Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed)

@george-2015 :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
It is not easy to understand why you want to get the latest available drivers installed, although they are definitively not the best for older Chipset systems like yours (look >here<).
Nevertheless I am offering today the requested mod+signed Intel RST(e) AHCI/RAID drivers v15.9.0.1015.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@ all:
Upon demand I have modified and signed the latest available Intel RST(e) drivers from the v15 platform to make them installable onto nearly all Intel Chipset systems from ICH7 up running in AHCI or RAID mode.
There is no guarantee, that they will properly with older, natively not supported Intel Chpset systems.

Update of the Start Post:
Changelog:

• new:
    • mod+signed 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v15.9.0.1015 dated 10/12/2017, modified and digitally signed by me at 12/22/2017
    • Universal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) Software v15.9.0.1015 dated 11/09/2017

Important:
  1. The Intel RST(e) drivers of the v15 platform have been designed and optimized by Intel just for the newest Intel Chipsets from 100-Series up.
    Due to the modification of the related INF files the above listed Intel RST drivers will be installable onto older Intel Chipset AHCI/RAID systems, but may not properly work.
    Users with an older Intel Chipset system should better take a driver, which belongs to the v13 or v14 platform. I am not responsable for potential problems they may get after the installation of these newest mod+signed drivers.
  2. If not already previously done, donā€™t forget to import the Win-RAID CA Certificate, before you try to get any of my mod+signed drivers installed. The Certificate itself and the related CMD file are attached to all my mod+signed driverpacks.
  3. Due to new security features of Win10 v1703 you may have to execute the CMD file from within the Command Prompt or Windows PowerShell (both options have to be run as Admin).
  4. >Here< you can get additional informations about ā€œmoddedā€ drivers and >here about how to get them properly installed.

Good luck with these freshly modded and digitally signed Intel AHCI/RAID drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

thanks, i know how to install moded drivers, just wanted to test latest drivers with windows 10 1709 support

@george-2015 :
Thanks for having posted the benchmark results you got by running the mod+signed variant of the Intel RST(e) drivers v15.9.0.1015 with your Z87 AHCI system.
Now it would be interesting to see the results you got/get with the in-box MS AHCI driver and the Intel RST(e) driver versions I have recommended for Intel 8-Series chipsets.
By the way:
If you just want to test specific Intel RST driver versions, which natively do not support your on-board Intel SATA Controller, there is no need to ask for mod+signed variants.
You can install any of them by using the ā€œHave Diskā€ method and choosing any of the listed supported devices.

i uploaded all the results in this topic Performance of the Intel RST/RSTe AHCI/RAID Drivers (23)

@ all:

Changelog:

• re-customized:
    • Universal mod+signed 32/64bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID drivers v11.2.0.1006 dated 05/30/2012, re-modded and signed by me at 01/13/2018 (now with added support of Intel ApolloLake SATA AHCI Controllers)
    • Universal mod+signed Drivers & Software Set v11.2.0.1006 dated 06/07/2012, re-modded and signed by me at 01/13/2018 (now with added support of Intel ApolloLake SATA AHCI Controllers)

• Universal comp+mod+signed 32/64bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID drivers v13.44.0.1026 dated 02/22/2017, re-customized and digitally signed by me at 01/13/2018
  • new:
    • Universal comp+mod+signed 64bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v15.44.0.1006 dated 10/24/2017, composed, modded and signed by me at 01/13/2018

• Important:
    1. The Intel RST(e) drivers of the v13 platform have been designed and optimized by Intel for their 7-9 Series Chipsets, but according to my tests (look >here<) they are running fine and very performant as well with older and newer Intel chipset systems.
    2. All above listed driverpacks do support all Windows Operating Systems from Win7 up, but should even work with Windows XP (the required TXTSETUP.OEM file is present in all packages). Since the v13 and v15 platform drivers havenā€™t yet been tested with Windows XP, we need the related feedback from the users.
    3. If not already previously done, donā€™t forget to import the Win-RAID CA Certificate, before you try to get any of my mod+signed drivers installed. The Certificate itself and the related CMD file are attached to all my mod+signed driverpacks.
    4. >Here< you can get additional informations about ā€œmoddedā€ drivers and >here< about how to get them properly installed.

Good luck with these freshly composed, modded and digitally signed Intel AHCI/RAID drivers!
    Dieter (alias Fernando)

Surprisingly, the most recent Windows Insider Build 17083.1000 does install the v15.44.0.1006 dated 10/24/2017 Intel RAID driver on my X58 + ICH10R system. This definetly didnā€™t work with former modded RAID drivers from the v15.X branch before and resulted even in a boot loop (only a saved restore point could save you out of this mess). No benchmarks so far, but I thought of sharing this piece of information. It was also the first Insider build of RS4 which installed fine at all.

@ms178 :
    Thanks for your info.
    Did you get the original W10 RS4 in-box Intel RAID driver v15.44.0.1006 installed or my mod+signed variant? If it should be the latter, how did you do it and which version has your currently used Intel RAID ROM??

The latest RS4 Insider Preview installed v15.44.0.1006 by default (I did an in-place-upgrade from 16299.192 where I used the 13.44 driver which came with RS3). Thatā€™s why I am so surprised because all of your modded + signed drivers of the v15 branch which I tried before (not the latest though and with older Windows 10 builds) ended in a boot loop (the installation went fine and the device was recognized as DEV_2822, but the first reboot ended with a non-booting system and a never ending rolling circle). The board is an Asus P6T Deluxe V2, but I crossflashed it with a modded P6TWS PRO BIOS. My currently used RAID ROM is 10.1.1008 (cannot be upgraded as a limitation of the Asus P6TWS PRO BIOS). Last year Iā€™ve experimented with the Asus P6X58D-E BIOS which allows newer RAID ROMs to be inserted (tested working up to Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v15.0.3.2675, the probably best combination was the 13.2 ROM + matching driver) but it does not work as reliably with my Xeon X5650 as with the Xeon E5645 before due to a bug with the always-on turbo multiplier.

Iā€™ve tried now ATTO and Chrystal Disk Mark for some benchmarks, but both programs crash the whole system. :frowning:

@ms178 :
    It is an intersting find, that your are able to use the Win10 RS4 in-box Intel RAID driver v15.44.0.1026 with your X58 chipset RAID system, but got an unbootable system after having tried to install any of my previously offered mod+signed v15 platform Intel RAID drivers.
    As possible reason I suspect the fact, that the Win10 in-box and my newest mod+signed Intel RST v13.44 and v15.44 series RAID drivers do not have an assiciated SCSI filter driver named iaStorF.sys.
    The results of your just done benchmark tests confirmed my often repeated statement, that the v14/v15/v16 platform Intel RAID drivers do not fully support old Intel chipset systems. This seems to be valid even for the latest Win10 in-box Intel RAID drivers v13.44 and 15.44 series.

Well, as my system is heavily modded and now running on an Beta OS, there are lots of variables at play. It could be an issue with the Insider Preview itself with these programs, as gaming seems to be fine so far. Iā€™ll try out other workloads. Copying large amounts of data could potentially show these problems as well. I also could try out one of my P6X58D-E BIOS versions with a 15.X Intel RAID OROM. Maybe they work better together.

You are right about the iaStorF.sys - I cannot find it under Windows\System32\drivers, the device manager tells me that it uses solely the iaStorAV.sys.

Maybe Microsoft put some pressure on Intel to make these older systems compatible with some OS changes?! Either way, Iā€™ll test it further and will report my findings, if something remarkable happens.

You are obviously a dreamer.
    I think into the quite opposite direction: Intel has built new generic Win10 in-box RAID drivers, which are primarily designed for new Intel chipsets from 100-Series up and do not really support old Intel chipsets. This way Microsoft can offer a better matching RAID driver for users of a modern Intel chipset and Intel can hope this way to persuade owners of an old Intel chipset system to buy a new one.

But you are cynical. :slight_smile: I can imagine the shitstorm if Microsoft does not support such capable and still relevant older hardware. At least these crashes need to go away even though performance might not be optimal in the end.

By the way, reporting back from my testing: the same crashes occur on my modded P6X58D-E BIOS with Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v15.1.0.2545. Also the problem shows when copying large amounts of data from one partition to the other.

To be honest, I expect this shitstorm once Win10 v1803 has been released to the public.
    On the other hand there is a simple solution for the affected Intel RAID users: They should remove the in-box Intel RAID driver v15.44.xxxx from the OS image and integrate a better matching Intel RAID driver instead. >Here< is the related guide.

Iā€™ve just installed your modded in-box driver from the 13.44 branch and the crashes are gone. So you were absolutely right about the culprit being the 15.44 driver. The performance in 4K reads (that part worked with the newer driver) is three times lower though (2.2 vs. 6.6 MB/s). But my settings with the P6X58D-E BIOS are not the same (lower RAM / CPU speeds). Switching back to the P6WS Pro BIOS and calling it a day, I guess. Thank you very much for the hint! :slight_smile:

@ all:

Changelog:

• re-customized:
      • Universal mod+signed 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v13.2.8.1002 dated 07/09/2015, re-modded and signed by me at 02/09/2018 (now with enhanced support of all known old and modern Intel SATA AHCI and RAID Controllers)

Notes:
    • These specific drivers have been re-customized by me, because according to my test results (look >here<) they
      a) give all Intel Chipset systems (even the latest) an extremely good performance and
      b) are compatible even with old Intel Chipset systems.
    • If not already previously done, donā€™t forget to import the Win-RAID CA Certificate, before you try to get any of my mod+signed drivers installed. The Certificate itself and the related CMD file are attached to all my mod+signed driverpacks.
    • >Here< you can get additional informations about ā€œmoddedā€ drivers and >here< about how to get them properly installed.

Good luck with these freshly re=customized and digitally signed Intel AHCI/RAID drivers!
    Dieter (alias Fernando)

I decided to replace the computer in question because I couldnā€™t upgrade Windows 10 past version 1507. The failed installation attempts led to some heart-stopping moments as it took several attempts to roll back the installation to the last good one. This was an intolerable situation for my business applications, and I disabled the Windows update service to avoid further problems. I decided to buy a new machine and I successfully migrated all of my important business applications and data.

Having done that, I felt I had nothing to lose by trying to reinstall the RST application on the XPS 9100 as per your suggestion. I downloaded the complete v11.7.4.1001 package and clicked on setup.exe. I got a warning message that the drivers it was about to install were older than the existing ones. I clicked OK. The installation proceeded without problem, and when I attempted to start the RST manager, it was there and fully functional.

What it confirmed was that the raid was functioning normally, and that there were no errors. So the raid had been running in the background all along, even though I couldnā€™t see the status, or see if there were any errors.

After this successful installation, I decided to try to upgrade to the Windows 10 Creators Update 1709. That update was successful, but the process removed the RST manager and updated the drivers. So I ran the V11.7.4 installation again, and it restored the RST functionality and the older compatible drivers.

The important lesson learned here is that while the XPS 9100 is fully functional and up to date, future major upgrades to Windows 10 will likely require the reinstallation of the RST package.

What is the latest AHCI/RAID driver that works with Z97 chipset? I have been using 14.8.16.1063, but is there a newer one available? Do I need a modded driver?

@kyriacos :
    You are using already the latest available Intel RST(e) driver, which supports Intel 9-Series Chipsets.
    There is no need to install a modded driver.

I read elsewhere in the forum that the recommended AHCI driver for this chipset is v13.1.0.1058 or v13.2.8.1002 and not 14.8.16.1063? And I also read that even the latest v15 (modded) drivers could work? itā€™s not very clear what is ā€œbestā€ to use.