device and is required to let the TRIM command pass the Intel SATA RAID Controller into the SSD.
  2. The SCSI Filter driver named iaStorF.sys is only needed and usable by old Windows Operating Systems up to Win7.
  3. For further information please read the discussion on >this< page.
1 Like

@all
Today I have completely updated, customized and re-formatted the start post of this thread.
Changelog:
new: Generic 64bit Intel RST AHCI driver v16.8.5.1014 dated 12/13/2022 (mod+signed on 04/23/2023)
new: Generic 64bit Intel RST RAID driver v16.8.5.1014 dated 12/13/2022 (mod+signed on 04/23/2023)
new: Generic 64bit Intel RST AHCI driver v17.11.3.1010 dated 11/25/2022 (mod+signed on 04/23/2023)
new: Generic 64bit Intel RST RAID driver v17.11.3.1010 dated 11/25/2022 (mod+signed on 04/23/2023)
new: Generic 64bit Intel RST AHCI driver v18.37.6.1011 dated 10/18/2022 (mod+signed on 04/23/2023)
new: Generic 64bit Intel RST RAID driver v18.37.6.1011 dated 10/18/2022 (mod+signed on 04/23/2023)

If you should find any mistake, something missing or a wrong/dead link, please let me know it via PM. Then I will try to repair it as soon as possible.
Remark: The OneDrive links are not yet completed, but will work tomorrow (04/27/2023).

1 Like

Update:
Today (04/29/2023) I have replaced the v18 platform mod+signed Intel RST drivers by newer ones:

• Generic 64bit Intel RST AHCI driver v18.37.7.1013 dated 02/06/2023 (mod+signed on 04/29/2023)
  • Generic 64bit Intel RST RAID drivers v18.37.7.1013 dated 02/06/2023 (mod+signed on 04/29/2023)>

Hi @Fernando

I did a clean install of Win11. My mobo is Asus H81T (if I’m not wrong, Intel 8-Series/C220).

I followed your steps (first certificate installation - three methods) and try to install v13.1.0.1058 modded drivers (I read that this are better than v14 for my chipset). I can’t get installed via manual search on device manager (error - keep MS drivers because of signing issue).

I installed it using F7 option (disable signed drivers) but obviously they appear without certificate.

Why this? Can you help me?

Thanks!

@snowind
The Device Management of modern Windows Operating Systems don’t accept any modified storage driver from scratch, not even a correctly digitally signed one.
Reason: At this early stage of the installation the Setup cannot verify the trustworthiness of the Company, which gave the driver a digital signature.
That is why I recommend to import the Win-RAID CA certificate and to replace the standard generic MS AHCI driver by a specific Intel AHCI driver once the OS installation has been completed.

Thanks for the info.
So, in my case, better use Windows 11 default driver?

Probably yes, but you can find it out yourself by comparing both drivers. It is very easy.

Sorry @Fernando, but I imported certificate once the OS installation was completed, not in early stage.

So, we are talking about the same issue? I did something wrong? Or I’m not understanding well and it is not possible on Win11 or other modern OSs to install this signed certificates?

@snowind
The import of the Certificate should work with all Windows Operation Systems.
When you tried to import the Certificate, did you get the message, that the import was successful?
Where did you store the Certificate on your computer?

I read three methods to import on another post. I did it pasting Win-RAID_CA Certificate folder on C: , and using CMD file with admin rights. The import was successful, but driver can’t be installed because it is not signed : ( (error message on device manager).

Once installed with F7 option driver can be installed but again not signed.

@snowind
Please post the HardwareIDs of your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller and attach the driver, which you have tried to install.

VEN_8086&DEV_8C02 and Universal 64bit Intel RSTe AHCI+RAID drivers v13.2.8.1002 mod+signed driver from your uploaded links