MSI Z170a GAMING PRO CARBON ( need bios update for i9 9900k) WILL PAY 20Euro for your time!

Hello Guys!!! (Sory about my english ) .

I try to upload (mod) my bios and want to put it i9 9900k for MSI Z170a GAMING PRO CARBON , anyway when i download the tools ye share here ( [TOOL] Easy automated Mod tool for Coffee Lake bios) my win 10 or chrome detect virus ( i know strange ) and straigh delete files from the computer. I cant even try to do it my self… fight with that few days and cant do it… please if someone have big heart and can do it for me that mod and upload rdy bios to flash? . guys please help!!
mobo MSI Z170a GAMING PRO CARBON
my bios : 7A12v18 (2017)

Edit by Fernando: Thread title shortened and customized

@tsrr - What is your new CPU SSPEC >> SRELS or SRG19? Read it off the top of the chip.
Also, what is your old/current CPU, so I can leave it’s microcode in the BIOS (give me it’s SSPEC if you know too, in case there is more than one variant)

Also, do below so we can see if you can properly flash entire BIOS or not

If you have already modified the BIOS in ANY way, you will need to re-flash it back to factory defaults using factory method (NOT FPT)!!!

If you do not have Intel ME drivers installed, install them now from your system driver download page, then start over here after reboot.
Check your BIOS’ main page and see if ME FW version is shown. If not then > DOWNLOAD HWINFO64 HERE <

Once HWINFO is open, look at the large window on the left side, expand motherboard, and find the ME area.
Inside that section is the ME Firmware version. Take note of the version. (ie. write it down or get a screenshot)

Once you have that, go to the thread linked below, and in the section “C.2” find and download the matching ME System Tools Package for your system.
(ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
> DOWNLOAD " ME System Tools " packages HERE <

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and then inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder (NOT x64).
Highlight that Win/Win32 folder, then hold shift and press right click. Choose “open command window here” (Not power shell! >> * See Registry file below ).

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

((If “open command window here” does not appear, look for the “Simple Registry Edit” below…))

Now you should be at the command prompt.
You are going to BACKUP the factory un-modified firmware, so type the following command:
Command: " FPTw.exe -d SPI.bin "

>> Attach the saved "SPI.bin ", placed into a compressed ZIP/RAR file, to your next post!!! <<

Right after you do that, try to write back the SPI dump and see if you get any error(s).
Command: " FPTw.exe -f SPI.bin "
^^ This step is important! Don’t forget! ^^

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

Here is a SIMPLE REGISTRY EDIT that adds “Open command window here as Administrator” to the right click menu, instead of Power Shell
Double-click downloaded file to install. Reboot after install may be required
> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CMD PROMPT REGISTRY ENTRY <

Ohh no! I see this in CoffeeTime when re-testing the automatic method to double check something! >> This MSI motherboard can’t works with Coffee CPUs rev. U0/P0 - without changing BIOS region from compatible Z370 donor (if it exists).
Please wait!

@svarmod - Is there known work around or donor Z370 BIOS region for this model?

@dsanke @chinobino
Any known BIOS I can use as base source for this mod, to transfer in his details and or finalize mod?
I do several bits of the advanced mod inserted manually on this BIOS, due to added padding file happens otherwise, but may not apply to donor region etc.
So I don’t need mod BIOS really only need to know what to use as starting base source for this model.

Edit - Oddly, I see any such warning with Revlaay’s tool? So is this only some MSI Z170 BIOS and svarmod is aware and Revelaay isn’t?

@Lost_N_BIOS Here is a modified 7A12v19 BIOS for the MSI Z170a Gaming PRO Carbon ported from Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon A40, it supports Coffee Lake hexacore (906EA) and quad core (906EB). You might want to try inserting octacore (906EC/906ED) and testing it or alternatively use as a basis for the latest 7A12v1A BIOS and port it yourself.

Author: @Udontknowme
Motherboard: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon
Based on: v19
ME: 11.7.0.1229
Microcodes: 06EA(0x84), 06EB(0x84), 06E9(0x84), 06E3(0xC2)
Tested with: i3 7100, i5 8400
Note: Flash with fptdos (fpt -f) or SPI Programmer, Bios is based on Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon A40, full functionality within UEFI.
Note: All RAM slots, both GPU slots and M2 are working.
2 SATA Ports on the bottom and power leds are not working.
RGB Leds can’t be controlled through msi app. Change the color/effect to your liking before flashing.

Me-11.7_Z170AGPC_CFL.bin.7z

@chinobino - thanks! We’ll test that first, and then see about newer BIOS. I am not 100% sure on how port works, if it’s just BIOS region swap or if ME FW also swapped (and how, since many ways to do that settings-wise)
@tsrr - Please send me PM with your LAN MAC ID so I can put into above BIOS while I also add your microcodes.

I have the same motherboard and original bios 7A12v1A from 2018-07-13 (Intel(R) Core™ i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz)
One thing that annoys me is syslog of kernel on my Linux PC:

ACPI BIOS Error (bug): Could not resolve symbol [\_SB.PCI0.SAT0.PRT0._GTF.DSSP], AE_NOT_FOUND (20200326/psargs-330)
ACPI Error: Aborting method \_SB.PCI0.SAT0.PRT0._GTF due to previous error (AE_NOT_FOUND) (20200326/psparse-529)
ACPI BIOS Error (bug): Could not resolve symbol [\_SB.PCI0.SAT0.PRT2._GTF.DSSP], AE_NOT_FOUND (20200326/psargs-330)
ACPI Error: Aborting method \_SB.PCI0.SAT0.PRT2._GTF due to previous error (AE_NOT_FOUND) (20200326/psparse-529)
ACPI BIOS Error (bug): Could not resolve symbol [\_SB.PCI0.SAT0.PRT1._GTF.DSSP], AE_NOT_FOUND (20200326/psargs-330)
ACPI Error: Aborting method \_SB.PCI0.SAT0.PRT1._GTF due to previous error (AE_NOT_FOUND) (20200326/psparse-529)
ACPI BIOS Error (bug): Could not resolve symbol [\_SB.PCI0.SAT0.PRT0._GTF.DSSP], AE_NOT_FOUND (20200326/psargs-330)
ACPI Error: Aborting method \_SB.PCI0.SAT0.PRT0._GTF due to previous error (AE_NOT_FOUND) (20200326/psparse-529)
ACPI BIOS Error (bug): Could not resolve symbol [\_SB.PCI0.SAT0.PRT2._GTF.DSSP], AE_NOT_FOUND (20200326/psargs-330)
ACPI Error: Aborting method \_SB.PCI0.SAT0.PRT2._GTF due to previous error (AE_NOT_FOUND) (20200326/psparse-529)
ACPI BIOS Error (bug): Could not resolve symbol [\_SB.PCI0.SAT0.PRT3._GTF.DSSP], AE_NOT_FOUND (20200326/psargs-330)
ACPI Error: Aborting method \_SB.PCI0.SAT0.PRT3._GTF due to previous error (AE_NOT_FOUND) (20200326/psparse-529)
ata4.00: NCQ Send/Recv Log not supported
ACPI BIOS Error (bug): Could not resolve symbol [\_SB.PCI0.SAT0.PRT3._GTF.DSSP], AE_NOT_FOUND (20200326/psargs-330)
ACPI Error: Aborting method \_SB.PCI0.SAT0.PRT3._GTF due to previous error (AE_NOT_FOUND) (20200326/psparse-529)
ACPI BIOS Error (bug): Could not resolve symbol [\_SB.PCI0.SAT0.PRT1._GTF.DSSP], AE_NOT_FOUND (20200326/psargs-330)
ACPI Error: Aborting method \_SB.PCI0.SAT0.PRT1._GTF due to previous error (AE_NOT_FOUND) (20200326/psparse-529)

Anybody knows this issue can be fixed or not?

It will be fixed?

Thanks.

Sorry to necro this thread, but as I have the same board I would like to find out if those issues have been fixed?

@9700k These issues are still present and no new modified BIOS has been made.

Sorry to re-necro this thread, but I have this exact motherboard and an i7-8086K that I want to use with it. Would the modded bios in the response I quoted work for me or would I need to alter it in some way? Many thanks for any help anyone could provide.