Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed)

That are the model details of the related Controller. What did you expect?

By the way: If you are interested to some tests with a freshly modded Intel AHCI driver, which may support your Intel BayTrail AHCI Controller, please let me know it.

I would try it willingly, I have nothing to lose :slight_smile:
As to what I expected… Just would like to know what the controller is installed on motherboard. Because there is no hope to get such info from the manufacturer

I would try it willingly, I have nothing to lose :slight_smile:

Ok, which OS are you running now?

Windows 8.1 Single Language

32bit or 64bit?

32bit or 64bit?

Excuse me: 64-bit

Ok, attached is the 64bit Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006, which I have remodded today. According to the customized INF files entries it may support the Intel BayTrail SATA AHCI Controller DEV_0F23.
Provided, that your OS is currently running in IDE mode, this would be the procedure:
1. Backup your important data.
2. Let the OS create a restore point (to be able to recover your current system).
3. Disable the “Driver Signature Enforcement” of the OS (a guide is >here<).
4. Reboot.
5. Force the installation of the modded driver instead of the currently running MS IDE driver by using the “Have Disk” button. Ignore all warnings, choose the file named iaAHCI.inf and the Controller named “Intel(R) SATA AHCI Controller DEV_0F23 added by Fernando”.
6. Very important: While rebooting you have to enter the BIOS and to change the Intel SATA Controller settings to “AHCI” (maybe it is named “Compatible” for your system).
7. Save the new BIOS setting and reboot.
8. If you are lucky, you can run the OS in AHCI mode now.

Good luck!

Universal 64bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 re-mod by Fernando.rar (282 KB)

Just as an explenation this translates to the following:
PCI = Bus where the device resides
VEN_8086 > Vendor ID: 8086 = Intel
DEV_0F21 > Device ID: 0F21 = eg.: Intel IDE Controller
SUBSYS_0F218086 > Subsystem ID / Subsystem Vendor ID: 0F21 / 8086 = Just look above: Intel IDE Controller / Intel
REV_0E > Revision: 0E = Well… your Revision and as Intel always counts Revisions in Hex you won’t translate this to 12 :wink:

Ok, attached is the 64bit Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006, which I have remodded today. According to the customized INF files entries it may support the Intel BayTrail SATA AHCI Controller DEV_0F23.
Good luck!

Thank you, Dieter. I’ll try it tonight and will let you know about the result

Good evening, Dieter
I’ve tried but with no luck :frowning: , system hadn’t load so I had to switch IDE configuration in BIOS back to IDE and recovered it. Everything was made according to your instructions
UPD: I also found the Intel drivers package with the Intel AHCI driver for DEV_0F23 but trying it led to the same result. I don’t khow if it’s interesting for you but decided to upload it to here, just for any case.
I tend to think that my problem is about manufacturer’s professionalism, not about drivers…

Intel-9.4.4.1005.rar (301 KB)

@ rockit:
Thanks for your report.
It is a pity, that you didn’t succeed with the installation, but I already had expected the negative result of your test.
The problem is, that your BayTrail system doesn’t have a fully functioning Intel AHCI Controller on board. That is why Intel has never developed and released an AHCI driver for this device DEV_0F23.

What means “hadn’t load”? What happened exactly? Did you get any message? If yes, which one?

That is no surprise for me, because the package doesn’t contain any driver, but just information files.
The only important file regarding the AHCI support is named VLV2AHCI.inf. This file contains the information, that the generic MS AHCI driver named MSAHCI.SYS resp. STORAHCI.SYS shall be used for the device DEV_0F23. Your problem is, that the INF file named VLV2AHCI.inf doesn’t support Win8/8.1.

[quote="Fernando, post:451, topic:19691"] What means "hadn't load"? What happened exactly? Did you get any message? If yes, which one? [/quote]
Yes, I got the message starting with ":(" and saying something like "we found some problem with your computer" It was pretty long one in Russian and I just am unable to retranslate it correctly in English right now. After that message, PC tried to re-load. That moment I entered BIOS and switched back to IDE mode. Once again, Windows couldn't load but gave the choices of what to do... I selected restoration with restore point and everything next went smooth.

What? You should have run the Intel SATA Controller in IDE mode before you tried to install the modded Intel AHCI driver and my advice was to set the BIOS to “AHCI” or “Compatible” mode after the driver installatuion during the reboot. Haven’t you done it like this?

What? You should have run the Intel SATA Controller in IDE mode before you tried to install the modded Intel AHCI driver and my advice was to set the BIOS to "AHCI" or "Compatible" mode after the driver installatuion during the reboot. Haven’t you done it like this?

You misunderstood me. I did install the driver you supplied (with SATA controller in IDE mode), then I rebooted, entered BIOS and switched IDE configuration to AHCI mode, saved changes and only then I got that message

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Good evening, Dieter
All of a sudden :slight_smile: I was able to identify Intel’s controller installed on the motherboard (0f21). It must be Atom processor E3800 Series SATA IDE Controller. Please can you suggest where I can get proper drivers for it? Having installed generic Microsoft ones dated 2006 year is somewhat annoying… I already tried to find by myself but with no luck :frowning:

As I already told you, there is no other driver available for your BayTrail SATA Controller.

@ all:
Today I have completely revised the start post of this thread.
Now all drivers, which are offered there, have been freshly digitally signed by me according to mrces2.
Furthermore I have re-modded some previously offered drivers by adding some missing HardwareIDs.

Update of the Start Post:
Changelog:

• re-modded and freshly digitally signed: “Universal 32/64bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID drivers v11.2.0.1006 mod & signed by Fernando”
  • new: “Universal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v11.7.4.1001 mod+signed by Fernando”, will be uploaded tomorrow
  • re-modded and freshly digitally signed: “Universal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v12.9.4.1000 mod+signed by Fernando”
  • digitally signed and re-modded: “Universal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v13.6.3.1001 mod+signed by Fernando”
  • re-modded and freshly digitally signed: “Universal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v14.6.0.1029 mod+signed by Fernando”
  • digitally signed and re-modded: “Universal 32/64bit Intel MSM AHCI+RAID drivers v8.9.8.1005 mod+signed by Fernando”
  • removed: 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI & RAID drivers v13.1.0.1058 mod by Fernando
  • removed: Universal 32/64bit Intel RST Software v13.1.0.1058
  • removed: 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI & RAID drivers v13.2.4.1000 mod by Fernando
  • removed: Universal 32/64bit Intel RST Software v13.2.4.1000
  • removed: 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI & RAID drivers v13.5.2.1000 mod by Fernando
  • removed: Universal 32/64bit Intel RST Software v13.5.2.1000

Good luck with these freshly customized and digitally signed Intel AHCI/RAID drivers!

Dieter (alias Fernando)

I see that now the drivers are digitally signed, but… Windows doesn’t agree with that.

My current O.S. is Windows 8.1 Pro x64

@ RiccardoLoi:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

The OS will accept the digital signature after having gotten the information from you, that the company “Win-RAID CA” is trustworthy.
Please read the chapter “How to benefit from the digital signature of these driver”, which is on top of the start post.
You only have to do the procedure once.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Fernando,

you’re absolutely MAN,
thank you very much.
I looked for such drivers everywhere.
You’re the best!