Need help to update Asrock A780GXH/128M AHCI ROM

Hello,
First of all sorry my english and thanks for this forum and website. I started reading the guides, but i don’t like to kill my motherboard
The first problem: I can’t find the latest 1.70 bios rom, because it comes in “exe” package since 1.50 (http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/A780GXH128M…ownload&os=BIOS)
Second: Can I update AHCI rom to 3.2.1.0 version? Mine says AHCI BIOS 0001.0075 version when start up the computer.
Finally, can i update any other “modules”? CPU microcode, unlock features…
Thanks!!!

Specs: AMD 780G - AMD SB710 - AMI BIOS 8 Mb

Solved! Backup-ed with AFUWIN the current 1.70 BIOS and AHCI ROM replaced with MMTOOL.
BIOS flashed and voila!

P.D. There is another links to mod CPUmicrocode, and others?

Thanks!

@ snowind:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and Happy New Year!

It is fine, that your were able to solve your problem yourself.

I do not really recommend to update the CPU MicroCode unless the user is already experienced in this kind of BIOS modding.
By the way: The "UBU" tool can only be used with AMI UEFI BIOSes.

Enjoy the Forum!
Fernando

Thanks Fernando. Good forum to update BIOS options that companies not do.
I have updated the Ethernet Realtek LAN ROM too!!! to 2.58v.
There is any aplication to check all this ROMs? To know what it is the current versions on my BIOS (AHCI, LAN,…)
Another question, can i change any other options? BIOS build date? Unlock features?
Now, I will experience any boost on my system? I have two moderns SATA III HDs (motherboard is SATA II). I’m thinking of adquire any SATA III PCI-E new controller to this motherboard to put a SSD disk for OS. It is recomended? Or it’s better to upgrade lately all my system (new MB, DDR3, USB3, SATA3…)?
Thanks again!

Congratulation!

Since you are not able to use the "UBU" tool, you probably have to extract the related OROM modules from the BIOS, open them with a Hex Editor like HxD and look for the version on the right side, where the text code is.

You should be satisfied with your successful BIOS modding results. Any further BIOS modding may not be worth the risks to get a bricked mainboard.

Haven’t you realized a shorter boot time after having updated the AMD AHCI ROM module?

If I were you, I would wait until I have the money to buy a new mainboard with an actual Intel chipset.

Yes, shorter time! Perfect.

Hello, I’m here again.

I change my CPU from Phenom II X2 550 BE to Phenom II X4 960T. If I unlock the two aditional cores of this, the bios and windows shows “AMD processor model unkown” instead of " Phenom II X6 1605T".

Any microcode update?

My board CPU supported list: http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/A780GXH128M/index.es.asp#CPU

EDIT: This is I need to mod: Date:2010/02/17 CPUID:100FA0 PatchID:010000BF -> Updated Date:2011/10/24 CPUID:100FA0 PatchID:010000DC

EDIT 2: Solved reading this post RE:CPU Microcode BIOS modding questions/problems Microcode Updated! But still "AMD processor model unkown"

Thanks