Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed)

Thanks Fernando, and no problem :wink:

Type: RCDATA
Name: 15 (in my example, for the cab containing the drivers)
Language: 1033

I just wrote the expample data from top to bottom (select your archive -> RCDATA -> 15 -> 1033 -> Replace), sorry if that was confusing.

Regarding the different sizes:

When I tested with CabPack and switched Compression Options -> Compression Type from LZX to MSZIP (which was used in the original).
Then the recreated non-modified archive was equal in size, and only 2 bytes in the header were different.
If you repack a modified archive then of course the size and content will differ, but resources in PE files are usually not size or position sensitive.
They just need to have the same Type, Name, Language, and similar content.
Maybe the LZX Compression works fine too.

On a different note:

If you just want the RST Software you can extract the cab containing the setup files (RST_x86.msi and RST_x64.msi).
They should install fine on any system without compatibility checks. When you combine this with manual installation of your modded drivers, you should get the same result as modding SetupRST.exe.
However, using this method will do an automatic standard installion of the software. I think you can change the settings only by passing the correct parameters to the installer, which would be too complicated for most users.

What I am still wondering:
According to this: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23060/eng/readme.txt

• 1. Overview
  • 2. System Requirements

• It doesnā€™t include e.g. Intel Series 3 Chipset or ICH9R, but VEN_8086 & DEV_2822 is included by default in the driver.
    Are there other limitations and checks to the Chipset, Processor or system specs?
    Or is it just removed from the official system specification?

@ 0XYGeN64:
    Thank you very much for your detailed and clear additional instructions and statements.

Here is the result:

I have already successfully tested the installation of this modded package with my Z77 RAID0 system. Everything worked fine inclusive the RST Console v12.8.6.1000.
    Furthermore the following excerpt from a log file certifies, that the modded INF files obviously were accepted by the installer:

Intel RST 12.8.6.1000 Setup mod.png

Nevertheless it has to be proved, that the modded Drivers & Software Set will be successfully installed with Intel SATA AHCI and RAID Controllers, which are not supported by the original WHQL Set.
    EDIT:
    Although it has to be confirmed by the users, that this modded RST(e) Installer will work with all officially not supported Intel ICH7/8/9/10 SATA AHCI Controllers resp. Intel ICH7R/X79 SATA RAID Controllers, I decided to add this package to the start post of this thread.

thank you very much.

now the driver 12.8.6.1000 is running inclusive the Intel console on my Sabertooth x58 system without any problem :slight_smile:

@ wasisdn:
    Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Thanks for your feedback!

Regards
    Fernando

no Problem Fernando, actually Iā€™m a while on your new board already but only watching for news because I know your knowledge is unmatched.

I can give some more feedback and infos about my system but nothing big changed in my hardware since last year when you helped me in the Win-Lite forum.

OS is Win7 ultimate x64
    My system is still an Sabertooth x58 board and i7 950 with 1x Crucial M4 SSD as system drive, 3 more Sata2 HDDā€™s on the Intel Sata2 controler plus 2 Sata3 HDDā€™s on the Marvell controler - all running in standard AHCI mode.
    Before I used the SSD with the Marvell Sata3 controler but I found the performance is much better to run the system drive with the Intel Sata2 controler.
    The last RSTe 12er driver I have used was 12.0.7.1002 (without console) as with the later versions I gote some performance and other problems and also the console was not able to start anymore. So I refered back to 11.7.4.1001 because the driver was stable.
    Now I tried your new modded 12.8.6 driver with console and since 3 days the system runs very stable, the console can start (also very fast) and the performance is also slidely better then the 11.7.4.1001 driver (all in standard AHCI mode).

Thanks again and Regards (also to 0XYGeN64),

Thomas alias wasisdn

Just registered to say thanks, your modded drivers let me see my 3TB drives properly!

Hi Faffer,

welcome to the Forum.

I been looking some time for infos about 3tb HDDā€™s.

can you please specify your hardware config and how do you use the drive (drv-mode/format/partition/bootrecordā€¦)?

thx wasisdn

Hi Fernando,

Thank you very much for making an interesting and useful site for most XP fans out there!
    I have been using XP for years, but when I just switched to a new laptop (Lenovo Ideapad Y410p) and that all my tweaks for Windows XP become nothing because the laptop does not allow me to install XP on it.

I just did google and found your website and I think this is the place I can get help. However, when I integrated your driver in to Windows XP Pro SP2 (64bit), I still got an error to start installation:

So I kindly ask for your help.

Here are some steps that I did integrate the driver:

1. Download Universal 64bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod by Fernando
    2. Use nLite to integrate the driver as you suggested. At this point I chose Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset Family Mobile SATA AHCI Controller DEV_8C03 (added by Fernando) because this is the only option that fits with my laptop (I checked it under the driver manager).
    3. I use firadisk to boot an iso to start installing XP, and then I gor an error right here:D
    4. I check the installation on another computer, and it works:D

I am using Lenovo Ideapad Y410p:
    4th generation IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i7-4700MQ (2.40GHz 1600MHz 6MB)
    NVIDIAĀ® GeForceĀ® GT755M 2GB
    Intell SSD Drive (240GB)
    Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C03&SUBSYS_397817AA&REV_05
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C03&SUBSYS_397817AA
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C03&CC_010601
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C03&CC_0106

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

John.

EDIT by Fernando: The picture (image) link has been corrected.

@ texer:

Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your contribution.

The ā€œSTOP: 0x000000A5ā€ error message you got has nothing to do with the modded Intel RST driver you had integrated into the XP CD.
    Please have a look into >this< Microsoft Support site, where you can find some interesting details and a work-around about how to solve the problem.

Good luck!
    Fernando

Hi Fernando,

Thank you very much for your quickly replying!

I just jumped into the site you gave me and figured it out that the problem does really come from the Bios.
    So at least I know that it is not a problem from integrating drivers.

I will call Lenovo tomorrow to see if they can do something else.

Best wishes,

John.

Since we got new Intel RST(e) drivers v12.9.0.1001 from Intel, I have modified them as well to make them usable with as many Intel chipset AHCI and RAID systems as possible.

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• new: 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI & RAID drivers v12.9.0.1001 mod by Fernando
    • new: Intel RST(e) Drivers & Software Set v12.9.0.1001 mod by Fernando
    • new: Universal 32/64bit Intel RST Software Installer (extracted from the original Intel RST package)

Any feedback is welcome and important not only for me, but for other users as well.

Enjoy the modded RST(e) drivers and the related RST software!
    Fernando

Hi Fernando,

I need your help urgently. I purchased the Lenovo Ideapad Y510P laptop comes with Windows 8 licensed OS. I formatted and try to install Windows 2003 Server 64bit OS. Previously, i installed windows 2003 server 64bit OS in all the brand laptops(upto Intel 5 Series) using the F6 method in setup(adding the drivers using the external floppy drive).

Coming to my problem in Ideapad Y510P laptop, before formatting i got the information that it has Intel 8 Series Chipset family SATA AHCI Controller in device manager. In the BIOS, i enabled the Legacy OS mode and the disable the AHCI mode into compatible mode and install the windows 2003 server x64 os but it did not detect the hard disk. After that i tried with AHCI mode in BIOS and using the driver that you provided. During the list of drivers, it does not show anything. In your driver files, it does not contain txtsetup.oem file. Kindly help me to install the Windows 2003 Server x64 OS.

@ Kumar:

If you want to get Windows Server 2003 x64 installed onto your Intel 8-Series Chipset system running in AHCI mode, you have to integrate the "Universal 64bit Intel AHCI & RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod by Fernando".

Merry Christmas!
    Fernando

Dear Fernando,

thank you for your excellent work over years!

ā€¦ but now, i have a problem:

I have just installed this Driver for my ICH10R (X58 Chipset, ASUS RampageII) in AHCI Mode:

>Intel RST(e) Drivers & Software Set v12.9.0.1001 mod by Fernando< (>MIRROR<) //by the way, only the "ā€œMirrorā€-Link seems to be correct

After ab reboot one of my 3 WD HDD`s was gone - in the HW-Manager the disk has an exclamation mark and Windows gives something like the following message:
    "This Decvice will be disconnect"

I make a reboot in save mode and windows tell me that the configuration is changed, and after (normal) booting again, the HDD is back (with data )

But now something changes in HW-Manager:

Under ā€œLaufwerkeā€ some names changes like WDC WD740ADFD-00NLR5 SCSI Disk Device
    Driver Detail shows the iaStorF.sys there

Another HDD was show before like as ā€œWDC WD500 ā€¦ā€, now the name is just "Laufwerk"
    Driver Detail shows the same iaStorF.sys there

The IDE Controller-Tab shows the Controller IMHO correct:
    Intel(R) ICH 10R SATA AHCI Controller
    Both driver are shown in the driver details tab as:
    C:\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\iaStorA.sys
    C:\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\iaStorF.sys

ā€¦but why the SCSI driver is installed?
    I can boot, i have access to the data on the drives. But is this correct?

My Windows:
    Win 7 Ultimate 64bit with actually SV and patches up to date.

please Fernando, can you help me is there a Bug or something wrong?
    Because i will mirror my System-Partition today from my old Revo-Drive SSD to my new Samsung 840 Pro

best regards
    mark77

@ mark77:

Now to your problem:
    When I modify any driver package, all I do is to add the missing HardwareIDs into the information (.INF) files to make the driver usable with as many HardwareIDs as possible. The function of the drivers themselves (.SYS files) is not affected at all by the modification.
    So if you have troubles with any of my modded drivers, it means, that the used driver doesnā€™t match your special system.
    As you probably know, none of the original Intel RST(e) drivers v12.x.x.xxxx do support Intel ICH10R Southbridges. Some of them may work with them, but yours obviously not.
    If you are having problems with the modded IRST(e) drivers v12.9.0.1001, I recommend to install another driver (example: Intel RST v11.2.0.1006 or Intel RST(e) v11.7.4.1000).

I have just tested both download links. Both are working correctly.
    Maybe it is your browser, which has a problem with MEGA downloads.

Regards
    Fernando

Hi Fernando,

thanks - the Intel RST 11.2.0.1006 works perfect.
    I canĀ“t find the RST(e) v11.7.4.1000, only RST(e) v11.7.4.1001, but this driver donĀ“t work.

I tried the download links a second time and it works as you say - no matter what had happened, sorry for that.

best regards,
    mark77

That is fine. Thanks for your feedback!

That was a typo. I meant v11.7.4.1001 - my bad!

Enjoy your updated system!
    Fernando

Hi Fernando,

I have ASUS P9X79 mainboard and RAID 0 configured for two WD VelociRaptors 150GB. The system is Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. And I upgraded Intel RAID driver to the latest available modded version 12.9.0.1001. Upgrade went well, and it works without any problem, thank you! But RST software console, which goes together with the driver, does not recognize SATA controller. It says ā€œController Unknownā€ and shows two independent HDDs instead of a RAID volume. For me it seems that RST utility has its own way to identify type of controller, but the utility is not modded, so it cannot identify controller of X79 chipset. Or am I mistaken, and there are users who can use this RST utility on X79 boards with no issues? What would you recommend to get this nice utility working on my system?

Thanks,

Andrei

@ lavandr:

Have you already tried to install the "Universal Intel RST Software v12.9.0.1001", which I am offering within the start post of this thread?

Regards
    Fernando

Yes, sure. I tried to install both RST software 12.9.0.1001 versions from the 1st post: standalone (.msi) and packaged (.exe). Result is the same - controller unknown, although the 12.9.0.1001 driver has no issue to recognize it. I guess that RST utility should be modded as well as the driver, since originally it is part of the package for non-X79 systems. Do you know anybody who successfully runs it on X79?

Regards,

Andrei