msi z490 unify bios mod

Yes, that is the only place this is located, as I mentioned.

In post #17 I discuss TWO different edits (Change suppression & Change Access Level), in TWO different modules (Setup & AMITSE/SetupData).
Do first edit in setup only, then test. If still not visible, then do second one on top of that mod BIOS, in AMITSE/SetupData module.

Also Setup and SetupData (Actual >> AMITSE/SetupData) are not the same BIOS module at all! AMITSE/SetupData, you will find below AMITSE, or within expanded AMITSE module itself (some BIOS), usually near bottom of DXE volume (same volume w/ setup)
What you show in image above is Setup module, NOT SetupData - Donā€™t get these confused or mix them up while editing

in amisetupdata body I cannot find the hexadecimal sequence, that option from unmodified bios is not visible

Please see my edits above, I edited probably 3-5 times while you were replying
That ā€œsequenceā€ is not in AMITSE/SetupData, not at all. Please read over what I wrote about AMITSE/SetupData and how to find/edit at post #17 (last sentence there is all there is about this, nothing else related to this in that post, only last line)

If you canā€™t get it figured out, let me know and I will do the edit, then send you before/after both modified modules so you can see the edit, and two BIOS to test (one with Setup edit only, and second with both Setup + AMITSE/SetupData edit)
Similar edit also explained in post #10, but for different BIOS setting

Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s right, but offset 15h should be fifth value horizontally, counting offset value is 0, right? because if it is not so I need someone to explain to me a little bit to read the hexadecimal in the hex editing software, be patient friend but Iā€™m a bit of a blind

Youā€™re still mixing up the two different module edits I discussed. 15th byte edit comments do NOT apply to anything inside ā€œSetupā€ module (Shown in your image, selected tab is ā€œSetupā€ module)
Additionally, the bytes you have highlighted in the image are not used to locate/edit anything AMITSE/SetupData, and will not be found in there either. See post #17 for how to find area to edit in AMITSE/SetupData and what the 15th byte comment applies to after you locate this area
As mentioned, if you want, I will do both edits, and send you before/after files, so you can then see what is done and you will then understand right away

ok, if you want to change, after you send it to me I will try to understand the change because I have no idea where to look for the byte 15h

Here, please pay attention to how I extracted these modules, if you use them to insert into any BIOS. I extract setup PE32 ā€œAs-Isā€ and AMITSE/SetupData BODY, after expanded all the way with UEFITool, inside select SetupData and extract BODY.
This only important if you use these modules, otherwise you can extract/replace however you are used to.
Otherwise, just use these so you can compare side by side stock and Mod files, to see the edits.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?filā€¦868177934846405

Setup PE32 edit should be tested in mod BIOS by itself first
Then, if not visible, make new mod BIOS with both Setup PE32 & AMISTE/SetupData edit in BIOS at same time

I have find amitsesetupdata, i replace as body with uefitool, i flash with fpt command
--------------------------------

that modding no wrok, freeze my bios

@pipes80 - Sounds like you replaced incorrect module w/ wrong files, or incorrect module in incorrect way etc. The files are fine, itā€™s just user insert error
Thatā€™s why I said be careful if you used those files, I expected that would happen and hoped you would not insert them unless you were 100% sure how, asked for more info etc!
Better you extract/replace your own files your own way, just use my files to look at side by side with hex editor, then make your own same edit.

If you want to know exactly what you did wrong, send me the file you flashed in and I will check it and let you know, show you in images etc
I assume probably you didnā€™t expand AMITSE/SetupData and select SetupData and then replace BODY. But, could be you replaced Setup PE32 as-is incorrectly (if you did not expand to PE32, select it, then replace as-is)
Hard to say, Iā€™d have to see your file you flashed

Could also be UEFITool version used, if you have not already replaced these modules with version you are using and flashed a mod BIOS already and itā€™s OK (due to padding remove/add issue)
I have not checked if this BIOS has issues relating to that or not, suggest you use 25.0

Or, send me your original FPT BIOS region dump, and I will do the edit inserts for you if you want?

And, you should be following my instructions!! Setup edit only should have been tested first, what was the outcome of that edit/flash??

I will try as you told me but it is not new as a problem to not see the oc screen in the bios anymore ā€¦ yes I expanded the pe32 as I always do and went directly to the pe32 image section and I replace the body and rebuilt

Please see edits above In files I sent, there is no ā€œreplace PE32 BODYā€, only replace PE32 As-Is and that only applies to Setup PE32.
AMITSE/SetupData must be expand down to SetupData and then that exact module selected and replaced as BODY. Send me the file you edited and flashed, I will tell you what was wrong
Did you test the setup edit only by itself? Even if you tested earlier, before I sent you files. If yes, what happened with that ONLY?

What?? Sorry, what you mention about OC section, not sure what you mean? Or what BIOS you are using at that time etc.

same problem, freeze at oc opening schedule here my mod in picture
-------------------------

is the overclocking section of the bios

First image "Setupdata.bin" this is not setupdata anything, this is setup PE32, sounds like you are not replacing something correctly still.
Yes, I know what OC section of the BIOS is

Since you did not send me BIOS you edited to checkā€¦ Are you flashing stock BIOS mod with M-Flash, or are you flashing FPT mod BIOS region? If FPT mod BIOS region, please send me your original FPT Dump, I will edit it.
If stock BIOS flash via M-Flash, let me know, I will make you two BIOS with setup edit to test something out about not being able to enter OC section of the BIOS

the setupdata image I compared it with yours and it is identical, so I donā€™t know, maybe the problem of the bios block is something else, I used both ways to flash the bios

Yes, but how you replace is the issue here I was thinking. And the file names, and folder names you are using to keep files in are incorrect (As I outlined above), so Iā€™m sure this is causing some confusion on yoru end vs the actual BIOS and what I describe etc

Please send me the BIOS you flashed that messes up the BIOS, first one you made after I sent you files, then I can see if you are replacing wrong or not.
The issue may be the setup edit, but I need to check what youā€™re flashing first to rule that out. MSI BIOS picky sometimes, so setup edit may need to be different, but I canā€™t tell you for sure until I see what you flashed (or I send you stock BIOS I edited and you test and get same result)

This nothing to do with BIOS lock, that only blocks you from flashing if enabled.
So, are you going to send me your edit so I can check if you inserted my files I sent correctly, or do you want me to just make same edit and send you BIOS and you test and let me know if same outcome or not?

where i send the file bios compressed? is 10 MB?
---------------------

i send mega link https://mega.nz/file/rwpnRQjT#0lcaWowJ42ā€¦cG01IuTskr90E_M

Max compress, upload to any free file host. You donā€™t need to quote me every reply, itā€™s only us talking
Thanks, I will check and let you know. If files are in there OK, then I will make you BIOS to test with different setup edit, in case that is the issue, then if itā€™s OK, I will show you that edit method instead (Itā€™s just different unsupress method)

What BIOS did you stick these into? I have not checked yet, but I sent you files from A3

* Edit @pipes80 - OK, looks good, no issue with your replacement edit! However, what you sent has issues with edit and build/test method!
First, you have stock Setup PE32 in there, and ONLY mod AMITSE/SetupData in there <<< And in this, you have edited Wrong setting (OC Retry Count = BB 0E >> Should be one under BA 0E)
First, you need to edit setup PE32 ONLY, and test that by itself. Cannot have AMITSE/SetupData edit only. After test of Setup PE32 changes only, then, if setting not visible, you ALSO edit AMITSE/SetupData along with the Setup PE32 edit in there too

So, since we still know nothing here, donā€™t know if the setup PE32 method I showed you is causing issue, or how you were trying edits backwards, please test this BIOS below
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?filā€¦854084588074618

Can you enter BIOS? If yes, can you see OC Section, and enter it? If yes, inside OC, can you now see Test Item 5713648? Or, does BIOS freeze once you enter OC section?
If you can see, and enter OC, but still do not see the setting, or it frrezes inside OC, let me know and I will add correct AMITSE/SetupData on top of this.
If you cannot enter BIOS, or OC Section, then we know unsupress needs done other way (I will show you)
Please answer all questions above, one by one, thanks

* Edit 2 - While Iā€™m here, just in case above setup only edit fails, and then we know why, here is other way to unsuppress this setting, and BIOS to test
Same questions >> Can you enter BIOS? If yes, can you see OC Section, and enter it? If yes, inside OC, can you now see Test Item 5713648? Or, does BIOS freeze once you enter OC section?
If you can see, and enter OC, but still do not see the setting or it freezes inside, let me know and I will add correct AMITSE/SetupData on top of this.

Here is how this one is edited vs/different than the way I showed you earlier- Files all have same name as stock, donā€™t mix them up
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?filā€¦421915726224970

Unsuppress edit (original messy way, but maybe more ā€œMSIā€ Compatible, or at least more compatible with this MSI BIOS)

Before >>
Suppress If {0A 82}
True {46 02} << Edit 46 >> 47
Gray Out If {19 82}
QuestionId: 0x115D equals value 0x1 {12 06 5D 11 01 00} << Edit 01 >> FF

After edit becomes >>
Suppress If {0A 82}
False {47 02}
Gray Out If {19 82}
QuestionId: 0x115D equals value 0xFF {12 06 5D 11 FF 00}

I can access at BIOS but at oc section the bios freeze. This night I send other bios and setup data and setup data amitse modded and original, ok?

Please see my edit above If BOTH freeze once you enter OC section, then let me know and I will add AMITSE/SetupData edit on top of both, so you can then test both again
No, I donā€™t need you to send me anything, I have all I need. Lets just test this out how Iā€™m outlining, then once all OK, if you still need more info on which edits work and how they were done I will explain more.
Iā€™m making both of those BIOS now, will edit in here, but test both BIOS above before testing these (once link added)

* Edit - Here is both of above Setup PE32 edited BIOS + AMITSE/SetupData edit on top of each, test both, one should work if both above freeze at OC section.
If 2nd BIOS above works and no freeze in OC Section, but you canā€™t see the setting still, then only test #2 from this package.
If #2 above freeze same way when you enter OC, then both of these will need to be tested, to see which edit method was the issue (if either), both may be OK and just needed setup + AMITSE/SetupData edit at same time or freeze
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?filā€¦829635465076204

Bios test 2 work and you can see the test item 5713648 in the pciture.
I compared the 2 modules you modified and original, to get the item setting, I saw that you modified the part in setupdata in a different way, right?
compared to the previous changes you made

IMG_20201123_232830.jpg