[Need Help] Corrupted ASUS G513QY-HQ025W BIOS

Hey, I need help with fixing corrupted bios. I changed 4g encoding and smartshift setting in bios which worked with older bios but this time it corrupted bios without possibility to reset it. Thanks for help and answers in advance

Laptop info:
Laptop model: G513QY-HQ025W
Motherboard Model: G713-6050A3254002-MB-A01(A1)
CPU:Ryzen 9 5980hx

GPU:AMD RX 6800M

G513QYAS331-broken.rar (6.3 MB)
G513QYAS331.zip (8.0 MB)

Edit by Fernando: Thread title shortened

looks like you can flash the second bios you provided directly.
just remove 2KiB(0x800 in hex) cap header before you flash.

1 Like

Hey, I already tried flash some other clean version of bios (316) also dump from other guy with same laptop and laptop shows strange behavior. With fresh dump it doesnt even react to power button and with preinstalled dump it starts but after first bios asus logo and sound there is black screen forever. I checked gpu,cpu and its working so there is only issue with bios/kbc. Thats why I wanted try original bios

Have you tried, when the system still powers up and shows logo, to use USB drive only with the file as .BIN (G513QYAS.BIN), some models need CTRL+HOME quickly pressed after PWR ON. Suggested by some users with G15 laptops (G512/G513)
I don’t think the Asus file is a ready image to program, it’s an Asus bios update file.

EDIT: What’s the origin of the 2 zip files posted?
Witch one is the original dump of your laptop or is this a dump after used the dump web you found?

1 Like

I tried to boot to bios and usb stick but it didnt reacted for any buttons. With normal working bios at least with this laptop it repeats boot logo at least 2-3 times during restart then it boots to system but here after first boot there was black screen and nothing else. I didnt tried key combination that u suggested me tho, maybe its some hint.

update: I found the guy on youtube that repairs laptops and he had same problem with bit newer asus laptop, after first asus logo boot there was black screen in his case ctrl+alt+delete combination helped, will try that soon and let you know guys

G513QYAS331-broken.rar is my corrupted bios and other is a file from asus site but I also have dump from other people already preinstalled if that would help somehow

It seems the machine specific data are in the Non- UEFI data block at 0xC1090 (0xC1000 to 0xC9000)

But I don’t think they are necessary to boot the machine…

I think the stock bios should boot, but on the other hand, it’s AMD with lots of (at least for me) unstructured data written virtually everywhere in padding.

I tried to merge data and etc but its too much for me and sectors of bios looks different in 2 bioses from same laptop but different people

G513QYAS331-broken.rar (6.3 MB) try this one just changed 1 broken volumin your original SPI DUMP if this one not work try next what have replaced first 2 volumins rest is same.
G513QYAS331-brokennr2.rar (6.3 MB)
hope you dont need desolder chip to verify :sweat_smile:
also try verify if content of chip is same as buffered image

I tried this bios and kbc but still after first boot and asus logo screen stays black, i tried erase kbc and then check if it will program by itself but still nothing, screen stays black all time, I was waiting around 10 minutes but nothing. This laptop is a black magic, I have no ideas already. Before laptop was able to boot only with clear DMI so no serials etc

I hope you have dump EC if yes try to find EC code in your BIOS and look if there are some difference also your BIOS is 331 and on site is also 320 so you can try this one.

https://vinafix.com/threads/2021-rog-strix-g15-advantage-edition-g513qy-g713-6050a3254001-mb-a01-a1-g713-6050a3254002-mb-a01-a1.43839/

I have dump of my kbc. Its the only dump that works so my original one, I can upload it here if that would help also I tried bios from vinafix and it doesnt work aswell

Yes plz share your EC DUMP

asus-kbc.rar (110.9 KB)
There are 2 dumps of my kbc, there is small difference somehow between them but both was able to boot into system tho only with bios without dmi, with dmi there is black screen.

do your KBC is 128kb or 512kb?

Its 128kb

From your shared 2 dumps kbc one is like some data is lack kbc1.bin and the other one kbc2.bin is similar but not same to full spi dumps .

Yeah I noticed that in hxd but somehow its the only kbc dumps that work even tho its kinda broken. I checked dump that u sent but it didnt worked even with bios without dmi so its pretty weird and hard to explain whats happening. I wonder why kbc cant program by itself after erasing, maybe I need to wait more than 10 minutes tho its hard to say

What tool you use to program kbc and what kbc is name? i saw on youtube: Daniel Rakowiecki chanel, KBC in some cases can do problems with read and write actions. maybe wrong seting in tool??

Svod3 and svod programmer, KBC model is it8252e48a. It read kbc correctly without any errors and erased it aswell cuz i checked hex table and it showed that all is fine