Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed)

In the pack of 14.x.x (x64) is no cert. included.

I have import the cert oft the pack 12.x.x., but same behavior.

Anyway - I have installed drivers by disableing signature-check and noticed once again, that 11.x.x. is the ulimate best driver for ICH9M.

Which of these drivers will give me the best (fastest) performance with my Gigabyte X48-DS4 (South Bridge: IntelĀ® ICH9R) motherboard under windows 8.1 x64?
I have 3 different hard drives running.
Any advice would be appreciated. thanks!

@ mulderfox:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

If you want to get an exact answer, you should install different Intel RST/RST(e) driver versions one after the other onto your special system and compare the benchmark results.
By the way: The stability of a system is maybe even more important than the performance.
For users like you I have started >this< thread, where I have given a lot of recommendations.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hey,
I have been looking for f6 floppy disk drivers for i7-4710HQ chipset, i think it is F6 driver for C220 SATA/AHCI controller Windows XP. I am trying to instal win xp because i got a few games that oneā€™s installed make win 7 unbootable, which is pretty sad if win 7 got that major problems.
i have downloaded all of ur f6 set ups and tryed every one of them trying to instal windows xp, but when it said to press ā€œsā€ to read the floppy disk, it just freezes up, i donā€™t know what i am doing wrong. It does say it will work with win xp 32 bit.

Thank You for ur time, i been looking for this everywhere now, itā€™s a laptop not a desktop.

i have a original 32 bit win xp SP2, sorry i donā€™t like SP3, i can use win 7 in dual boot for that. When i press ā€œSā€ Specify Additional Device, the screen changes and it freezes with the following
Windows Setup
You have chosen to configure a SCSI Adapter for use with windows, using a device support disk provided by an adapter manufacturer.

Select the SCSI Adapter you want from the following list, or press ESC to return to the previous screen

ENTER=Select F3=Exit

no option is given for me to select anything, if you could help me i would be so happy. thank you.

@ darkviper5:

If you want to gewt Windows XP installed onto an Intel chipset system running in AHCI mode, I recommend to integrate the required Intel AHCI driver by using >this< guide. The best suitable Intel AHCI driver is the modded v11.2.0.1006 one.
Before you start with the creation of the XP CD with integrated textmode driver, you should check the DeviceID of your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller from within Win7.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

so there is no floppy disk i can use to just add the driver during the win xp driver loader? i am not sure if i want to create win xp disk, i am so used to just load the driver instead using a floppy disk, i got i7 3630qm laptop that i have a floppy disk, it works perfect(it sees the hard drive, but not sure about mSata drive, will trry later", just this new one is giving me trouble.

i know there could be a way to add a code to the driver on the floppy disk so it then loads the right istore driver so see the drives.

how do i see the device ID from win 7? i have not used win 7 alot, just learning it now, so far it seems buggy and annoying.

okay i got i7 4710MQ processor with
Intel 8 series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller ā€¦ lists the following

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C03&SUBSYS_23001558&REV_05
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C03&SUBSYS_23001558
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C03&CC_010601
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C03&CC_0106

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C03&REV_05
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C03
PCI\VEN_8086&CC_010601
PCI\VEN_8086&CC_0106
PCI\VEN_8086
PCI\CC_010601
PCI\CC_0106

thats what was listed under that device name.

You may try it with the floppy drive by hitting F6, but I doubt, that you will succeed this way.

So take the modded Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 and choose the listed "Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset Family Mobile SATA AHCI Controller DEV_8C03 (added by Fernando)".

Good luck!

Thank you for ur answer. i think i found the problem with ur file, i took my other floppy disk and opened the ā€œTXTSETUP.OEMā€ file and started comparing ur info to the info of a working floppy, i noticed something ā€¦ the file looks much cleaner not so much information i took this ā€¦
iaAHCI_8_1 = "Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset Family Mobile SATA AHCI Controller DEV_8C03 (added by Fernando)"
and changed it to this
iaAHCI_8_1 = "Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset Family Mobile SATA AHCI Controller"

now it donā€™t freeze up and show the list and this item i added, so windows canā€™t read ur extra added info, just something u should consider, now i will edit the other files by removing the extra info and see if i can get the driver to work for me.

added
[Files.scsi.iaAHCI_ICH8_1]
driver = disk1, iaStor.sys, iaStor
inf = disk1, iaAHCI.inf
catalog = disk1, iaAHCI.cat
to iaAHCI.inf

Yep i got it to work, i did not know it was so simple as removing
DEV_8C03 (added by Fernando)
references from the TXTSETUP.OEM and iaAHCI, now it setup sees my hard drive and two mSATA SSD drives, thanks man for pointing me in the right direction, now u can make a floppy that will work with original xp disk sp2 set ups ā€¦ i need to save this, it took me a while to remove the extra info from the files.

now how do i dual boot win xp and win 7 hmmm ā€¦

@ darkviper5:
Thanks for your interesting report. It is fine, that you succeeded at least with the XP installation.
Please consider, that my "universally modded Intel RST textmode drivers v11.2.0.1006" have been designed for being integrated into a Windows XP CD and not for being loaded as F6 driver.
Question:
How did you start the XP installation (by booting off the XP CD/USB drive or by executing the SETUP.EXE from within a running Windows OS)?

Boot off the Win7 DVD/USB drive and use the "Repair" option. Alternatively you can use the tool named EasyBCD.

Thanks for your interesting report. It is fine, that you succeeded at least with the XP installation.
ā€” that was my goal

Please consider, that my ā€œuniversally modded Intel RST textmode drivers v11.2.0.1006ā€ have been designed for being integrated into a Windows XP CD and not for being loaded as F6 driver.
ā€” that may be but i could not find anything better then what u recommended and how pointed me in the right direction to achieve my goal, plus i have tried integrating before it ended up in not bootable cd, so i just stuck with something i been using since win xp came out in 2003 for driver install, done it hundredths of times and it only failed if the actual driver was not compatible, sounds like the best plan for me with minimal failure rate.

How did you start the XP installation (by booting off the XP CD/USB drive or by executing the SETUP.EXE from within a running Windows OS)?
ā€” i had original xp instal disk, set my bios to boot from cd, pressed a key to boot from cd, then kept on tapping ā€œF6ā€ to load another driver, then waited till i could press ā€œSā€ to use the driver on the floppy, done that till i realized i had to remove the extra info, then it worked, then i edited the other file and it loaded iStore file as a driver, then it let me tru to my storage media. I donā€™t know how to use a bottable USB drive, i am still old fashioned.
Oh win 7 blocks win xp instal, some kind of instal block assistant poped up when i tryed it that way so i realized booting is the only way i can achieve my goal

Boot off the Win7 DVD/USB drive and use the ā€œRepairā€ option. Alternatively you can use the tool named EasyBCD.
ā€” Yes i read about that also, i might use that thanks if i could figure out how to use that.

just a question, anyway to bypass win xp activation, itā€™s no longer supported just thought i could ask? ā€¦ i know people have tried many ways in the past.

now after i figure out how to dual boot, i will have to figure out where to get the drivers for the ā€œto win xp as shiny new hardwareā€ it donā€™t know what to do with, so far i got the sound to work, the rest is harder then i had hoped. Installing the iGPU and dGPU driver in win xp will always result as a system crash, i known that.

did you get that file i attached?

@ darkviper5:
Thanks for your additional report and for having answered my question.

You need a legal CD Key and have to activate Windows XP according to the MS rules.

No. If you want to attach a file, you have to archive it as .zip or .rar file.

Although the newest Intel RST(e) drivers v14.0.0.1143 have been designed by Intel just for the newest Intel Chipset systems from 8-Series up, I decided to customize them to make them usable with as many Intel chipsets as possible.

Update of the Start Post:
Changelog:

• new: ā€œ32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI & RAID drivers v14.0.0.1143 mod by Fernandoā€ (according to the added HardwareIDs they may support all Intel AHCI/RAID systems from ICH7R/M up)
  • removed: ā€œ32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI & RAID drivers v14.0.0.1095 mod & signed by Fernandoā€ (not needed anymore, because the newer drivers are probably better)
  • new: ā€œUniversal 32/64bit Intel RST Software v14.0.0.1143ā€ (extracted untouched original RST Software)
  • removed: ā€œUniversal 32/64bit Intel RST Software v14.0.0.1095ā€ (not needed anymore)

Important:
  1. Users, who want to manually install any modified driver from within the Device Manager, have to use the ā€œHave Diskā€ button! Otherwise they will get the message, that the latest/best driver has already been installed.
  2. Win8/Win8.1 users have to disable the driver integrity check before trying to install any driver, which is not digitally signed or modified. The procedure how to do it is layed down >here<.

Good luck with these freshly customized Intel AHCI/RAID drivers!
Fernando

Fernando.

I found your excellent forum today after someone quoted it in Superuser forum.
I think that you have the answers for my saga trying to use AHCI drivers for Windows XP to run on a SSD disk.

As I told there, Iā€™m looking for AHCI drivers suitable to my motherboard. This:

-> Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. - Model H87M-D3H
-> Processador Intel(R) Coreā„¢ i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz

Also, Iā€™m using it after setup BIOS to use compatibility IDE mode.
What about that deleted clusters that system cannot actually delete? Compatibility mode can reduce SSD lifetime? And trim capabilities? What specific implications I could have?

Using Seven from another partition and BIOS setup to AHCI, at Device Manager I can read "Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Series SATA AHCI Controller - 8C02"

When I reach at your first post, I could not know what the right driver to use.

And, inside them there are more branches and flavors to pick up.

Iā€™m really confused. May you, please, point the correct AHCI driver for my computer? Windows XP SP3 - 32 bits.
-> Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. - Model H87M-D3H
-> Processador Intel(R) Coreā„¢ i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz

@ Gab_Arito:

There is no untouched Intel AHCI driver available, which supports the outdated OS Windows XP and the modern Intel Chipsets like the 8- and 9-Series at the same time.
That is why I have customized the .INF and .OEM files of the latest fully XP compatible Intel AHCI driver (it is the RST driver v11.2.0.1006) to make it usable for all up-to-date Intel Chipsets.

I recommend to integrate the "Universal 32bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 mod by Fernando" into a Windows XP CD according to >this< guide.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thank you, Fernando, for your prompt response.

Because I already have a system image of XP (using Ghost), is it possible to load your recommended drivers following this guide?
This could save me too much time and, if something went wrong, I could know there were some mistake among drivers that were used.

You can try it, but it may end with an unbootable system.
The safest method is to do a fresh install of Windows XP in AHCI mode by using a Windows XP CD with integrated appropriate textmode driver.

You are right. Iā€™ve done it before, trying another driver and I ended with an unbootable system. I had to restore previous system image.

Now, Iā€™m reading carefully your excellent guide to prepare WinXP CD.
Tomorrow, Iā€™ll face the work again and Iā€™ll post results.

Before I found your forum, I was sad, guessing there were no solution for my thread.
Now, I bet this problem can be solved.

Most important things:

1. Use a clean (=untouched) XP CD with integrated SP2 or SP3 as source.
  2. Let nLite only do
    a) the intgration of the SP3 (if not already included),
    b) the integration of the "Universal 32bit Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 mod & signed by Fernando" as TEXTMODE driver by choosing the listed "Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family Desktop SATA AHCI Controller DEV_8C02 (added by Fernando)" and
    c) the creation of the ISO file.
  3. Enter the BIOS and set the Intel SATA Controller to "AHCI", before you are booting off the XP CD with integrated AHCI driver.
  4. When you are prompted to hit F6, hit F5 or F7 instead and choose the matching ACPI setting. Donā€™t hit F6!

Good luck!

Iā€™m back, bringing some news to celebrate.
Yes, I could install your AHCI drivers and could install XP on a recent hardware.
Great! Excellent! Blessed day I found your site.

But, as my old father always saying, ā€œDonā€™t think that heaven is nearā€. In other words, he was trying to say that we have to work hard to get some desires.

Iā€™ll try to explain my benchwork. I have a SSD with 4 partitions.
1 - Windows 7 64 bits (primary)
2 - Old MS-DOS partition, just to run Ghost 11.5 and save and restore system images (primary)
3 - Windows XP 32 bits (AHCI by Fernando) (primary)
4 - Files and ordinary data (logical)

I use GAG tool as boot manager.

After install XP, no problem at this, I know the MBR is reset and I have to install GAG again.

But it went wrong and, even if I put Win7 to boot, it boots via XP and brings BSOD, as if AHCI was not installed. That BSOD is very quick and then system reset.

I already have this before. I uninstalled GAG and only XP boot and BSOD remained.
I used Hirens to use Plop Boot Manager. It can see Win7 partition, but it also boots via XP and gives BSODā€¦

I restored XP (by Fernando) images and it fixed BSOD, but how to boot again via Win7?

The only way I could solve this was restoring Win7 image.
I donā€™t want to do this now, because there are some new data without backup.

So, do you have any suggestion for this case?
How to fix the messed MBR?

The best tool for such cases is EasyBCD. You can get it >here<.
Take the free version. It will repair the MBR.