Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed)

Will be running Win XP SP2 in achi mode only choices in the bios are ide and achi but rather use the achi. I downloaded a few different version of the files on this site but some down loads come up empty and the one that does xp installation don’t find anything on the floppy disk

If you want to get Windows XP running in AHCI mode, I recommend to create a Windows XP CD with integrated “Universal 32bit Intel textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 mod by Fernando”.
>Here< is the guide about how to do it.

That did it. Thanks ^^

The Intel SATA AHCI Controller with the DeviceID DEV_3A22 is supported by the original and by the modded Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006.

@ all:
Today I have something prepared, which may be interesting for users, who always want to use the latest Intel AHCI or RAID drivers, even when their system is natively not supported by them.

Update of the Start Post:
Changelog:

• new: “32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI & RAID drivers v14.6.0.1029 mod & signed by Fernando”, originally dated 07/27/2015, modded and digitally signed by me at 08/25/2015
  • new: “Universal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) Software v14.6.0.1029” dated 07/30/2015
  • removed: "32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI & RAID drivers v14.0.0.1143 mod by Fernando"
  • removed: "Universal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) Software v14.0.0.1143"
  • removed: "32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI & RAID drivers v14.5.0.1081 mod by Fernando"
  • removed: "Universal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) Software v14.5.0.1081"

Please give me your feedback regarding your experience with the new modded and signed Intel RST(e) drivers.
Note:
Due to their digital signature these drivers can be installed onto Win8.1 or Win10 without the necessity to disable the “Driver Signature Enforcement”. Within the start post you will find a short guide about how to get these drivers properly installed.

Good luck with the latest and freshly customized and digitally signed Intel AHCI/RAID drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Is it possible to remove the “DEV_XXXX (added by Fernando)” after the controller name?

I think it’s unnecessary since we already have your credits on the signature and that makes it kind of no go, at least in my opinion.

Yes, you can remove these additional informations by opening and editing the related INF files, but if you do it with a signed driver, it will loose its digital signature.

I do not agree with you.
For me it makes sense to add
a) the DeviceID to the Controller name (because only the DeviceID identifies the correct Controller model, the device names are often meaningless or even misleading) and
b) the name of the person, who had modded the driver (this has nothing to do with credits, but makes clear, that the related device is not supported by the original driver, which has been delivered by the manufacturer of the device).

I was just talking about it appearing on the device manager, this is the only modded driver by you that adds that to the name. If we want to check the vendor/device we can easily go to details tab and check it there.

IMO your signature is more than enough just like all of others drivers you modded has, having that on the device manager just make it uglier. But those are your modded drivers and you do whatever you want, i’m just giving out my opinion.

Since several years all my modded Intel MSM, RST and RST(e) drivers are customized the same way and until now I haven’t gotten any negative feedback regarding this point.

Unfortunately the majority of the users don’t know that.

If you don’t want to see my nick name within your Device Manager, feel free to modify the INF files yourself.

Hi Fernando, according msahci.sys source code included with the WDK 7.1 could be a solution to avoid the limitation placed by many manufacturers who used the ICH8M chipset on their laptops. This limitation is to write the record CAP.ISS With 1h (Limit speed negotiation to Generation 1 communication rate, or SATA 1) using the BIOS. I saw that msahci.sys read, modifies and rewrites that record. If we change CAP.ISS (sctl.SPD in the source code) to 0h before writing I think it will be solved. Could you help us?

Excuse my English.

@ Trinity:

Your idea is brilliant, but I am not able to help you. Since I have never modified a real driver (= *.sys) file, I don’t have any experience in such operation.

MSI Z77A-G43 here - for now all is good - thanks!

Hello, I faced some problem with the mini PC made by small Chinese company and based on Celeron J1900 processor. The device goes without any drivers. I was able to find and install almost all of them, but failed to realize which one I need for ATA controller (that is recognized in Windows Device Manager as PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F21&CC_0101). I have installed 120 Gb Intel 530 Series SSD but the system did not recognized it in AHCI mode, so I had to switch to IDE one to install Windows. My question is: is there any way to force my SSD to work in AHCI mode now, after Windows (8.1 SL) is installed? And how can I find the proper driver to be able to make SSD work in AHCI mode? I’ll appreciate any help…

@ rockit:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

These are the HardwareIDs of the Intel BayTrail SATA IDE Controller. This indicates, that your system has an Intel BayTrail Chipset and is currently running in IDE mode.

Have you tried to get Win8.1 or Win10 installed in AHCI mode? According to my knowledge this should work.

I generally to not recommend toswitch the SATA mode from within a running Windows OS. It is better to do a clean install of the OS in AHCI mode.

Intel has never released an AHCI driver, which supports Intel BayTrail SATA Controllers running in AHCI mode. So the only possibility I see is to let Win8.1 or Win10 use the generic MS AHCI driver named STORAHCI.SYS.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thank you for the quick reply, Dieter

[quote="Fernando, post:434, topic:19691"] Have you tried to get Win8.1 or Win10 installed in AHCI mode? According to my knowledge this should work. [/quote]
Yes, I tried (Win 8.1). But at very beginning of installation Windows "said" that it can't run without specific driver. I guessed that it probably about AHCI, aborted installation and went to Intel's site from another PC. The only pack of drivers that I found there was f6flpy-x64.zip. I unpacked it and put the stuff onto USB-stick with Windows distributive. When installation asked me once again for that driver I pointed it to the folder with those unpacked drivers but with no luck. Just got a message that it didn't find any appropriate driver in the folder... Then I aborted installation process second time, re-loaded, enter BIOS and switched to IDE mode. After that, installation went smooth

[quote="Fernando, post:434, topic:19691"] I generally to not recommend toswitch the SATA mode from within a running Windows OS. It is better to do a clean install of the OS in AHCI mode. [/quote]
Please advise: if I will do upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win10 from USB-stick and put the below mentioned file (STORACHI.SYS), will it be OK or I should better format SSD (using Intel SSD Toolbox software?) and try to make clean install of Win 8.1 again with that file added to installation USB-stick?

[quote="Fernando, post:434, topic:19691"] Intel has never released an AHCI driver, which supports Intel BayTrail SATA Controllers running in AHCI mode. So the only possibility I see is to let Win8.1 or Win10 use the generic MS AHCI driver named STORAHCI.SYS [/quote]
Just scanned my system and didn't find such file... Should I take it from somewhere at Microsoft site or somewhere else?
Thank you for your time spent on the persons like me :)

UPD: BTW, are there any Intel ATA controller drivers to work with Bail Trail processors, instead of Microsoft generic ones that are now installed on that my mini-PC?

Yes, I tried (Win 8.1). But at very beginning of installation Windows “said” that it can’t run without specific driver. I guessed that it probably about AHCI

I am not sure about that. Maybe the Setup was missing a driver to read the USB Flash drive, which contained the OS image?

If the generic MS AHCI driver named STORAHCI.SYS should support your BayTrail SATA Controller running in “compatible mode”, there is no need to add this driver to the OS image, because it already present there.

Look into the Windows\System32\Drivers folder. There you will find it.

I think if it would be so installation of Windows won’t start at all

Thank you I found it

Excuse me, Dieter, just one more question: is it possible to find out what the exact model of Intel ATA controller I have installed on the MB by its Dev_ID I mentioned above (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F21&CC_0101)?

If you want to find out the exact revision or subtype of the on-board Intel BayTrail SATA IDE Controller, you should run the Device Manager, expand the section “IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers”, right click onto the listed IDE Controller and choose the options “Properties” > “Details” > “Property” > “HardwareIDs”.

Done it. The very first line among 4 listed IDs is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F21&SUBSYS_0F218086&REV_0E How can I find out the model of controller?