[Need Help] Bricked ASUS A75VM Notebook BIOS

What exactly did you do arekbis?

I updated the BIOS version from 208 to 234 using the BIOS FLASH UTYLITY. When finished, the message "Veryfi Error Rom update not Success" appeared. After reboot is the black screen.

I am trying to upload version 208 downloaded from ASUS website via pen usb, changing the file to AMIBIOR.ROM, but nothing helps

I thought that it would’nt work. you need a programmer with testclip so you can flash from and to the chip.

i used an ezp2010 with a test clip like this one https://www.ebay.de/c/9015823927#oid264280342721

ok what next Upload the latest version file?
The BIOS chip is extracted in ASUS K75VM?

Before you write anything to the chip, dump your BIOS and upload here for someone to check, this way you know you have working software version and chip ID combo, otherwise it could be a bad dump and you will loose your board specific details (serial, UUID, LAN MAC ID etc)
Once someone confirms you have a good BIOS dump made, then they can take your details and put them into a new clean BIOS for you to program back in. What is your BIOS chip ID (look on the chip itself)

Thanks for your help. I’ll try to do it : )

DEAR FRIEND i have the same issue downloaded bios version 234 for my asus K75VM from asus website launched it whit winflash and it coulnd verify then my nightmare started black screen no display but everything works even fan now not spinning. So please i just want a video or clear explanation on how you did step by step please help me out and im not really that good at understanding softwares so im awaiting for your replyy.
My Laptop is Asus
MODEL K75V
MB Ver K75VM

@GOATWADE - You need flash programmer such as CH341A + SOIC8 test clip with cable, and you will have to open the system up. Let me know if you need linked examples of those items on ebay.

Thank you for your quick reply the thing is I’m not good at doing programmer thing and other things relating to replacing chip or stuffs like that :sob:. Is that the only solution possible for my problem ? otherwise i will need to pay 100$ to RPA it I’m sad right now.
Thank you sir.

Hello!

I have the same problem and have dumped the bios chip. i hope that someone can help my with my black displayed k75vm from asus.
The Chip is an MXIC MX 25L6406E and i made the dump file with ASProgrammer.

Greets

dump file k75vm.rar (3.51 MB)

I tried to open the dump with MMTools but there is a message that the file is corrupt…
Can you please help me?

Greets from Austria
Markus

You got the last volume from 2.16 and the second last volume from 2.34. What did you do to your bios? Use UEFIToolNE for checking the structure…

I simply replaced the last volume with the one from 2.34, should work if this was the only error. Try the attached file…

dump file k75vm_rep.zip (3.57 MB)

Hi!

Thank you very much for helping me.
I dont know, updated the laptop to windows 10, after that i connected to the internet and than the laptop frozen…
The laptop does not boot anymore and shows a black screen only. the operating led and fan are working…

I will try to flash your repaired file now, thank you very much.

Greets

Hello again, i tried to flash the repaired dump and there is a message at verify progress "Chip Main Memory with the contents are in disagreement"

Software is CH341A Programmer 1.34

EDIT: Try to change the software to ASProgrammer and flashed the software, but screen is black all the time. :frowning:

Is it possible to get back the the first ever bios version?

the screen is on, but the system says i should enter a password!!!

There’s no meaning in changing the file as long as you don’t get it flashed properly.

Most times it’s the clamp not attached properly. Program the chip, if verify says OK, read the chip again, save the freshly read content to a new file and compare the original file and the new file they have to be bitwise 100% identical.

it works for now, the system needs a pass :open_mouth:

Well, that’s in your dump? How did you check that the dump you made was correct?

Did this Notebook work before and what happened that the Notebook did no longer work first time?

And how did you check this time that the chip swas flashed 100% properly?

There was no possword or anything else before…
Yes it worked before 8 years on windows 7 without any update or anything else.

Do you know whats the next steps?