Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed)

But I don’t see you have post the AHCI 13.44 for x86 on the forum,could you send the link to me?

The 14.8 Driver not working with ICH10R right?

@aaa839 :
To be able to offer any mod+signed variant of the Win10 x86 in-box Intel RST RAID driver, I need the original ones.
Since I don’t have access to a running Win10 x86, you should copy the 2 files named iaStorAV.sys and iaStorAV.inf and attach them as ZIP or RAR archive.

The answer may depend on the SATA mode (AHCI or RAID).
Why don’t you try it yourself? Before you do it, I recommend to set a Restore Point.

Ok could you tech me the procedure??
I have a Windows 10 x86 DVD (1809 RS5) and the Installation Windows too

I know I should try myself but that made me a terrible disaster.because I have try Intel RST 14.x 64 bit with my ICH10R AHCI Mode on my Windows 10 Pro before
But it just GSOD with Inaccessible Boot Device.No recovery option avaible(WinRE)…

It quite hard for me to revert those changes(even with system restore)(I need to replace the sys directly on WinPE to get accessible again(but you need to get an Windows DVD first)

That why I’m asking has anyone try to use 14.x on ICH10R AHCI mode.incase I could know which one I mustn’t try on it.

@aaa839 :
The latest Win10 version, which contained the in-box Intel RST RAID driver v13.44.x.xxxx, was v1709. The newer Win10 versions contain the Intel RST driver v15.44.x.xxxx.
You can find the related driver files within the Windows\System32\drivers folder.

I find the files the Inf and Sys
but where is the location of that cat???

@aaa839 :
MS in-box drivers neither have nor need a *.cat file.

I have pm you the link which include the 13.44 ahci x8y version

@aaa839 :
I have sent you the link to the requested mod+signed 32bit Intel RST driver v13.44.0.1026 via PM.
Please report here about your test results.

That was great work<br />The Windows 10 Bundle driver 13.44 work perfectly on my Laptop which is ICH7R AHCI mode (NM10)
I’m using Windows 10 X86 1809 October Update

Hi Fernando,

My Dell desktop with Southbridge ICH10R was having difficulty with driver 15.44.0.1010 under 1803 & 1809. However, it runs perfectly on 1709 & driver 13.44.0.1026.

Just now on 1809 I installed your mod-signed driver 13.2.8.1002 - & the latency issues are gone!

thank you very much :o)

Could you possibly send me a "mod+signed 64bit Intel RST driver v13.44.0.1026" as you did for aaa839?

@dogpark and all interested Forum users:
For testing purposes I attach my recently created mod+signed variants of the Intel RST drivers v13.44.0.1026 dated 02/22/2017 for Win10 x86/x64.
After having imported the Win-RAID CA Certificate, these drivers should be installable onto all Intel chipset systems from ESB2 up, whose on-board Intel SATA Controller is running in AHCI or RAID mode.

Please give us your feedback after having tested the related driver and don’t forget to mention the chipset of your system and the Win10 version/build you are running.
Good luck!

Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID driver v13.44.0.1026 for Win10 x86 mod+signed by Fernando.rar (288 KB)

Universal 64bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID Driver v13.44.0.1026 for Win10 x64 mod+signed by Fernando.rar (326 KB)

Hey Fernando,

The Universal 64bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID Driver v13.44.0.1026 for Win10 x64 mod+signed by Fernando.rar you provided works perfectly on Windows 10 version 1803 build 17134 & also version 1809 build 18252
My system info x58, ICH10R.

again, thank you

Hi Fernando,

Today I upgraded from 1803 to 1809 build 17763.134 & sleep mode is not working. Perhaps when last on 1809 I did not check sleep mode…
If I tell the PC to sleep it pushes me to the login screen.

event viewer says:

& also right behind it:

Since I’d just spent time working on this chipset problem iaStorAV.sys sounded familiar - thought I’d try a different driver.
This one you provided appears to be working well.

Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller
Driver Provider: Intel Corp
Driver Date: 7/9/2015
Driver Version: 13.2.8.1002

The PC now sleeps & also no latency issues.

Thank you

@dogpark :
Thanks for your interesting report.
Question: Why did you install the mod+signed variant of the Intel RAID driver and not the original one?
Since your on-board Intel SATA Controller is running in RAID mode, the WHQL certified driver should work as well. The DeviceID DEV_2822 is natively supported.

Hi Fernando,

Well I was having trouble getting the original one digitally signed. Using one of the .cat files in the 64bit Intel RSTe AHCI & RAID drivers v13.2.8.1002 WHQL did not help. Not quite sure what the signature is on the original one. Must have missed something in your tutorials. Sorry, I’ve never run RAID & before a couple weeks ago had not bothered with the storage drivers.
I’ll go over your Tutorials this weekend & figure out what I’m doing wrong. Didn’t want to go days without responding. Appreciate your assistance.

@dogpark :
Thanks for your reply.

There is no need for doing that, because the original WHQL certified Intel RST drivers have already been digitally signed by Microsoft.

What did you do with the related *.cat file? It doesn’t make any sense to replace, to point onto or to look into any *.cat file, when you want to install any driver. The only important file for the installation procedure is the related *.inf file (nevertheless the *.cat and *.sys files have to be present as well).

Hi Fernando,

I am using driver original 64bit Intel RSTe RAID driver v13.44.0.1026 from download link under Latest/best RST(e) drivers from the v13 platform. Won’t install, keeps saying not digitally signed. Under Digital Signatures it reads Microsoft Windows sha256 digital signature has expired or is not yet valid.

I went searching for Name of signer = Microsoft Windows sha256 in other driver packages to use for certification. Could not find it but did find Intel Corporation - Rapid Storage Technology sh1 & Microsoft Windows hardware Compatibilty Publisher sha256. Neither of which is quite the same. I don’t have any problems installing the other Microsoft Digitally Signed drivers…

However, I was able to get driver original 64bit Intel RSTe RAID driver v13.44.0.1026 installed using troubleshoot > Startup settings > F7. Feels like cheating.
Have been running Latencymon for 35 mins & all looks good.

Altho, my sleep mode problem listed above is back = Event ID’s 26 & 45.

Think I’ll give 11.2.0.1006 a shot :O)

thanks for your patience.