Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed)

Nevertheless I generally do not recommend to install any Intel RST(e) v15 driver onto older Intel Chipset systems like yours. Some Intel RST/RST(e) drivers of the v11/12/13 platform will work better.

It seems, that this message is nothing to worry about. The installer obviously has detected, that the software has natively not been designed for your Intel 6-Series Chipset system.
Neertheless it seems to work.

First, let me extend my thanks and gratitude to you Fernando for putting this amazing resource together. You have been a headache lifesaver! Thank you!

I noticed for the Intel 7 Series Mobile you recommend Intel RST(e) v12.9.4.1000 WHQL or mod+signed Intel RST(e) v13.1.0.1058. I havenā€™t had the best of luck with the 12.9 version so I was interested in trying the modded 13.1.0.1058, however, I cannot seem to find a download link for it. Iā€™ve tried looking through the changelog posts and using the search facility on here, but for the life of me, I cannot find the modded+signed version. I managed to find the modded version on your OneDrive downloads, but not the signed version.

Has this been removed? If not, if you could please point me in the right direction, that would be amazing!

Thank you again for your hard work!

@Glass :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Yes, I had them removed, because I thought, that I am offering already enough mod+signed Intel RST(e) drivers, which belong to the v13 platform.
Since I recommend these v13.1.0.1058 mod+signed Intel RST(e) drivers for users with an Intel 7-Series Mobile system and since you are asking for them now, I have re-uploaded and re-linked them.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@ all:
Update of the Start Post:
Changelog:

• re-added:
    • ā€œUniversal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v13.1.0.1058 mod+signed by Fernandoā€
    • ā€œUniversal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) Software v13.1.0.1058ā€

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thank you so much!

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded parts of the fully quoted post removed (to save space within this thread)

I tried 15.2.2 on Win 10 x64 X58 platform and I ended up with infinite booting lol Guess this chipset got too old now, back to 11.2.

Your v15.2.2.1030 Universal 64bit Intel RST AHCI + Software working on Haswell Desktop + H87 Lynx Point (HP suggests 14.8.0.1042 for W10 all versions) solved UEFI boot freezing that sometimes occurs to my Samsung 850 EVO SSD with appreciable increasing of performances.

Thanks
Max

Mod RTS tests.jpg

@ all:

Update of the Start Post:

Changelog:

• new:
    • ā€œUniversal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v15.2.5.1035 mod+signed by Fernandoā€ (done at 12/10/2016)
    • "Universal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) Software v15.2.5.1035"
  • removed:
    • ā€œUniversal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v15.2.2.1030 mod+signed by Fernandoā€
    • "Universal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) Software v15.2.2.1030"

Warning:
The Intel RST drivers of the v15 platform have been designed and optimized by Intel just for the newest Intel 100-/200-Series Chipsets.
Due to the modification of the related INF files the above listed Intel RST drivers will be installable onto older Intel Chipset AHCI/RAID systems, but may not properly work.
Users with an older Intel Chipset system should better take a driver, which belongs to the v13 or v14 platform. I am not responsable for potential problems they may get after the installation of these newest mod+signed drivers.

Good luck with these freshly modded and digitally signed Intel AHCI/RAID drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hey Fernando. Are you still using the Modded+signed Intel RST(e) drivers v13.2.4.1000 on your Z97 system. Just curious if you found any better ones yet.

@NIK1 :
Although my old Z68 and Z97 mainboards are still available, I havenā€™t used them very often since I own my Z170 system.
Why do you think, that a new benchmark comparison test will give me other results? If you are so curious, why donā€™t you do such tests yourself and publish the results?

Fernando/everyone,
Just a quick few things I registered to say:
1-Thanks to you and everyone here for providing valuable insight to the operation and optimization of computers, it didnā€™t take long to sense the legitimacy of everyone here, and any software listed or recommended by all of you.
2-Your modded 15.2.5.1035 RST Driver and software is working fine on the older C216 Chipset (Z77, specifically The Asus Sabertooth Z77 Board) running Win 7 x64, no issues however havenā€™t checked for any increase or decrease in performance, just saying it runs fine with no issues, same with the modded Intel USB 3.0 drivers (5.0.0.32) on same mobo and OS (I understand if that should be posted under the USB post, and apologize if necessary, same case with no issues and runs fine). I also apologize if this info has been verified already as I havenā€™t checked due to wanting to say the first part of my postā€¦
3-Happy New Yearā€™s to everyone.

Thanks again,
Johnnyfabā€¦

@johnnyfabulous :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanksfor your feedback!

Happy New Year and enjoy your updated system!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello Makobear,

Have anyone replied to you???

My OS is Win7 64bit and chipset DEV_27C0.
I tested with 27C1, but OS could not even be started and I have to restore to the previous point, after driver update.

Hello Fernando.

Happy new year!

DEV_27C0 (ICH7r family) under Win7 Pro x64, which driver can be used?? Recently I have installed an SSD, which
unfortunately is using IDE modeā€¦
Nevertheless I should recognized that an performance improvement has been achieved! :slight_smile:

In your packet, DEV_27C1 and DEV_27C5.
I tested 27C1 without success. :frowning:

Thanks in advance for your reply.

@Mary :
The Intel RST/RST(e) drivers are only installable and usable, if the on-board Intel SATA Controller is running in AHCI or RAID mode.

DEV_27C0 is the DeviceID of the Intel ICH7R/M SATA IDE Controller. The only driver, which supports it, is the Windows OS in-box MS IDE driver named PCIIDE.SYS.
So you cannot install any Intel RST driver (original or modded) as long as the Intel SATA Controller has been set within the BIOS to ā€œIDEā€.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

BIOS does not allow to set IDE and/or AHCI mode, Iā€™m afraid.
Only available values at BIOS: disabled, compatible or enhanced (selected option).
So, I guess there is no possibility to enable AHCI mode drivers and/or AHCI setting at BIOS for DEV_27C0 (ICH7r family) as SSD provider is recommendingā€¦ :frowning:
Thanks in any case.
Have a nice day!

Have you really tried the options ā€œCompatibleā€ and ā€œEnhancedā€?
After having changed the SATA mode within the BIOS and saved the new setting, you should boot into your OS, run the Device Manager and look into the ā€œIDE ATA/ATAPI Controllersā€ section.
The name of the listed Controller should have been changed after having set another SATA mode within the BIOS.

Install the Intel RST Drivers & Software Set v11.2.0.1006 WHQL and I bet, tht the problem will be solved.

All newer Intel RAID drivers will be a bad choice for your Intel ICH9R Southbridge (and a way of no return).

Like BootIT, Iā€™m also on an older board with the ICH9R, and am interested in setting up RAID 1 on my Windows 10 system drive. I installed Windows 10 fresh the other day, but didnā€™t load any special drivers. My BIOS was set to RAID at install time, but I only had a single disk present (waiting on the second drive to come in the mail). Windows 10 installed and booted, automatically having installed 13.2 for the driver.

Interestingly, the following method I came across elsewhere got the 14.8 software installed for me, but maintained the 13.2 driver so that it wouldnā€™t fail to boot: https://communities.intel.com/message/373186#373186

Because I havenā€™t added a second drive to it yet, I havenā€™t been able try setting up the RAID array, but it does seem to work to a certain extent, meaning, Windows boots, and the RST software detects the single drive.

Do you guys have any ideas on whether doing things this way with the 14.8 software and 13.2 driver will work and/or create problems?

I can also follow up here once I get the drive in the mail and have actually tried to do a "RAID-Ready to 2-drive RAID 1" from within the RST software.

@mmortal03 :
I do not recommend to use the Intel RST(e) Software v14.8 with your Intel ICH9R RAID system, because this new Software only will fully support modern Intel Chipsets.
This is what I recommend to do:
1. Uninstall the Intel RST(e) Software from within the Control Panel > ā€œAdd/Remove Programsā€ section.
2. If not already done, install .NET Framework 3.5 from within the Control Panel > ā€œProgramsā€ > ā€œActivate Windows Featuresā€.
3. Download the Intel RST(e) Drivers & Software Set v13.2.8.1002 WHQL from >this< thread, unzip and install it.
4. Create the desired Intel RAID array.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

First of all, thanks a lot for your work.

I have some problems with my laptop and was hoping you could give me some more insight:

Out of nowhere my laptop starts working slow. Side effects are very low IOPs for both my SSDā€™s and overall laggy performance. When I restart the laptop, my event viewer is filled with 225 Kernel-PNP warnings with every process that was running at the time of shutdown. One example:

The application \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exe with process id 4464 stopped the removal or ejection for the device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C03&SUBSYS_06551558&REV_05\3&11583659&0&FA.

I have uninstalled the standard Windows AHCI driver and installed your 13.6.3.1001 modded driver. This seems to have cured the problem for now, but reinstalling this AHCI driver in the past was only a temporary solution, so itā€™s probably temporary again this time.

Specs:

Win10 x64 Pro
Clevo W650SZ laptop
16GB RAM
i7-4700MQ
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB mSATA (OS)
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB (data)

I hope you have some insight in my problem, thanks.

EDIT: it seems okay for now, I also disabled Link State Power Management and activated High Performance power plan (through gpedit.msc because the power plan resetted itself to Balanced upon restart). Maximum and Minimum CPU set to 99% to disable the Turbo feature.

@stone21 :
I suspect, that your problems may be caused by the usage of an mSATA SSD as system drive.
How resp. to which port of your laptop did you connect the mSATA SDD?