NVIDIA: Optimized nForce Driverpacks for Win7-10

@Fernando Thanks :slight_smile: I figured as much but Iā€™m not one to trust MS to get things right :stuck_out_tongue: Once everything is up and running again Iā€™ll do some tests with the stock MS drivers and the modded drivers and let you know the results.

Ok, I used these drivers and can safely say that there is no real difference vs. the MS ones although I did note on the the board these were used with (M3N78) leaving the IDe controller enabled in the BIOS halved SATA performance, very strange. A word of extreme caution as well; Once these drivers are installed do not revert or uninstall them on Win10 build 1903 at least they will nuke your entire installation - INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE BSOD. Currently trying some workarounds to save reinstalling everything.

EDIT After the BSOD and Windows auto restarts let it launch repair services and select startup repair, that should work.

First, thanks mate - bloody champ for all this info.
Second quick question - Section 2 above (Actual nForce Drivers for Vista/Win7) x64 download link points to the XP x64 download. Is this by design or a typo?
e.g. I see this: "Fernandos Actual nForce Driverpack for XP 64bit v9.0.7z (18.4 MB)"

@pronosoft :
I will check the links tomorrow and repair them (if required).

@pronosoft :

I cannot find the download link you mean.
Please post the exact name of the package and a link to the post, which contains the link to a wrong/not matching driverpack.

The PC I mentioned before is my friendā€™s one. The Windows 8.1 installation has been solved. The Windows 8.1 LAN driver is not stable. I expanded it with a PCI Realtek card and disabled the integrated Ethernet (in the BIOS). Now the Windows 8.1 runs without any problem. (motherboard: KN9). Shame on Nvidia.

@Fernando :frowning:

unsigned GART driver.png

MB : ASrock ALiveDual-eSATA2.
SB : nForce 3 250

EDIT by Fernando: Inserted Win10 x64 error message cut out of the very big image and attached it directly by using the Forum software (to save space)

@agentx007 :
Thanks for the information. The INF file of the 64bit GART driver v4.3.4 dated 03/18/2004, which was within my ā€œSpecial 64bit nForce3-4 LEGACY Driverpack for Win7-10 x64 v10.4ā€, had lost its WHQL stamp, because it obviously had been modified by someone in November 2004. Unfortunately I havenā€™t realized it in November 2019, when I added the GART driver.
Today I gave this 64bit GART driver a Win-RAID CA signature, renamed the package to v10.5, uploaded it to my MEGA and OneDrive accounts and updated the start post of this thread.
By the way: The 32bit GART driver was not affected by this problem. It is really WHQL certified.
Thanks again!

Hi to all.
@Fernando :
Iā€™ve tried in several ways to make a clean install of Windows 10 (both 1909 and 1809), on an Asus laptop with nVidia MB MCP79 (Southbridge nForce 730i).
In bios, selected IDE mode is ā€œEnhancedā€ (I think it is AHCI). Other choice is ā€œCompatibilityā€.
Loading nVidia last SATA drivers for that chipset (15.56 WHQL), in window where I can select installation hd, installation fails.
If I continue without drivers load (default microsoft drivers), installation ends (very long time), but at first reboot -> BSOD (Inaccessible Boot Device).
Iā€™ve tried to inject all nVidia drivers in install.wim (SATA, RAID, SMBUS, SMU, Ethernet), but no difference.
Any help?
I HAVE TO DO IT!!! :slight_smile:
Thank you very much!

@Tipenso :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
For your MCP79 system, whose on-board NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller is obviously running in AHCI mode, I do not recommend to install any nForce SATA driver. Reason: The generic brandnew Win10 in-box MS AHCI driver should work much better than the absolutely outdated NVIDIA nForce ones.
If you want to find out the SATA mode (IDE/AHCI/RAID) of your NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller, you should run the Device Manager and check the HardwareIDs of the related Controller, which is listed either within the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" or within the "Storage Controllers" section. You will get the HardwareIDs by doing a right-click onto the Controller and choosing the options "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareIDs".
The BSODs you have gotten may have been caused by changing the SATA mode of the NVIDIA nForce SATA Controller.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando
Thank you for answer.
How I wrote you, clean install with in-box W10 AHCI drivers ends, but at reboot I had repeated BSOD every start, unusable.
So, must I use different strategy.
Butā€¦ I have almost good news.
Loading SATA drivers of your 10.5 driver pack, installation ends, and at reboot (veeery slooow reboot), no more BSOD. Only problem, is that everything is jerky.
So I look at Device Manager, and I found 2 peripherals without drivers: one "Unknown", other is "Coprocessor". For this one, can I use SMBUS driver of you Driver Pack?
Thanks a lot.

Maybe or maybe not.
The best way to find out more details about such unknown devices or devices without driver is to do check their HardwareIDs and to do a Google search for them.

Ok, I discover problem. NVidia MB MCP79 that give me all problems, has a bug due to not perfect AHCI compliance, with most SSD controllers. As a test, I cloned ssd that gave me problems, on a mechanical hd, andā€¦ voilĆ , all runs perfectā€¦

Hi Fernando,

Iā€™m working on this laptop of my girlfriend. A MSI CR700 (see signature), running Windows 10. She tried to update to the windows 10 1903 update and it didnā€™t work, after several hours it reversed back the process and went back to the old windows 10.
I explored and saw the infamous yellow exclamation mark at Coprocessor. So i tried your solutions with various chipset drivers, including your mod+signed nforce drivers. I tried various SMU drivers and also various SMBUS drivers (which one is actually the right one for this problem? SMU or SMBUS?)
They all install well and the coprocessor yellow mark is gone, but then when i restart the laptop, it crashes and i have to choose to repair windows, i did this several times already.
I also tried NOT restarting after the Coprocessor yellow mark is gone by installing your drivers. To no avail, installing the 1903 update results in getting stuck at 81%, 86% and 89% at different attempts.

After a clean install of windows 10 (which every time will show standard the yellow exclamation mark at coprocessor), i tried your mod+signed nforce drivers. Before anything else i installed the certificate, as per suggestion, and restarted the laptop. Even after only installing the certificate the laptop will not start up again and i have to do a windows repair.

All in all, i have a feeling the culprit may be a very small thing, but i tried about everything and got the same result over and over again.

Iā€™m out of ideas and i hope you are wiling and able to help me out here.

Frank.

@Frank :
Your report verifies, that neither Microsoft nor NVIDIA cares about users with an nForce chipset system.
Since I donā€™t have such system myself since a very long time, it is not easy for me to help you.

As first step please let me know the HardwareIDs of your yellow flagged device (right-click onto it > ā€œPropertiesā€ > ā€œDetailsā€ > ā€œPropertyā€ > ā€œHardwareIDsā€). Maybe I will find a suitable driver for it.
Furthermore you should look into the ā€œStorage Controllersā€ section of the Device Manager. Is there a device named ā€œNVIDIA nForce RAID Controllerā€ listed?

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi! I have system on DFI LP nF4 Ultra-D with SSD and Win10 - itā€™s litle retro :slight_smile:

My problem with SSD - work mode only as SATA1 (but it may worked as SATA2 and SATA3)
Regular HDD work as SATA2, but this mode as it hardware locked.

Is it possible to force a board or SSD in SATA 2 mode?

PS Sorry for my bad english

@Han :
Which OS and which SATA driver are you using?
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Windows 10 Home
nForce Serial ATA

That is the hardware (Controller), but not the in-use driver.

That is the hardware (Controller), but not the in-use driver.

Nvidia 10.3.0.42
from pack NFORCE DRIVER VERSION 15.23