New problem: Zbook 17 G5 memory cannot work at 2666, limited to 2400

My English is not very good. I am relying on Google translation. There may be some words that are not accurate enough. Please forgive me for your inconvenience. Thank you very much.

Thank you very much for the help of the forum. I finally solved the problem of my Intel OED exclamation mark.
After my study and research, I found that there is no ISHC FW in my BIOS ME firmware. After extracting this FW from other BIOS and replacing it, my sound card returns to normal work. Intel OED can start correctly and no more malfunction codes appear. 10. Thank you very much for the help of the forum. I am very happy.

[[File:QQ??20190820190000.png|none|auto]]

[[File:QQ??20190820185943.png|none|auto]]

[[File:QQ??20190820185952.png|none|auto]]

Can anyone help me unlock the BIOS cpu advanced option (overclocking option) or help me modify the bios CPU power consumption to unlock to 65W TDP long time 90W TDP, the default factory default limit of the notebook, limit his TDP leads to poor performance, I need your Thank you very much.@Lost_N_BIOS

https://mega.nz/#!VTQQiQAT!i_KGwV7thjoz3…kRWE6meR6QbQQNE

-----------------------------------

3.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

QQ??20190820190000.png

QQ??20190820185943.png

QQ??20190820185952.png

Warning: Incompatible PMC CNP firmware detected!

Note: This CSE ME firmware was not found at the database, please report it!

Error: File 1 was not found!

Press enter to exit

4.jpg

Hello, my friend, I am from China. I have an HP workstation notebook, he is an engineering test machine, the motherboard PCH is QS A0 stepping, the official version is B1 stepping, I am having difficulty updating the ME firmware, 50% automatic restart failure, I need your help. My sound card has no way to work properly, intel oed yellow exclamation mark fault code 10 can not be started, official website BIOS Q70 ME I have no way to update to the latest. Http://h30318.www3.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp…000/sp95877.exe, this is the latest BIOS of the official website. This is my computer BIOS http://test.linuxhom.cc:9981/share/FTbv8sIP, I hope you can help me, I am very grateful.

01.jpg

02.jpg

3.jpg

[[File:QQ??20190615210503.jpg|none|auto]]

[[File:QQ??20190615210426.jpg|none|auto]]

03.jpg

This is some photos of my computer’s failure, I hope to provide you with useful information.

I hope that my ME firmware can be synchronized to the official website, and I hope that my intel oed works normally, and the sound card sounds normally, thank you very much.

My Email jontaowang@gmial.com

@Lost_N_BIOS

QQ??20190615210503.jpg

QQ??20190615210426.jpg

Has your computer updated ME successfully? I also have an ES version of the motherboard, and I have encountered a problem that the ME cannot update

This is some photos of my computer’s failure, I hope to provide you with useful information.

I hope that my ME firmware can be synchronized to the official website, and I hope that my intel oed works normally, and the sound card sounds normally, thank you very much.

My Email jontaowang@gmial.com

Dear senior engineer, my motherboard is an engineering test version. I can’t update the ME program of the official website. Forced DUMP can’t start. The PRE is inconsistent. I need the engineering test version of PRE. Can you help? HP ZBOOK 17 G5

The left side is detected by the HP official website BIOS MEA, and the right side is detected by my laptop backup BIOS. Without a suitable PRD, there is no way to adapt to the test version of the PCH ES chip, causing the ME update to fail and the sound card not working properly.

ZB17G5.jpg

25q256jveq MinPro100E编程器 BIOS SPI FLASH 24/25/95 存储器USB读写烧录器
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a23…ucket=11#detail

Can I use this programmer? Still need a better programmer?

@jontao

Please don’t post your problem in many different threads and do not hijack other people’s threads. Your system seems to be using an early Production (PRD) PCH so you need PRD firmware, not PRE. However, I am not sure if you can run CSME > 12.0.0.1052 because, for some unknown reason, Intel started to sign the PRD firmware with a new RSA key at ~12.0.0.1058 & up. You’re the first one I’ve encountered with such a system so it’s uncharted territory. Thus, I suggest you get a programmer so that you can re-flash the entire SPI chip in case a brick occurs. To update the CSME firmware, have you tried FWUpdate tool like you’re supposed to? From Intel Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware & System Tools, download CSME System Tools v12 from section C and read section B on how to imitate a CSME firmware update via FWUpdate tool.

Ok, I am very sorry, I will be here to communicate with you. I used the programmer to write the BIOS DUMP backed up from other normal machines, but there was a failure to start normally. The Capslock+Nulk light double flashed 5 times. The HP repair manual is faulty. I suspect the ME firmware update. The latest official version is not compatible with the earlier PCH chip. The official production version of the PCH C246 stepping is B1. My early production is PCH (QS) A0. Before trying to update the ME from 1.0.0.1052 to the official website latest 12.0.35.1427, update to 50% automatic black screen restart is invalid, as you said, intel re-encrypted him, resulting in failure to update.

英特尔PMC CNP PCH-H B固件v300.2.11.1020
适用于运行PMC的300 / C240系列系统CNP HB v300.2.1x

My PCH Chipset CNP—H A

ME Analyzer V1.86.0 chek

Warning: Incompatible PMC CNP firmware detected!

Note: This CSE ME firmware was not found at the database, please report it!

Error: File ddfpt was not found!

[[File:QQ??20190617070148.jpg|none|auto]]

QQ??20190617070148.jpg

“Warning for all CSME v12 systems: Power Management Controller (PMC) firmware always targets a specific PCH SKU (H/LP) and PCH Stepping (A, B, C, D etc). The versioning scheme is Platform Series (CNP = 300 etc) + PCH SKU (1 = LP, 2 = H) + PCH Stepping (0 = A, 1 = B, 2 = C etc). For example, a hypothetical 300-series PCH-H Stepping B1 system must use PMC 300.2.1x.xxxx firmware, a hypothetical 300-series PCH-LP Stepping A0 system must use PMC 300.1.0x.xxxx firmware, a hypothetical 300-series PCH-LP Stepping D2 system must use PMC 300.1.3x.xxxx firmware etc. The PMC firmware can only be updated after being merged with a CSME 12 firmware via Flash Image Tool.”

I seriously studied reading this information. He asked PMC and CSME to be consistent. My test version. Can I extract it from my own BIOS and merge my PMC with the latest CSME? Will there be any problem with this?

I combined CSME and PMC according to your tutorial and tested it with the MEA tool. But my BIOS test does not allow updating CSME, what should I do?

[[File:QQ??20190617075230.jpg|none|auto]]

cse_image_FWU_Full.rar (1.62 MB)

QQ??20190617075230.jpg

Please use the edit button to add new info to your posts within a short time period while waiting for someone to reply.

Do you have a SPI dump before you tried to update the BIOS? Meaning, an original dump of the system before any actions were taken. I’m seeing some inconsistencies. For example the BIOS has the latest microcodes and seems to be new whereas the CSME is old. The HP update has probably already updated the BIOS but could not do so for CSME. Thus, the current dump is a hybrid of sorts.

I suspect that you cannot update the CSME higher than 12.0.0.1052 because of the different RSA Key. But since you have a programmer, we can do some tests. Make sure you use the programmer because 2/3 files will probably end in a brick. Download the test images from here. First, flash “1052_PMC_B.bin” which I suspect is going to work. Then, flash “1068_PMC_B.bin”. I don’t think it will post. If it fails, there is no need to test “1068_PMC_A.bin” image.

Ok, dear moderator. I will try further. I am in Indonesia now. The programmer has not been sent from China to Indonesia. I will test it next month. I will learn from you and I am very grateful for your reply. I feel very honored and happy. . I will update and reply to this post in time for any progress.

Alright, no problem. Since the link is temporary, download and keep the files somewhere so that you can flash them with the programmer when it arrives.

OK,Tanks。

Dear Mr. Plutomaniac, I received my programmer today, I removed your modified DUMP BIOS and replaced it with the motherboard. I am very happy to find that it works, and both 1052B and 1068A can work. Similarly, the BIOS ME update provided by the official website has the same fault, and the update to 50% has no way to update. I think this needs to be updated manually. I hope that you can help me provide the latest ME to solve this problem. At present, our idea is correct. We can directly modify and write the BIOS file to the chip through the programmer. HP provides the BIOS link address: http://h30318.www3.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp…500/sp97020.exe, I only want to use the official website to provide the latest ME firmware and PMC power management programs, because I Try to backup other BIOS programs of the same model to my machine. It can’t be started. You can start it normally by using the A/B BIOS program provided by me to modify it. I think HP gives a limit.

1052_PMC_B.bin OK 。 flash “1068_PMC_B.bin OK。

Thank you very much for your selfless help.

I tried to use the FIT software to replace the ME firmware with the 1427 version of HP’s official website. Unfortunately, I can’t start it. I don’t know where I am wrong. I hope you can help me make a good BIOS firmware and wait for your reply. thank you very much.

In the afternoon I tried to replace it with the ME firmware you provided and successfully started the computer. I updated the computer ME firmware to 12.0.40.1433, but my sound card OED still exclamation mark, it seems that the sound card OED failure caused by the intel me version is not too low. In addition, my BIOS has limited my memory so that it does not work properly on 2666. The computer limits it to work at 2400. Is there a way to unlock the BIOS and make it work on 2666? This is the BIOS I am updating the ME to the latest version.zbook17G5 DUMP bios

delete

Please use the edit button to add new info to your posts within a short time period while waiting for someone to reply.

Make sure you have the latest HD Audio drivers installed. You can then try using your CSME-updated dump with the BIOS region replaced with the stock/latest one from sp97020 > Q70_010701.bin (0x220 - 0x1000220). Download this SPI image which is your recent dump + stock HP BIOS region and flash it with the programmer. The link is temporary. If this fixes the problem then you need to use the updated HP BIOS because the other one is too old.

Ok, I will do what you say. The sound card driver I have installed the latest, the problem is in the intel oed bus driver. I used the earlier 2017 oed driver although there is a yellow exclamation point, but it can make a sound. If I install the 2018 HP official website to provide the latest, there is no sound in the yellow exclamation point computer. I researched the BIOS and updated intel me to solve this problem. This problem has bothered me for two months, which makes me very upset. What has been modified in the BIOS you provided to me? Can the memory work on the 2666 frequency? Or according to what you said, you have merged the BIOS part of the official website Q71 with the intel me part? thank you very much for your help.

I already explained what I did with the provided SPI image above. The sound and/or memory issues are not CSE related so I’ve moved the thread to another section where someone else may be able to properly assist you.