Modded NVMe Drivers for Intel(R) Optane Controllers

No. Look >here<.

Before you are going to install any mod+signed drivers, you should install the related Certificate. >Here< is a guide how to do it.

You cannot update or replace the driver for a device, which is listed within the “Disks” section of the Device Manager. If you want to replace Microsoft’s in-box NVMe driver, you should expand the “Storage Controllers” section and update the driver for the listed NVMe Controller.

Fernando, these drivers work great. Performance gains are hit/miss. For reference, this is a X670E based system with a 9800X3D and a 1.6TB P5800X.

Stock driver.

Modded 5.3.0.1010 driver
CrystalDiskMark_20250213215212

Seems like 4KQ32T1 locks to one core and wont spread the load in both drivers.

One thing to note is that the modded driver does not fully support direct storage. See below

Any other drivers to try?

Fernando hello! I have a problem with optane p5800x 400gb plugged via m2 converter on x670 amd chipset all of these running in windows 7 x64 esu. Drive shows excellent performance around 9us latency, but there is a slight issue device manager shows > 100 optane devices. I want to install your modded driver, but without any luck, since when i select to replace driver with yours system reports that i am already on actual driver (ms one). After i removed all devices manually windows installed same native driver. Any hints mr. Fernando?

Which one? I have modded a lot of drivers!
Which are the HardwareIDs of your SSD’s NVMe Controller?

That is quite normal, because Microsoft’s Operating Systems prefer Microsoft’s drivers or drivers, which have been digitally signed by Microsoft (WHQL stamp).

Nevertheless it is possible to get any compatible mod+signed driver installed, if you do the following:

  1. Import the Certificate of the modded driver.
  2. Force the installation by using the “update driver” > “browse my computer” > “let me pick…” options, press the “Have Disk” button and navigate to the desired driver files.
1 Like

First of all thanks for lightning fast reply!

It looks like i already figured out things by myself, but despite this i have more questions if you don’t mind. I used this driver:
64bit Intel NVMe Driver v3.0.0.1013 for Win7-11 mod+signed by Fernando
to update NVME controller but not the drive. And everything worked, phantoms disappeared.
And i have benchmark results. Testbed machine: 7950X + 64Gb RAM.
Energy savings like C-states and ASMP are disabled.

Modded driver delivered better latency, 4k RND Q1T1 and IOPS in mix mode.
Stock is better at SEQ1M Q1T1 and substantively better.
Is there any newwer version of driver for Windows 7?
As i understand Windows 8 is no go for Windows 7, right?

I would like to get your professional opinion on that.

I don’t know the answers, because I haven’t run Win7 or Win8 myself since more than 10 years.

Hi, is Optane H20 supported by those drivers?

I would love it if I can have it work in a laptop.

It was my understanding it was only supported by the RST driver of a specific version on a specific platform.

I’m using a Dell Lattitude 7490 with an i7-8650U cpu.

Thanks!