NVIDIA: Optimized nForce Driverpacks for Win7-10

Yes, of course I tried!
Most likely here is the fault of the controller, or rather the algorithm of its interaction with disks. In the classic HDD, the SATA mode is selected by setting a physical jumper. And connecting such a disk, the controller simply agrees with the selected mode. In SDD, the mode is selected programmatically (apparently by some dialogue with the controller). But the dialogue does not occur and the disk works in the simplest mode.
In any case, the SDD speed is much higher than that of the HDD, and this is not bad.

I havent had the ability to install your driver pack yet. As I am social distancing myself from a family memeber getting cancer treatment. The failure to shut down was without any change. Thats why it was weird. Went from freezing to running fine but on shut down auto booting back up. The fans which go to 100% when windows goes through shut down before turning off when shut down happens just never turned off but the screen was off saying no input for at least a minute then the bios showed up on the screen and boom windows 10 was starting. So I selected shutdown again this time at login page. I waited and the same thing happened. So I selected shut down again and then manully shut off with button when the screen said no input. This actually happened the morning I got your reply regarding what download to get. Cant wait to install those new drivers. Thank you so much for all the work you are doing on here.

Works great! FIC AU13G motherboard

3-28-2020
I haven’t had the ability to install your driver pack yet. As I am social distancing myself from a family member getting cancer treatment. The failure to shut down was without any change. Thats why it was weird. Went from freezing to running fine but on shut down auto booting back up. The fans which go to 100% when windows goes through shut down before turning off when shut down happens just never turned off but the screen was off for at least a minute then the bios showed up on the screen and boom windows 10 was starting. So I selected shutdown again this time at login page. I waited and the same thing happened. So I selected shut down again and then manually shut off with button when the screen said no input. This actually happened the morning I got your reply regarding what download to get. Cant wait to install those new drivers. Thank you so much for all the work you are doing on here.

6-15-2020
Just saw I didn’t post the above part, which I thought I did…I’m very sorry.
UPDATE: After installing the drivers the computer restarted normally so that was solved… I ran it for about 5 hours using smplayer and Frostwire, all good. Then I used Winamp and about 15 minutes in the computer froze. mouse still worked and I could open task manager but nothing worked. This happened about three times. At this point I found out Winamp has some issues with some windows 10 applications, so I found the newest version just released “Winamp 5.8” that is trying to fix it. I also installed Winamp on my separate programs drive which is NOT the C: drive. all was good. Then I opened Frostwire. Winamp froze again. So I had to manually shut off the computer again as when this happens it hangs restarting. so I uninstalled Frostwire and moved it to a different program Drive as well, also NOT the C: drive. tried again and it froze again. Winamp ran fine on its own and Frostwire ran fine on its own. All drivers are current according to the system. oh and Windows explorer wont let me right click to open anything off the side bar on the right (CORRECTION LEFT QUICK ACCESS), it just blinks the cursor and crashes windows explorer. I followed the instructions online to solve this none worked. Other than that so far so good. Thanks again for your help.

Hello,

Firstly a big thank you to Fernando for creating this thread and keeping it alive.

I was originally running Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 and have now upgraded to Windows Server 2019 x64.

The reason for the upgrade was because I had 4 x 500GB SATA drives in RAID5. Drives started to fail so decided to upgrade to 4 x 2TB drives and to see the whole partition (2GB limitation on W2008R2 x64).

Server Hardware : HP ProLiant ML 155 G5
Chipset : AMD K10 Bridge Rev 00
Southbridge : nForce 570 SLI Rev A3, nVidia nForce 570 SLI (MCP55P) + MCP55P(XE)
BIOS : HP O18 - AMD AGESA V3.1.8.0

The RAID structure was created on the BIOS MediaShield.

There is no option under the BIOS to change to AHCI mode, I assume after reading most of thread because it is a very early chipset.

After upgrading to Windows Server 2019 I was able to see the full capacity of the RAID5 drive. However the performance seemed to be very poor.

The current driver picked up by Windows is

RAID Controller and RAID device 10.6.0.24 provided by NVIDIA Corporation and Digital Signer Microsoft Windows
NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller5.10.2600.998 Date 08/09/2017 provided by NVIDIA Corporation and Digital Signer Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

NVIDIA nForce Raid Controller HW IDs

ACPI\NVRAIDBUS
*NVRAIDBUS

nVidia nForce Serial ATA Controller HW IDs

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_037F&SUBSYS_1714103C&REV_A3
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_037F&SUBSYS_1714103C
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_037F&CC_010485
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_037F&CC_0104

I tried to manually update the drivers for the following devices under device manager

1. NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller
2. NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller
3. NVIDIA nForce RAID Device

i tried the following three driver packs

Special nForce RAID Driverpacks for Win7-10 (SataRaid)
Special nForce2-4 LEGACY Driverpacks for Win7-10 (IDE)
NForce4 WHQL Driverpacks for Vista/Win7

However when I got to updating the NVIDIA nForce RAID Device for each,it could not find a matching driver.

Then I tried the

Latest 64bit nForce Driverpack for Win7-10 x64 v10.6<

I managed to update the driver for all 3 devices and once done I made a reboot.

After reboot no errors, however I noticed by RAID5 was broken, I installed the RAIDTOOL and when opening it, I could only see 3 drives. Somehow it had created 2 RAID5 arrays.

I then tried to roll back all the drivers to the original ones and still the RAID was broken. Then going physically to machine and checking pre OS boot on the nVIDIA Mediashield BIOS - I found RAID had degraded and one disk was missing and that was part of another RAID5 array. I broke the single disk array and added back to the original RAID5 array and started a rebuild process.

I booted back into Windows and still cannot see the drive, I assume because rebuilding. Although I though I would still see it as one disk is allowed to fail. I assume adding back a 2TB disk to a RAID5 will take about 20-30 hours to rebuild.

The disks are in the slots as follows

0.0 2TB DISK 001 of RAID5 Array Sata
0.1 2TB DISK 001 of RAID5 Array Sata
1.0 2TB DISK 001 of RAID5 Array Sata
1.1 2TB DISK 001 of RAID5 Array Sata
2.0 CD ROM Drive
2.1 Bootable OS DISK 160GB Sata

Do you have any ideas what could have gone wrong ? Thanks in advance.

Regards

@DJKR :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
As you surely know, NVIDIA nForce RAID systems and Microsoft are not best friends. Unfortunately NVIDIA has no interest to support their nForce chipsets customers, who are trying to get Win10 properly working with their RAID array.

Due to the fact, that I gave away my good old NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra RAID0 system more than 8 years ago, I have no idea. I am sorry about that.
Hoping, that you will get some help from someone else, I wish you good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi there, i would like to describe my cas which is nearly the same as DJKR.
I’m running W10Pro x64 on an old ASUS P5-ND (nForce 750i/MCP55) from a raid1 array running with nvidia native windows 10 drivers v.10.6.0.24

I have some lag/freeze sometimes and looking in the events viewer the “old classic, not so well documented” id event 11 source nvraid which i fear dued to a faulty hdd (Mediashield refers my hdd as “healthy”).

So i tried to install “Fernandos Special 64bit nForce RAID Driverpack for Win7-10 x64 v10.6” to get some nvidia tools (array regeneration, better stability).
First problem i encountered is i can’t install the raid drivers via the setup.
The only drivers i can install are the ethernet drivers.
I think that in the process of the detection of the drivers to install w10 “thinks” that native windows drivers are ‘better’ than yours, 10.6.0.24 > 9.99.0.9, logic)… erf…
So i decided to manually install the raid drivers.
I followed your instructions : i installed the win-raid certificate and tried to replace the controllers driver with “have disk…” options which was fine and i didn’t forget to check the “show hidden devices” option to change my native nvidia nForce Raid device.

This is where i came to the same problem as DJKR : the device is not detected so i can’t replace the native one. And i did what i shouldn’t => reboot (bsod)

I think i have nearly solved my problem but i need Fernando to help me (/ us ?) :
I noticed that in your nvraid64.inf, the “nvidia nForce Raid device” are identified by this string ids :
%NVRAID_DESC%=nvraid,SCSI\NVIDIA__Raid_Disk________
%NVRAID_DESC%=nvraid,SCSI_NVIDIA_______Raid_Disk
%NVRAID_DESC%=nvraid,SCSI\NVIDIA__Raid_Disk_20
____
%NVRAID_DESC%=nvraid,SCSI_NVIDIA____Raid_Disk_20

When i looked at the string ids for my “nvidia nforce raid device” (hidden device), i got :
Array__NVIDIA_______Raid_Disk
___
SCSI\Array__NVIDIA_______Raid_Disk
SCSI\Array__NVIDIA
SCSI_NVIDIA_______Raid_Disk

That’s why my “nvidia nforce raid device” could not be recognised and i think this is the same problem DJKR encountered.

So what i did is to add the string ids to the inf file :
%NVRAID_DESC%=nvraid,SCSI\Array__NVIDIA_______Raid_Disk____
%NVRAID_DESC%=nvraid,SCSI\Array__NVIDIA_______Raid_Disk
%NVRAID_DESC%=nvraid,SCSI\Array__NVIDIA
%NVRAID_DESC%=nvraid,SCSI_NVIDIA_______Raid_Disk

tada, recognised … but not signed … this is where i need you now Fernando. Can you help me please ?
(I joined your nvrd64.inf file i modified if it’s not clear :p)

nvrd64.inf.zip (2.24 KB)

@thorazi :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your report.
>Here< is the download link to the refreshed “Special 64bit nForce RAID Driverpack for Win7-10 x64 v10.7”.
These are the changes:
1. Within the Win8-10 section the old HardwareID entries regarding the RAID devices were replaced by the new ones you had posted (they were not simply added).
2. All modified drivers were freshly digitally signed by me.
Please test the re-modified and freshly digitally signed drivers and report your result.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Good. Thanks.

@sunset08 :
What was good? Why don’t you say “Thanks” by pressing the related button?
Do you have a system with a NVIDIA nForce chipset at all?

Nvidia High Definition Audio 1.3.38.34
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com…fa-d45bd1c6b3a8

worked for my HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0014&SUBSYS_10DE0101

Nvidia HDA v1.3.38.34.jpg

@onuracengiz :
Thanks for the info.
The NVIDIA HDAudio drivers do not really belong to the nForce chipset drivers and are much more often updated than the nForce chipset drivers themselves. That is why I haven’t updated for a very long time the nForce Chipset Driverpacks I am offering within the start post.
If the nForce chipset users should be interested in nForce Chipset Driverpacks, which contain a newer NVIDIA HDAudio driver version (I will not update the Sets at each HDAudio driver release), please let me know it.

Thank you fernando,just trying to help
Updating the whole pack for every individual update would be time consuming you are right in that regard.
although latest version was 1.3.36.6 dated 2017
which was from official nvidia driver set,never released in microsoft catalog

@onuracengiz :
Please consider, that your linked Windows Update driver supports just the newest Win10 Editions from v1903 up, whereas my offered nForce Driverpacks are designed for all Windows Operating Systems from Win7 up.
When I started this thread, my intention was not to offer the latest nForce drivers. As you surely know, many nForce chipset devices are officially not supported at all by the newest Windows Operating Systems. So I tried to put nForce drivers together, which hopefully will work with the absolutely outdated nForce chipset systems. The Company NVIDIA will not develop any newer/better nForce drivers.

you are right,slipped my mind
Nvidia HDAudio v1.3.36.6 is for win7 and up if i am not mistaken,adding it here for good measure

Nvidia HDA v1.3.36.6.jpg

@ all users with an nForce Chipset system:

Update of the start post
Changelog:

• Updated:
    • 32/64bit “Latest nForce Driverpacks for Win7-10” (now v10.8 with the latest NVIDIA HDAudio driver, which supports Win7-10)
    • 32/64bit “Special nForce RAID Driverpacks for Win7-10” (now v10.8 with the latest NVIDIA HDAudio driver, which supports Win7-10)

Thanks to our Forum member @onuracengiz , who convinced me to update the NVIDIA HDAudio drivers within the related Driverpacks.
Any feedback is much appreciated.

Good luck with the updated NVIDIA nForce chipset drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello,

I am sorry for jumping here, but I thought perhaps here could be the answer to a problem I am encountering.
I have an Asus Striker II Formula with nvidia chipset 780i.
It was running on a Win7 pro N that I installed a long time ago before updating it two years ago to Win 10 pro N on an SSD.

Since the Win10 update I got a lot of random blue screens and it became impossible to update from Windows update 1809 (if automatic updates it fails and if manual one with USB drive I get error 0x8007025D).
Yesterday I decided (stupidly) to install a fresh copy of Win10 update 2004 on the SSD through another computer (where I could test such an installation and boot without problem) but when I put this new installation on the computer with the striker formula 2 motherboard I get a black screen with an endless bleeping cursor.

I am no advanced user and to be honest I do not understand much about “RAID” and things as such, but I do seem to recall many years ago when I installed the windows 7 I might have had incorporated some sata controller to the iso of windows…

I now see your forum and I wanted to ask you if you think that adding those "Special 64bit nForce RAID Driverpack for Win7-10" to my window bootable usb key and install windows on the SSD may solve my black screen issue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

@RonnyD :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Unfortunately Microsoft doesn’t care about systems with a NVIDIA nForce chipset and vice versa NVIDIA doesn’t offer suitable nForce drivers, which are working flawlessly with all their chipsets by using the latest Windows Operating Systems.
A successful integration of the “Special 64bit nForce RAID Driverpack for Win7-10” is not possible, because
a) the installer needs an already running OS and
b) the package contains drivers, which were modified by me (only WHQL certified third party drivers are accepted by the Win10 Setup).

It is no surprise for me, that you could not boot into your SSD, whose OS was installed while being connected to another PC with other hardware and/or other configuration.
If you want to do a fresh install of Win10 onto your current PC, you have to re-do it from scratch. When you come to the point, where the Win10 Setup asks you, where the OS shall be installed, you should let the Setup delete all shown partitions of the target SSD and create a new partition for the OS with an appropriate size.
As long as your on-board NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller is running in “IDE” mode, I don’t expect any problem during the OS installation. So you should enter the “Advanced” BIOS section, check the SATA mode setting of your mainboard’s Storage Controller and change it, if it should not be “IDE”. The worst case would be an existing nForce RAID array, because you will not get access to its data, if the nForce SATA Controller is running in IDE mode. To be able to use the SSDs/HDDs, which were members of a RAID array, on a system running in IDE mode, you have to break the RAID array (all data will get lost by doing it).

Good luck and Happy New Year!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thank you for your kind answer!

I will try to redo it from the current PC with the bios with IDE mode enabled and all RAID settings disabled (as in the pictures). I am worried though, as this was my original configuration and no matter how many times I tried I was always ending at some point in the installation process with an 0x8007025D error code.

I do have two partition on this ssd though and was only formatting the one where I wanted to install Win10. So I will try again deleting both and creating a new one. Fingers crossed!

Happy end-of-the-year holidays to you too!

BIOS IDE setting.jpg

BIOS RAID setting.jpg

Hello,

I just wish to thank you for your advices. I tried again installing, this time suppressing all other partitions on the SSD, and it worked.

I still have some random bluescreens and I cannot make any update with windows update (error 0x80096010), but at least I can use my computer and have a more recent version of Windows than previously.