Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed)

DELL E6510 Notebook with Mobile Intel QM57 Express Chipset
SATA Mode: AHCI
first i installed the Driver with driver signature enforcement disabled, reboot and then tried to install the Software (also as Administrator)

Thx

@ APEXi:
Thanks for your quick reply.
Since the Intel RST(e) drivers of the v14 or v15 platform were developed for the latest Intel chipsets, I do not recommend to install any of them onto systems with an old Intel chipset.
What was the reason why you did it nevertheless? Did you really believe, that you will get benefit with your QM57 chipset system from using the latest storage drivers?
I recommend to uninstall the Intel RST Software and to ā€œdowngradeā€ the in-use Intel AHCI drver. You can find a table with the Intel RST drivers, which I recommend to install with Intel 5-Series Chipsets, within the start post of >this< thread.

i always want to be on latest driver version, thats the only reason :slight_smile:
The Mobile Intel QM57 is 5-series - is that right?

14.8.12.1059 works now :slight_smile:

Hi Everybody.
Iā€™ve been desesparate for three days nowā€¦ First of all I have to say that Iā€™m crap about computer stuffā€¦ But letā€™s try:

Since the Windows 10 Red Stone Update, my device is freezinā€™ (symptom several time exposed by the web) and the pb is related to the AHCI Controller which isnā€™t compliant with my machine. Indeed itā€™s a old driver from Microsoft which is installed.

I tried to install and to fng the right drivers for it but it never works: either the set Up is ending with ā€œFinishedā€ and when reboot, and I donā€™t see anything new or Iā€™ve got a wonderful Blue screen with a message ā€œPlease Repair WIndowsā€ā€¦
My configuration:
Windows 10 REd Stone (Up To date)
QuadCore Intel Core i5-3570T, 3300 MHz (33 x 100)
Intel Panther Point H77, Intel Ivy Bridge

I tried to install this: http://www.touslesdrivers.com/index.php?..23&v_code=50737 (Chipset_Win7_8.1_10_10.1.1.35.zip )
and then Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed) (Universal 64bit Intel RST Software v14.8.12.1059.rar)

I also tried to update directly the driver of the controller IDE ATA/ATAPI: same story

From my understanding, it means that either I odnā€™t install the right version, or I donā€™t know how to install it (maybe both).

Iā€™m becoming crazy as I really need my computer for my jobs and I have sevral stuff to handle this week end. Iā€™m already thinking to buy another device, but just for a driverā€¦

Just last tip: I completely reiniatilze my computer (from a media Tool)ā€¦

Thanks for your help and deeply sorry for this long long post

@rodrigues_o@yahoo.fr:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

The installation of Intel Chipset Device INF files v11.1.1.35 has not been needed (Win10 supports your M77 Chipset Devices natively) and the installation of my mod+signed Intel RST(e) drivers v14.8.12.1059 was a mistake, because the Intel RST(e) v14 driver platform has not been designed at all for being used with Intel 7-Series Chipset systems.
The latest Intel RST(e) drivers, which natively do support Intel 7-Series Chipset SATA AHCI Controllers, are the v13.1.0.1058 WHQL ones (only for Intel 7-Series Desktop Systems) resp. the v12.9.4.1000 WHQL ones (usable with all Intel 7-Series Systems). For details please look into the start post of >this< thread.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi Fernando,

Uā€™ve made my day: I reinitialized everything yesterday eve, and after reinstalling WIndows 10 I did update the controller with v13.1.0.1058 WHQL!!! And everything is working fine now. No more a freezing PC, almost no more ā€œ\Device\RaidPort0ā€ Error messages: only time to time (3 or 4 times a day after multi reboot) after reinstalling everything and paremeter all my appli & configs.

I donā€™t dare to try to issue this completely, as iā€™m a bit dumb with computer.

Anyway, I want to thank you so much for your gentle help, and swift above all.

Have a nice Week End & Happy Halloween:)

Can you add the latest 15.2 modded RST drivers?

Thanks

Yes, but not before next week.

@PhatAgent :
Earlier than expected I was able to modify and digitally sign the requested newest Intel RST(e) drivers v15.2.1.1028.

@ all:
Update of the Start Post:
Changelog:

• new:
    • ā€œUniversal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v15.2.1.1028 mod+signed by Fernandoā€ (done at 11/08/2016)
    • "Universal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) Software v15.2.1.1028"

Good luck with these freshly modded and digitally signed Intel AHCI/RAID drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello Fernando and thank you for all that you are making. I need a help with my Vostro 1500 laptop. I am trying to install windows 7 for my new SSD, but during the installation it says that I need a SATA driver. When I use your modded ā€œIntel(R) Matrix Storage Managerā€ it says I need to sign the driver (which is already signed?). When I use the default driver from the dell web site it says the same thing. I really donā€™t know what to do. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

@newhope :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

If you want help, you should give me some additional informations:
1. Which Intel Chipset resp. which Southbridge has your Vostro laptop?
2. With which SATA mode (IDE/AHCI/RAID) is the on-board Intel SATA Controller running?

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

My vostro 1500 laptop has service tag: 7v8rf3j. The intel chipset it uses (according to the drivers in the web site) is Intel Matrix Storage, and according to the cpu-z is intel pm965 rev. C0. The southbridge is intel 82801hbm (ich8-me) rev. B0
I tried both ahci and ata (i have no raid) and still doesnā€™t recognize it (even in the bios). Really donā€™t know what to do. The SSD is Toshiba q300. Thank you for your time!

@newhope :
All Windows Operating Systems from Win7 up should natively support your on-board Intel SATA Controller and any SATA SSD, no matter which SATA mode it is using.
How did you try to get Win7 installed (via USB or DVD) and at which point did you get the message regarding a ā€œmissing SATA driverā€?

The strange thing is the SSD isnt recognize in the bios, but I know it is working, cause when I attach it via USB (with external case) is working fine. I get the missing SATA driver message after I choose CUSTOM installationā€¦

Thank you.

But now there is 15.2.2.1030 out. Do you mind? :slight_smile:

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded part of the fully quoted post removed (to save space within this thread)

Maybe I will offer them, when the related Software is available.
By the way: I doubt, that any user with an older Intel chipset (incl. 8- and 9-Series) will benefit from any mod+signed Intel RST(e) driver, which belongs to the v15 platform. Reason: Only Intelā€™s 100-/200-Series Chipsets are fully supported by these drivers.

I signed up just to let you know Iā€™ve installed v15.2.1.1028 on Win7 on a mobile Intel 6-series controller (DEV_1C03 according to the new naming of the controller) and works well so far. The previous 12.9.4 drivers were giving random freezes, hopefully this got fixed now. Using Intel SSD and an external eSATA HDD (which was the reason I had to use modded drivers in the first place, the drivers coming with the laptop 10.x didnā€™t provide SMART for this HDD).
The RST software part gave an error about a registry entry, something with iaBattery, just clicked ignore and it otherwise works (wasnā€™t LPM or DIPM, these work properly).

@MrRhade :

Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your feedback!

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@ all:

Update of the Start Post:

Changelog:

• new:
    • ā€œUniversal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v15.2.2.1030 mod+signed by Fernandoā€ (done at 11/19/2016)
    • "Universal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) Software v15.2.2.1030"
  • removed:
    • ā€œUniversal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v15.2.1.1028 mod+signed by Fernandoā€
    • "Universal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) Software v15.2.1.1028"

Warning:
The Intel RST drivers of the v15 platform have been designed and optimized by Intel just for the newest Intel 100-/200-Series Chipsets.
Due to the modification of the related INF files the above listed Intel RST drivers will be installable onto older Intel Chipset AHCI/RAID systems, but may not properly work.
Users with an older Intel Chipset system should better take a driver, which belongs to the v13 or v14 platform. I am not responsable for potential problems they may get after the installation of these newest mod+signed drivers.

Good luck with these freshly modded and digitally signed Intel AHCI/RAID drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thanks, working well like the last 15 version. This time around I took a screenshot of that error when installing the software.