Modified NVFlash v5.667.0

@ket - So how would user know what to add/remove and where?
So one of the many test files I made for Chinobino may work, or maybe even first original mod too, but he needed to hard-mod card first, is that what you mean?

Could I please have the password?

@Lost_N_BIOS yup cards need hard modding as well now. Donā€™t know if that is all cards or just some but you need unlocked software and hardware now basically.

Hello please tell me with the help of what program I can unlock the TDP of the video card 3060 12 Gb and increase it, now it is 170 watts maximum but the video card has more potential

tks very much

HI

I am looking for some help. @ket , @Lost_N_BIOS , @chinobino

I have a ge75 laptop with optimus and bga RTX2080Super 150W TDP (10DE 1E93 variant) and wanted to rise the TDP to 200W. Power section can handle this without issue after some investigation. Cooling is also sufficient for this TDP and I have also used LM paste.

My laptops original BGA GPU vbios in a non uefi rom with 150W TDP. I donā€™t want to do a shunt mod so I have started to look for some higher TDP rated vbioses and found Aorus rom, I did a quick check and first this rom is uefi enabled and have 150W target TDP and 200W limit TDP, so I tought, okey should work. I flashed it with nvflash 5.670patch3 from this thread and all went good card booted fine and even it was working in uefi mode but the tdp was still 150W. I tried to use nvidia-smi.exe to set it to 200W but it said that tdp change is not supported on this card, so came to conclusion that the 200W TDP is enabled on aourus by some EC changes.

Next vbios I have tried was the rom from MSI gt76 laptop. Flashed fine but card is not starting properl, gpu-z does not report pixel filter rate, bandwith and so on. Ok this rom is from mxm card with 1ED3 variant so it wont work.

Than I found rom from dell area51m R2 pure 200W tdp card plus tiny rised extreme power limits and also a 1E93 variant as my card. Flashed it with nvflash 5.670 from this thread andā€¦ it flashed fine butā€¦ here is interesting part. After flashing if I donā€™t restart the laptop after flashing the card works fine, gpu-z shows that all is fine, I can disable and reenable card in device manager, I can run some benchmarks, games, and the tdp is 200W, some nice bumps in performance, but as soon as I restart the laptop when it tries to enter windows it ends up in black screen. So I am entering safe mode, disabled nvidia gpu in safe mode and I reflashed the original rom.
I tried to update the area51 vbios with older gop and also newer gop but I am ending with same situation. I tried also dumping the vbios just after flashing the area51 because I thought that until I restart laptop, it keeps some information regarding conection configuration(or how to boot/start the card) and to my surprise the dumped vbios was different in some regions to the original area51 rom but even after flashing this strange rom the situation with black screen hapened again.

For now I am sticking to my original rom but as some parts of vbios are not restricted from modding by the hulk certificate, maybe there is possibility to port some configuration settings from my original rom or aorus rom into the are51m rom so it could be flashable with nvflash and the card could boot normaly without black screen. I also have programer ch341a if s*** hapens. But I am not very much skilled in hex editing.

I you guys are interested in investigating this topic and helping me, below is a link to the vbioses. (1. my original dumped vbios, 2. aorus vbios, 3. area51m r2 vbios, and 4. area51 vbios dumped after flashing on top of original rom but system was not restarted so the card was still functional)

https://www37.zippyshare.com/v/rzXF5nZF/file.html

Also some additional interesting finding is after I have enabled above 4g decoding via RU on latest bios for ge75 (This option is not visible after key unlock combo in bios, but is present when I was looking into the bios with amibcp, so I extracted pci setting with uefi tool and found the bit I need to change in RU to set above4gdecoding enabled after using ifr tool) is that hwinfo reports that Re-Bar function is supported but not enabled. But I don know if the part of the vbios from RTX3xxx cards that enebles re-bar can be ported back into the RTX2xxx series. Especialy after this leak https://videocardz.com/newz/galax-and-gaā€¦ablebar-support were we have unofficial rebar enable tools for 3xxx series
Some reverse engineering and maybe it is possible to port it to 2xxx Series
Or maybe in this tools to eneble re-bar there is a certificate that is needed to mod the vbioses

Thank you guys

@Krzyslaw Unlike the MSI GE75, the Dell Area 51m does not use Optimus - the GPU is hardwired to the monitor. This is likely why you get a black screen when you reboot and the Dell VBIOS is loaded.

I had a hunt around for any VBIOS that allowed for 150+ Watts for Device ID 10DE 1E93 but only came up with the same one as you (90.04.96.00.9A Dell RTX 2080 Super) and many others with much lower TDP.

As you know, modifying any Turing VBIOS is difficult because of Nvidiaā€™s encryption and the need for a hardware programmer, sorry I canā€™t be of more help.

@chinobino ok, this is some sort of explanation but why it is working after flashing. The direct rom dump after flashing just before restart gives rom with more data in hex than pure Dell rom. You can compare the files from the link I have posted. But still there is black screen after restart. Is it possible to transfer need data to change how The monitor ia connected? Is it encrypted part of Nvidia Rom or not?
Is it even possible to edit stock Rom power limit values without geting error43 Code?

@Krzyslaw The VBIOS display output configuration is loaded on boot and when a different VBIOS is flashed by Nvflash in Windows the dGPU is still running the video output configuration from boot.

When you reboot after flashing the Dell VBIOS the output configuration has changed to a display output configuration that is incompatible with your laptop.

I flashed many different VBIOS to my 2070 and some of them resulted in black screen on reboot due to different display output configurations (such as the Asus RTX 2070 Dual EVO Advanced and the Zotac RTX 2070 Mini OC)

Ok, but are you aware if the vbios display output configuration is in the encrypted part of vbios or not? Do you know where it is starting in HEX, so I could take a look and try to compare?

@Krzyslaw Nope.

need cert2 bypass !! :smiley:

ID or sub
SUB -6 "subsystem skip"
ID -5 "force flash"

nvflash64 -5 -6 new.rom ,.,.,.full overdrive gpu ??

sometimes +
nvflash64 --protectoff

Hello! ket , Can you send password in PM?
NVFlash v5.667 Patched 1
NVFlash v5.670.0 Patched 3

Hello! Could you please send me the password in PM? Thank you!

awesome, thank you!!

@Krzyslaw
Hi. Can you please upload your original bios again. File already expired.

Hi ! Could you please send me the password in PM? Appreciate !!

Hi. Can ket or someone please send PM the password for NVFlash v5.670.0 Patched 3? Not able to send a message myself it seems. Thank you guys.

@ket Do you have a patched nvflash that can override the following things:
overrideboard
overridesub
overridetype

Iā€™ve tried patch 3 and it doesnā€™t seem to be able to override unless Iā€™m doing the parameters incorrectly in cmd

Hi, can you send password in PM plz?