Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed)

Hi. Channel 0 corresponds to an ATA Disk in Ultra DMA Mode 6, while ATA channel 1 corresponds to an ATAPI Cdrom also Ultra DMA Mode 6. Does your driver work with the Standard MS AHCI? I am also wondering why Vista, and Win 7 show different controllers?

Is there an optical drive connected with your mainboard? If yes, with which IDE/SATA port?

It will work instead of the Standard MS AHCI driver.

The Controller is the same (you can verify it by checking the HardwareIDs of the Controller while running both Operating Systems one after the other), but the OS resp. an Intel Chipset Device INF file has given them diffenent names.

I have only 1 DVD drive connected with my main board. I donā€™t know which port itā€™s connected to. How can I find out? The cdrom is on channel 1. How do I get your driver to work instead of the Standard MS AHCI. What can I choose now instead of the Intel Series 8 one.

Look into your mainboard/notebook manual or run a tool like AIDA64.

You can find suitable Intel AHCI drivers within the start post of >this< thread. For Win7 I recommend to install the newest Intel RST(e) drivers v13.1.0.1058 WHQL or v13.2.4.1000 WHQL.
Note: You cannot use any of the original Intel AHCI drivers for your XP installation, because none of the XP compatible Intel AHCI drivers do support the Intel SATA AHCI Controller of your notebook!

I have checked the manual, and did not see any mention of ports. I have also downloaded AIDA64, and I am looking at the storage section, and I see such things as driver description, driver version, provider, manufacturer, form factor, physical dimensions, etc, but no mention of ports. Would you be kind enough to direct me to the right place? I have also downloaded v10.1.0.1008 WHQL as you suggested, but I see a long list of drivers. Is there a way for me to know which one to choose? AIDA64 tells me that I have an Intel 8 Series SATA AHCI Controler 9C03

Why do you waste your time with this? As long as everything runs fine, I would stop to find out to which Controller your DVD drive is connected.

I donā€™t remember, that I had suggested to download or install the very old Intel RST driver v10.1.0.1008.
As I already told you: There is no nneed to replace the Standard MS AHCI driver by an Intel one, but if you want to do it nevertheless, I recommend to install one of the latest Intel AHCI driver versions (v13 series), which natively do support your Intel 8-Series SATA AHCI Controller.
By the way: What about your efforts to get Windows XP x64 installed?

Things are working on Win 7, and Vista, however, I do not have a full version of either of these operating systems. However, I do have a copy of XP, and thatā€™s what I have been trying to install onto my computer. I have been failing continuously. I installed temporary versions of Vista, and Win 7 to find out what hard drive I have, and to keep my computer temporarily running, but my Vista, and Win 7 will expire in a month, so thatā€™s why I am still struggling to get the right driver for my AHCI. For XP, I tried using the Intel series 8 9C03, but I am getting the blue screen during installation. In Win 7, my standard AHCI 1.0 serial ATA controller is showing up in Port F060-F07F, F080-F083, F090-F097, F0A0-F0A3, F0B0-F0B7

It doesnā€™t make much sense for me to buy an up-to-date PC or Mobile system and to use Windows XP as main Operating System. Windows XP is not supported anymore by Microsoft and many features of your hardware will not be available with this old OS.
The missing correct Intel AHCI driver is not the reason why your XP installation failed. My "Universally modified" Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 definitively works with XP and your Intel 8-Series SATA AHCI Controller, but the XP Setup obviously is not compatible with your native hardware resp. their BIOS settings. The problem for you is, that mobile systems only have limited options to customize the BIOS settings.
Tip:
If I were you I would either buy and install Windows 8.1 or download and install the available free version of the Windows 10 Technical Preview. This way you can be sure, that all your devices will be supported from scratch.
Enjoy your new laptop and donā€™t waste the time trying to get an outdated OS installed!

Itā€™s been a few years since I bought a computer, so I never heard that XP could not be installed on a computer, probably mainly because I have always used older computers. I will try the WIndows 10 technical preview

I think I know why my computer is not accepting the Windows XP install, and I think that it has more to do with ACPI than SATA drivers. In the blue error screen, it is saying
"The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant." I am also getting a message saying that setup could not determine the type of computer I have, and itā€™s giving me a choice of ACPI multiprocessor x64, ACPI Uniprocessor x64, or other. If I choose other, then it asks for a floppy disk. Some people on websites are suggesting to press f7 to disable ACPI, but this didnā€™t do anything for me.

This is what I have already told you. Since my advice to hit F5 at the beginning of the XP installation (when prompted to hit F6) didnā€™t help (none of the listed ACPI options worked for you), I donā€™t see any chance for you to get XP installed onto your Intel 8-Series chipset notebook.

I tried F5 also but that didnā€™t allow me to sort out ACPI. Iā€™ve been hearing from some websites that there is supposed to be a standard computer option, but for some reason my computer didnā€™t list it.

What about the XP source you have used? NLite offers the option to choose special ACPI settings while creating the nLited XP CD. Maybe the ACPI setting done by nLite prevented a successful XP installation.

@ all users with an Intel X99 system:

Since the newest Intel RST(e) drivers of the v13 series (v13.2 x.xxxx and up) do not support Intel X99 Chipset Series systems, I decided to re-modify the 32/64bit RST(e) v13.2.4.1000 drivers by adding the missing HardwareIDs.

Update of the Start Post:
Changelog:

• new: ā€œ32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI & RAID drivers v13.2.4.1000 re-mod by Fernandoā€, now with additional support of all Intel C600/C600+/C220+ Series Chipsets like X79 or X99

Important:
  1. Users, who want to manually install any modified driver from within the Device Manager, have to use the ā€œHave Diskā€ button! Otherwise they will get the message, that the latest/best driver has already been installed.
  2. Win8/Win8.1 users have to disable the driver integrity check before trying to install any driver, which is not digitally signed or modified. The procedure how to do it is layed down at the bottom chapter of the start post.

Good luck with these freshly customized Intel AHCI/RAID drivers!
Fernando

what is the difference between yours driver vs original driver? i can install the both

@ lior2k:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

There is no difference at all regarding the function, stability and performance of the driver, because the driver itself has not been touched by me.
The only thing I have done is to add the HardwareIDs of originally not supported Intel SATA AHCI and RAID Controllers into the related information files (*.inf). Since this customization of the .inf files breaks the digital signature layed down within the associated .cat files, the installation of the "modded" drivers have to be forced.

Regards
Fernando

thanks!

and which one is give the best performance for series 7/C216
12? 13.1? 13.2?

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded fully quoted text deleted (to save space)

It depends on the SATA mode.
If you are running the Intel SATA Controller in AHCI mode, I would install the RST(e) driver v13.1.0.1058, but for a RAID array the old Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 would be the best choice.

Since the newest Intel RST(e) drivers v13.5.0.1056 WHQL natively only support Intel 8- or 9-Series Chipset, if the users are running their system drive in AHCI mode, I decided to customize them to make them usable with as many Intel chipsetrs as possible.

Update of the Start Post:
Changelog:

• new: ā€œ32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI & RAID drivers v13.5.0.1056 mod by Fernandoā€ (with support of all Intel AHCI/RAID systems from ICH7R/M up)
  • new: ā€œUniversal 32/64bit Intel RST Software v13.5.0.1056ā€ (extracted untouched original RST Software)
  • re-customized: ā€œ32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI & RAID drivers v13.2.4.1000 mod by Fernandoā€ (with support of all Intel AHCI/RAID systems from ICH7R/M up)

Important:
  1. Users, who want to manually install any modified driver from within the Device Manager, have to use the ā€œHave Diskā€ button! Otherwise they will get the message, that the latest/best driver has already been installed.
  2. Win8/Win8.1 users have to disable the driver integrity check before trying to install any driver, which is not digitally signed or modified. The procedure how to do it is layed down at the bottom chapter of the start post.

Good luck with these freshly customized Intel AHCI/RAID drivers!
Fernando

Hi Fernando,
I have an old Asus P5kC with Intel ICH9 chipset. To enable AHCI mode I had to use a custom BIOS (p5kc-1203_slic-ahci_v2.rom).
I have a Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120 GB with Windows 8.1 64 bit installed and two other standard Hard Disks.

When I installed Windows, the system correctly recognized my controller as Intel ICH9 Family SATA AHCI Controller - 2923 e installed the Microsft AHCI generic Driver (v. 6.3.9600.16384 21/06/2006).

Controller Driver.png

The system work fine but my AHCI/SATA drives are showed in "Safely Remove Hardware".

Hot swap.png

I have read in different forums that installing Intel AHCI/RAID drivers could resolve the problem.
Obviously I need to use modded Intel AHCI/RAID drivers.

I think to use "Universal 64bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod by Fernando (corrected at 08/26/2014)".
Do you think it is the right choice and that it can resolve my problem.

Thank in adavance.