Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed)

As far as I remember I have never offered the original Intel RST RAID driver v13.44.0.1026, because this is the Win10 v1709 in-box Intel RAID driver and doesn’t have a *.cat file. Please post the link to the post, where you found the download link.

From Intel’s RST/RST(e) AHCI/RAID Drivers under Latest/best RST(e) drivers from the v13 platform.
Right, no *.cat file. The reason I was looking elsewhere for one to certify the signature. Just kinda stumbling around here.

btw - 11.2.0.1006 is doing well.

Thanks

@dogpark :
Thanks for your reply.
As written within the linked post, the original Intel RST drivers v13.44.0.1026 are the Win10 v1709 in-box Intel RAID drivers and cannot be used outside this OS or as AHCI driver. As soon as possible I will offer mod+signed variants of the v13.44.0.1026 drivers, which will support all Intel SATA Controllers from ICH7 up in AHCI and RAID mode.

that works? i have a problem with modded driver, when install windows 7, take error after loading driver

@pipes:
You will have to find it out yourself, if these drivers work with Win7.
The “normal” Intel RST drivers have an additional SCSI driver named iaStorF.sys, which will only be used while running Vista or Win7, but such additional SCSI driver is not available for the Win10 in-box Intel RAID driver.

I was wondering if that might be the case. You did state clearly:

but I was having fun experimenting. Have working Windows 10 on the Dell Studio XPS once again & am grateful for that.

The other desktop has ASMedia 3.0 USB, headed over to your topic USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers (original and modded) later today. Thanks for the great forum.

According my usage and experience
I don’t recommend ICH10R using V14 or higher version,It would end up with GSOD/BSOD with InAcessible Boot Devices error.
The last working driver for ICH10R was 13.xx Series.
Btw,Did you test the performance with 13.2.x and 13.44?
Which has higher speed and low latency?

Yes, I have done benchmark tests with both driver versions in May/June 2018. >Here< I have published the results.

Update of the Start Post:
Changelog:

• new:
    • Universal 32/64bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID drivers v13.44.0.1026 dated 02/22/2017 for Win10 x86/x64 modified and digitally signed by me at 11/06/2018

Note: Since the 32/64bit Intel RST Software Sets v13.44.0.1026 are not available, I cannot offer them.
Please give us your feedback, if you have tested one of the above listed mod+signed drivers!

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando
with version 11.2 I have the problem during the installation, it does not load it with windows 7

Hi guys. After installing 16.7 modded driver , i would like to install the software aswell, but it doesnt work - the progress bar moves forward, but then it backs out and nothing happens. Is there any way to make it work ? I tried 16.5 driver + soft also, the same problem. Forgot to mention: i use Dell Precision M6800 + win10 1809

@izajasz :
The manufacturer and the model of your system is not important. What I need to know is either the chipset of your Dell system and the SATA mode (AHCI/RAID) you are using or - even better - the HardwareIDs of your on-board Intel SATA Controller.

The hardware id of the controller is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C03&SUBSYS_05CD1028&REV_04 . Im using it in AHCI mode. Its the mobile QM87 i presume. *its a haswell based platform"

@izajasz :
Thanks for the HardwareIDs of the Intel SATA AHCI Controller, which verify, that your system has an Intel 8-Series chipset.
I suspect, that you were not able to install the v16 platform Intel RST Software, because your system does not support all features, which are implemented into the v16 platform RST Software.
Why do/did you try to install the Intel RST Software at all? This only makes sense for systems with an Intel RAID array.

Intel dont release official driver for this SATA controller? More info from me:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_31E3&SUBSYS_84D6103C&REV_03
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_31E3&SUBSYS_84D6103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_31E3&CC_010601
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_31E3&CC_0106

Intel® Celeron® N4000 Processor

Thanks!

@toto221 :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

No, none of Intel’s RST drivers natively supports your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller.
If you want, I can offer a mod+signed variant of a suitable Intel RST driver, but I need to know the chipset of your system.
Please let me know it.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thank You for Your clarification, Fernando. Im a full driver junkie and i like the software feature to show drive details etc, but its not necessary. I just wanted to install whole driver exprience, thats all. Which software should work with my chipset exept 14 series?

All Intel RST(e) Drivers & Software Sets, which belong to the v12, v13 or v14 platform, natively do support Intel 8-Series chipset SATA AHCI Controllers.

hi Fernando!

first of all i want to thank you for your amazing and dedicated support to this entire section, it help a lot of users who rely on notsorecent hardware like me

i have an ancient x58 asus rampage 2 extreme motherboard that mount the ICH10R chipset and i am on a raid10 setup. I have a problem with a fresh win10 install related to the irs driver that comes with installation (15.44.0.2020) and it cause a freeze in my system when there’s some moderate-to-high use of hard drives. Until now i solved it with the installation of the official 11.7.4.1001 drivers+software set from intel but lately it starts to break up windows boot, and every time it’s not recoverable in any ways (automatic repair, bcdboot and booterc commands in terminal ecc) so i have to format the entire system; and it starts to highly hit on my nerves. In a desperate search to fix the compatibility of win10 to my old system i landed here and want to ask you if there’s a cure for that. I already tried to install your modded 11.7.4.1001 driver but the installation fails.

Help me please

@Spaligor :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

The best way to avoid the automatic installation of the Win10 in-box Intel RAID driver v15.44.0.1010 is to use a Win10 image, where you had removed the related driver and inserted a better compatible one according >this< thread.

What does that mean? What happened?
Did you import the Win-RAID CA Certificate before trying to install the modded driver? Did you force the installation by using the “Have Disk” button?

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)