Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed)

@ all:
The recently released “Falls Creator Update” (= v1709) images of Windows 10 contain very interesting new in-box 32/64bit Intel RAID drivers v13.44.0.1026 dated 02/22/2017. After having done some promising tests with different Intel Chipset systems running Win10 v1709 in RAID mode, I was curious, whether it would be possible to compose on the basis of these new RAID drivers complete mod+signed 32/64bit “Universal Intel RST AHCI & RAID drivers v13.44.0.1026”, which do support all Intel AHCI and RAID Controllers and possibly all Windows Operating Systems from XP up. As first step I composed the required, but originally not available, INF file for the AHCI mode and a matching TXTSETUP.OEM for the XP installation in AHCI or RAID mode.
Since touching the code of the original Intel driver named iaStorAV.sys was out of the question for me, I decided to just rename it to avoid any mix-up with the original Win10 in-box Intel RAID driver. Then I composed and tested 3 different variants of the mod+signed drivers (only difference was the name of the real driver). All these variants were running fine with my different Intel AHCI and RAID systems. Finally I decided to publish the variant with the real driver named iaStorA.sys.

Update of the Start Post:
Changelog:

• new:
    • mod+signed 32/64bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID drivers v13.44.0.1026 dated 02/22/2017, composed, modified and digitally signed by me at 11/08/2017

Important:
  1. The Intel RST(e) drivers of the v13 platform have been designed and optimized by Intel for their 7-9 Series Chipsets, but according to my tests they are running fine and very performant as well with older and newer Intel chipset systems.
  2. Although the driverpacks include a TXTSETUP.OEM file, I am not sure, whether these drivers can be successfully integrated into a Windows XP CD or loaded as F6 driver at the beginning of the XP installation. Users, who have tried it, should report here about their results.
  3. If not already previously done, don’t forget to import the Win-RAID CA Certificate, before you try to get any of my mod+signed drivers installed. The Certificate itself and the related CMD file are attached to all my mod+signed driverpacks.
  4. Due to new security features since Win10 v1703 you may have to execute the CMD file from within the Command Prompt or Windows PowerShell (both options have to be run as Admin).
  5. >Here< you can get additional informations about “modded” drivers and >here about how to get them properly installed.

Good luck with these freshly modded and digitally signed Intel AHCI/RAID drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@bohunmike :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

These are the HardwareIDs of the device named “Intel(R) ICH8M Ultra ATA Storage Controller”. This device will only be listed, when the related Intel SATA Controller is running in IDE mode (and neither in AHCI nor in RAID mode). The related settings have to be done from within the BIOS.
The only usable driver is the MS in-box IDE driver named PCIIDE.SYS.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I have a DELL D630 notebook. In BIOS I have configured "SATA Operation" in "AHCI". OK, in Device Manager I have "Standard Controller SATA AHCI" with VEN_8086 & DEV_2829. I import certificate and install driver. Thanks

Which driver did you install and how does it work?

Dell Latitude e6540
Mobile Intel QM87 Express
Intel Core i7-4800MQ
Windows XP sp1, operates fine, BIOS is set to "ATA"

Is there an iaStor.sys file, that I may change BIOS to "AHCI" ?

@789 :
It is not enough to load or integrate the correct Intel AHCI driver. Additionally you have to choose from the list of the various compatible Intel SATA Controllers just and exactly the one, which matches 100% your specific on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller model. Otherwise you will get a STOP 0x0000007B BSOD error.

Yes, you can use the iaStor.sys file v11.2.0.1006, which is within the package named “Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando”.

You can enhance the chances to get it working by doing the following:

1. It is very important, that you know the exact DeviceID (DEV_XXXX) of your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller while running a modern Windows OS (from Win7 up) in AHCI mode. This requires, that you have set the Intel SATA Controller within the BIOS to “AHCI” before.
    Then run the Device Manager, expand the “IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers” section, right-click onto the listed Intel SATA AHCI Controller (may have another name) and choose the options “Properties” > “Details” > “Property” > “HardwareIDs”.
  2. The safest way to get Windows XP running in AHCI mode is to do a fresh XP installation by using a “clean” (= untouched) Windows XP SP3 image as source, but with integrated correct Intel SATA AHCI driver according to >this< guide.

Good luck!

Intel 8 Series 4 port Serial ATA storage controller 8C01
driver details atapi.sys, pciide.sys, pciidex.sys
"could not find a better match for your hardware than the software you currently have installed"

It will not accept any iaStor.sys

@789 :
As long as your on-board Intel SATA Controller is running in IDE mode, you cannot install any Intel RST driver. They only support your on-board Intel SATA Controller, if it is running in AHCI or RAID mode.

Thank you. So one day I have to make myself a modified installation CD.

15.8.2.1009 is available (9/15/2017)

@InstantAli3n :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

What does that mean? Do you want to get mod+signed variants of this specificic driver version?
Until now I only have access to the 64bit driver v15.8.2.1009 WHQL (it is listed >here<).
Do you have a link to the 32bit driver and the complete Drivers & Software Set?

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I saw 15.8.2.1009 dated 9/15/2017 when I was updating with Snappy driver installer and I assumed since the latest on this page was v15.8.1.1007 dated 08/07/2017 that you didn’t know about it, so I was trying to notify you that a newer version was available under the assumption that you would know where to look to get the installer. I guess it doesn’t work like that for the modded drivers! My mistake!

@InstantAli3n :
Thanks for the reply.
I generally modify only such Intel RST/RSTe drivers, which are completely available (32/64bit and complete Set).

@Fernando Please could you add support for my device ID please?

Chipset: G41
S\B: 82801GB (ICH7\R)

Intel(R) ICH7 Family Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 27DF
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27DF&SUBSYS_0DC1105B&REV_01

Intel(R) N10/ICH7 Family Serial ATA Storage Controller - 27C0
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C0&SUBSYS_0DC1105B&REV_01

What would be the best version and software to use for this older chipset in Windows 10-64 1709?

Thankyou for your advice and support
Tech

@techeads :
Both Controllers are running in IDE mode and can only be managed by the in-box MS IDE driver named PCIIDE.SYS.
An addition of the related HardwareIDs into the INF file of my mod+signed Intel RST/RST(e) drivers would have no effect, because Intel’s RST/RST(e) drivers only support Intel SATA Controllers, which are running in AHCI or RAID mode. So there is nothing to modify for your “Intel(R) ICH7 Family Ultra ATA Storage Controller” resp. “Intel(R) Family Serial ATA Storage Controller”.

As long as your on-board Intel SATA Controllers are running in IDE mode (and not switched within the BIOS to “AHCI” or “RAID”), the only usable driver is the Win10 v1709 in-box MS IDE driver named PCIIDE.SYS.

Kind of realised that just now going to have a look in bios to change it

After having done that, you may not be able to boot into the OS. If you want to change the SATA mode, you should do a fresh OS install (after having switched the SATA mode within the BIOS).

Hi Fernando, just changed it in the bios to SATA only
only shows the Sata channel now in device manager as Intel(R) N10/ICH7 Family Serial ATA Storage Controller - 27C0
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C0&SUBSYS_0DC1105B&REV_01
windows booted fine since i made the change.

anyway, have you got a driver and software package that will support ICH7R just something a lot newer than 9.1.9.1005 from 25/07/2013?
Apparently it’s a Series 4 shown in system as Intel(R) 4 Series Chipset same as above.

Thankyou for your help

The related Intel Chipset Device “driver” named ich78ide.inf v9.1.9.1005 is not a real driver (that are *.SYS files), but a simple text file. It contains just the information, that the device with the DeviceID DEV_27C0
a) doesn’t need any driver and
b) should be named “Intel(R) N10/ICH7 Family Serial ATA Storage Controller - 27C0”.
Newer INF files for your old mainboard are not available and wouldn’t bring you any benefit.

here’s official link to 15.9.0.1015 RST https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa…-?product=35125 can you make modded driver for Z87 Chipset, also there’s 16.0.0.1055 Beta http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php…5&lang=fr#15744 i use your modded Intel Chipset Device Software Version 10.1.17464.8052 WHQL and there’s no more 10.1.1.38 drivers automatic installation from windows update with the correct date, now i use older 14.8.16.1063 RST for evo 840 250gb on Z87-GD65 motherboard, it’s working fine on windows 10 1709 but i want to try newer one with official RS3 support