Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed)

@rfsapiens :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

The mod+signed Intel RST drivers v11.2.0.1006, which I am offering within the start post of this thread, definitively do contain the required HardwareIDs and will work with your Intel Z170 chipset and Windows XP. I recommend to integrate the driver according my guide, which you can find >here<.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi.
Would I possibly gain anything if I install some of the more recent modded drivers on a, for example, 7-series chipset based PC? Or would something bug out? I mean, does relevant driver code exist for those controllers in the newer drivers?

It depends on the Intel chipset series of your system and on the development line of the used RST driver.
With an Intel 7-Series chipset system you will be able to use any mod+signed Intel RST(e) driver of the v13 line (e.g. the v13.2.4.1000) without any problem and maybe even with a performance boost, but the usage of any Intel RST(e) driver, which belongs to the v14 or v15 development line, may give your system a performance drop and/or stability problems.

Yes, only the newest Intel chipset systems will fully benefit from the features of the latest Intel AHCI/RAID drivers.

For 7-series chipset use official 13.1.0.1058 WHQL - old driver is better in my case: Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed) (43)

hi Fernando, is it safe to use the v15.0.2.1044 modded for H97 chipset? i read that only 100 series is supported.

The installation is ā€œsafeā€ (nothing will be bricked), but not recommended. You will be disappointed about the performance and maybe by the missing stability.

thanks. i read in your guide that v13.2.4.1000 is best for 9 series so i might stick with that. i did not yet notice much difference in benchmarking my SSD with v14.8.0.1412 that came with Asus. was wondering earlier if v15 might improve performance slightly.

for the 4kQ32 score does seem slighly low (850 evo 250GB, should be 300+)? not sure what more i can do, itā€™s already on intel SATA6 port of my Asus H97.

The installation is "safe" (nothing will be bricked), but not recommended. You will be disappointed about the performance and maybe by the missing stability.

@Fernando FYI, thereā€™s no degradation performance issue & so far working flawlessly with your modded v15.0.2.1044 on my ASRock H97 Pro4.

Hi,
First of all thanks for doing the effort :slight_smile:
I have a problem in installing the Intel RST Software. Tried v12.9.4.1000 and v13.2.4.1000 resulting the same, they dissapear after asking for administration permission. Though I noticed thereā€™s msiexec.exe running on task manager, but thatā€™s all. It wonā€™t show up. Iā€™ve installed the driver beforehand and the signature stuff.

EDIT : Using windows 10. Intel 6 series

EDIT 2 : nvm. I rolled back to v12 and use troubleshoot compability, and itā€™s all good :smiley:

@varthshenon :

Ok, you obviously have solved the problem yourself.
Question: Why did you install the modded Intel RST driver v12.9.4.1000? The original WHQL certified driver fully supports Intel 6-Series chipsets.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Yeah I didnā€™t realized that because I was using v14 from Intel website and it installed without problem so I thought v14 was the native version haha but itā€™s all good tho

Update of the Start Post:
Changelog:

• new:
    • ā€œUniversal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v14.8.12.1059 mod+signed by Fernandoā€
    • "Universal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) Software v14.8.12.1059"
    • ā€œUniversal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v15.0.2.1044 mod+signed by Fernandoā€
    • "Universal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) Software v15.0.2.1044"

Good luck with these freshly modded and digitally signed Intel AHCI/RAID drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi

My issue is
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3P
ICH9R running RAID 5 on 6 320GB HDD
Windows10 x64

It installs fine to the RAID set up in the BIOS. It initialises on the WIN10 setup CD. I just let it sit on the "do you want to install" screen until the RAID is healthy.

In a test, when it degrades Pos 0 it rebuilds in the windows setup CD. However after a second reboot it went to "offline members" so I pulled drive 0 and rebuilt it. I think I need the RST software to stop this.

The latest Intel RST software does not recognise the RAID and the opsys does not boot after install. Then I found your work after realising ICH9R drivers are not supported in Windows 10 x64 despite a very unclear Intel website.

I think your post says use for the older chipsets
Modded+signed Intel RST drivers v11.2.0.1006 (dated 05/30/2012, re-modded and signed at 10/26/2015)

Thanks

@BootIT :

Since you are running your Intel ICH9R SATA Controller in RAID mode, you can (and should) use the WHQL certified variant of the Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006.
The easiest way to do it is to run the installer of the Intel RST Drivers & Software Set v11.2.0.1006 WHQL.
Note: If you have already installed any Intel RST Software, you have to uninstall it from within the Control Panel before you install any other Intel RST Software!
If you should run into any problems, they are probably caused by the presence of the Win10 in-box Intel RAID driver. A clean install of Win10 v1607 by using an ISO file, where the in-box Intel RAID driver v13.2.0.1022 had been removed and replaced by the Intel RST RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL according >this< guide, will definitively solve this problem.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I installed mod Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 and it rebooted fine. I added the Win10x64 .NET 3.5 which downloaded software from the net through the Win10 control panel.

The control centre runs but the RST GUI reports trying to connect to the service. In services I can not see an IAStore service.

I installed Modded+signed Intel MSM Drivers v8.9.8.1005 (dated 04/05/2010, freshly digitally signed at 10/26/2015, latest Intel MSM drivers)

It works fine.

Is there sense to go to a later driver?

Thanks

Install the Intel RST Drivers & Software Set v11.2.0.1006 WHQL and I bet, tht the problem will be solved.

All newer Intel RAID drivers will be a bad choice for your Intel ICH9R Southbridge (and a way of no return).

Hi in my last post Intel RST Drivers & Software Set v11.2.0.1006 WHQL GUI did not work so I cant solve the problem like you said. In this case I will use v8 Matrix.

Thanks

The Intel RST Console Software only works, if the related Intel RST Drivers & Software Set has been properly installed and the .NET Framework 3.5 was already running on the system before starting the installation of the Intel RST Drivers & Software Set.
So it must be possible to get the Intel RST Console v11.2.0.1006 visible and working, if you uninstall the currently installed (but not running) Intel RST Software, reboot and then repeat the installation of the Intel RST Drivers & Software Set v11.2.0.1006 WHQL.

Driver v15.0.2.1044 works but if i try to install the RST Software i got this error - any ideas why this happen? THX|addpics|awg-1-aeeb.jpg|/addpics|

@APEXi :

No. Please give us some additional informations:
1. Chipset of your system
2. SATA mode (AHCI/RAID) of the on-board Intel SATA Controller
3. Installation method of the Intel RST(e) drivers (only drivers or driver+ software)
4. OS

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)