Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed)

I haven’t yet gotten any feedback from other X79 users, who tried to get the RST software v12.x.x.xxxx installed.
If you really need the RST(e) software, I recommend to install the latest v3.x.x.xxxx one and to manually (re))update the RAID driver afterwards.

Hey there,

so a feedback from me as well. I use an AsRock X79 Extreme6 with three OCZ Solid3 120 GB in RAID0. I tried flashing all the modded OROM’s for the X79 Dev. 2826 (from 11.6 to 12.7) and the modded drivers as well. Flashing and installing the drivers with force is no problem. Also TRIM seems to work from time to time (test results by trimcheck vary between “not running”, “intermediate” and “running”). But I have Problems with the console as well. It starts but only my BluRay Burner is shown up. When I enter the configuration page the software stops with an error (iastorui.sys malfunction) and ends. Also using the 3.x.x.xxxx console leads to an error (in that case the service will stay unstartet in systray). When I use device 2822 with unmodded ROM’s and drivers or device 2826 with RSTe ROM’s (I can select between the two in BIOS) and drivers the console works fine but there is no TRIM. I removed the console now, I prefer working TRIM instead of a working console ;-).
But I have a request. Will there be a modded UEFI sata driver for the X79 that is equal to the modded OROM’s which are offered (12.7 or 13.x version)?

Regards hanson

That is what I recommend as well. The only needed feature is the ability to enable the write-back cashing, but this can be done once for ever (it will stay enabled even after having uninstalled the RST software).

I will try the modification, when I am back home (next weekend).

Ok, thank you for your work! Then I have to find a way to get the console running at least once to enable the mentioned feature…

Regards hanson

Hi Fernando,

Going to original (unmodded) v3.x.x.xxxx driver is not a good option for me. Actually, I tried v3.8.1.1006 RAID driver, but after successful installation it crashed my Win 7 OS. In Win 8.1 v3.8.1.1006 driver and RST utility work fine - no issue at all. But here we talk about Win 7… So, for the time being, I removed RST utility and run with v12.9.0.1001 driver only. RST is nice to have, but not absolutely necessay, of cause.

Thanks,

Andrei

@ lavandr:
Hello Andrei,
thanks for your report.
Regarding the choice of the best Intel RAID driver there are obviously great differences between the X79 chipset mainboards and the in-use Operating System.
Regards
Fernando

Just signed up to say thank you for your modded drivers. The normal RST drivers were refusing to install on my motherboard ( Gigabyte EP45T-USB3P with ICH10R ), and I was getting blue screens when I tried installing them manually. Yours work perfectly though, so thanks!

@ evitalien:

Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your feedback!

Regards
Fernando

Since I got yesterday access to new Intel RST(e) drivers v12.8.11.1000, I have modified them to make them usable with as many Intel chipset AHCI and RAID systems as possible.

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• new: 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI & RAID drivers v12.8.11.1000 mod by Fernando
  • new: Universal 32/64bit Intel RST Software v12.8.11.1000 with Installer (extracted from the original Intel RST package)

Any feedback is welcome and important not only for me, but for other users as well.

Enjoy the modded RST(e) drivers and the related RST software!
Fernando

I just registered to say thanks for the “64bit Intel RSTe AHCI & RAID drivers v12.9.0.1001 mod by Fernando”. They work normally with my SSD (128GB PNY).
Original 12.8 didn’t want to install on my Dell M4400 with ICH9M (platform not supported).
I will try also the “64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI & RAID drivers v12.8.11.1000 mod by Fernando”, didn’t realized that 12.9 is a beta.

LE: Installed the 12.8.11 without a problem. I think I’ll stick with those.

@ SoNic67:

Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your feedback!
By the way: The original Intel RST(e) drivers 12.9.0.1001 are WHQL certified and no beta drivers (nevertheless the v12.8.11.1000 drivers are newer and maybe better).

Regards
Fernando

Ah, I saw newer date and I assumed that the others are betas. Confusing :slight_smile:

I AM SORRY BUT YOU MUST BE JOKING, RIGHT? YOU CALL THAT A …"SOLUTION" !!!

"None of the "modded" drivers can be successfully loaded as F6 driver at the beginning of the Vista SP1, Win7 or Win8 installation."

FIRST OF ALL, THE OSes YOU JUST MENTIONED DO NOT USE THE F6 METHOD TO LOAD DRIVERS AT THE BEGINNING, THIS IS TRUE ONLY WITH WIN2K, WINXP AND WIN2K3 SERVER, ANYTHING AFTER VISTA IS NOT USING THE F6 PROCEDURE, YOU CAN LOAD THE DRIVERS LATER DURING INSTALLATION, AND ACTUALLY, MORE SOURCES ARE SUPPORTED, NOT JUST A FLOPPY (OR A SPECIALLY FORMATTED USB) AS IS THE CASE WITH THE TRADITIONAL F6 METHOD.

SO NOW THAT WE ARE CLEAR ABOUT THAT, I HAVE TO ASK YOU:

WHAT IS THE USE OF "MODIFYING" THESE DRIVERS IF THEY CANNOT BE USED DURING THE DRIVER-LOADING PORTION OF INSTALLING A WINDOWS OS ?

I MEAN, ARE YOU FOR REAL OR YOU ARE JUST FOOLING AROUND AND WASTING OUT TIME AS WELL?

APPARENTLY, JUDGING FROM YOUR OBVIOUS LACK OF KNOWLEDGE WITH INSTALLING WINDOWS (F6, ETC) YOU ARE INDEED WASTING OUR TIME, RIGHT?

THE SCARY THING IS, THE INTERNET IS REPLETE OF "EXPERTS" LIKE YOU!

WHAT YOU COULD HAVE AT LEAST DONE IS POST YOUR LITTLE PATHETIC DISCLAIMER WITH BIG BOLD LETTERS AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE INSTEAD AT THE VERY BOTTOM!!!

YOU ASKED FOR FEEDBACK, WELL … YOU GOT IT!!!

WHAT A MORON!

DID YOU TAKE YOUR PILLS?

@ AnotherUseselessForum:

You are not welcome at Win-RAID Forum, because you are flaming!
Additionally you are absolutely wrong:

1. It makes definitively sense to offer modded AHCI/RAID drivers even if they cannot be used from scratch.
    Users, who want to use the latest drivers, although their special AHCI/RAID Controller is natively not supported by them, can install the OS by using any suitable AHCI/RAID driver and update to the modded newer/better one once the OS is up.
  2. Although the AHCI/RAID drivers cannot be loaded by hitting F6 while trying to install any Windows Operating system from Vista up, the name “F6 drivers” is still commonly in use for “pure” digitally signed drivers, which can be loaded during the OS installation.
    Look here, what the Intel Download Center is offering for Win7, Win8.1 etc.:

F6 drivers at Intel.png

Please stop flaming! Otherwise you will get banned and your posts deleted.
This is the last warning!

Regards
Fernando

Today I got access to new Intel RST(e) drivers v13.0.0.1098 WHQL dated 02/19/2014. Meanwhile I have modified them to make them usable with as many Intel chipset AHCI and RAID systems as possible.

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• new: 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI & RAID drivers v13.0.0.1098 mod by Fernando

Any feedback is welcome and important not only for me, but for other users as well.

Enjoy the modded RST(e) drivers!
Fernando

I’ve tested the new modded driver 13.0 with my x58 ICH10R sabertooth and win7 x64 system ssd crucial m4 in AHCI mode.
The read performance is ok but write performance drops dramaticly compared to version 11.7.4 or 12.8.11. I don’t know what happen when it runs the 4K-64Thrd write test, the speed is jumping up and down and need a lot of time to finish this test.
after change back to 12.8.11 everything becomes normal again. Now I will stick with this driver as I get the best performance results and the system is running very stable just like with the 11.7.4 driver

@ wasisdn:
Thanks for your report, which verifies, that the RST(e) v13 Series drivers are not really recommended for being used with older chipsets, because they are not designed at all for them (no fully backwards compatibility).
Your experience confirms my opinion, that the well developed latest Intel RST v11.2 (v11.2.0.1006), RST(e) v11.7 (v11.7.4.1001) and RST(e) v12.8 (v12.8.11.1000) series drivers still are and probably will stay the best choice for users with an ICH7-10 or 5-Series chipset system.

Hello and thank you for your awesome job. I spent all day looking for drivers, none of them worked and then i found your page. I wanted to ask which driver you recommend for GA-P35-dS3 (ICH9) board.
I installed v11.2.0.1006 should i bench and then try newer version till I find one that works the best ? Which version would you recommend ?

@ KeoZ:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

You have already chosen the driver, which I recommend to use with your system.

Regards
Fernando