[OFFER] ASUS CrossHair V Formula Z MOD bios 2201

I will be looking forward to the update. Keep up the good work. :slight_smile:

Thanks we will be waiting…

Hallo,

I have some months ago your CrossHairFormulaZMOD2 flashed.
When I tried yesterday however your ULTIMATE MOD_C5FZ, I could not flash this via USB Flashback.
The LEDs blink only three or four times. It seems as if your ULTIMATE MOD_C5FZ is not compatible or corrupted.

Could this be or do you have an idea, what could be the reason?

First of all - Thank you very much for taking the time to create these awesome bios for CVFZ users!

However… i have been struggeling alot to make this boot with my m.2 Intel 600P running a PCIE addapter…

I have tried every trick i can think of, and are in need of some support.

The m.2 drive, registers as a normal drive and i am able to install windows 10 as described. I’ve been screwing alot with the boot codes in CMD, only making it worse for my self.

First of all, i cant get the bios to load with EZflash durring boot… The first 3 versions plus the one posted in the comments says “Security verification failed” and the last “ultimate bios mod” says that it is not a EFI file when trying to update.
I have however had some luck with the AI Suite II updater from file.

I tried installing the latest bios version from you, without luck.

Then tried all 5 versions posted on this thread like so. Update to version 1 → change boot settings to see if its there, but it’s not → update to version 2 → and so on up untill the latest ultimate version.

I hope you are willing to help, because oh god i have tried… (To the extent of my skills, which propperly ain’t that far)

Cheers from Denmark!

Yes, the problem is the MMtool. The lastest UBU only supports the MMtool ver. 5 not the ver.4.05, when you try to use the USB flash feature with a modded bios (by the MMtool ver.5), it FAILS TO FLASH. It had to be the MMtool ver 4.05 to work. I’ll fix this issue soon…

If no one of these Bios work for you, we need to wait the Clover Team release the latest NvnME module that supports more SSD brands. Until that, try to test my fixed ULTIMATE bios wich will be released soon…

Okay, that sounds good!
I will look forward to trying the fixed version!

It just seems odd, since another user posted that he got the 600P running in this thread…

Okay, download the Ultimate-Bios from the POST#1. Enjoy, if it doesn’t work; try to ask the user with the 600P. Probably, is something wrong in the installing procedure…

Regards!!

Thanks it works. :slight_smile:

But unfortunately I havn’t a faster start-up with the ULTIMATE modded Bios and my Samsung 850 PRO (SATA / AHCI).

This is due the bios configuration, OS, and system AHCI drivers, SATA has to be in AHCI mode (OS installed in UEFI, not legacy) to get the full advantage of fastest boot times. I’d recommend you the "AHCI performance" thread in this forum, and try to test your boot times, you’d see that it decreases 5 to 10 seg. Did you installed the Samsung NVme and the AMD AHCI SATA drivers?. If you have an old videocard, try to update the firmware GOP module, this helps improving the UEFI mode compatibility and helps to reduce the boot time.

regards!!

Hi guys, did you try the lastest Ultimate bios?. If so, let me know your results (performance gain, fast boot, etc…). I’ll try to improve even more this bios.

Thank you!!

I have a ASUS CrossHair V Formula Z and a Samsung 960 pro 512 to use with this modded bios. Just wondering if there are any recommendations of which PCIE card (brand/model) to purchase or which ones people have had trouble with?

Thank you,
Jeff

Well I couldn’t wait and ended up just buying the Asus mini pcie card for my 960 pro. Went ahead and tried the usb flash of the bios suing the button on the back of the crosshair v formula Z which seemed to go through the blinking then not blinking process. Is there a way to tell if the bios installed correctly, date still shows 2015 when I go to the bios.? All my setting were reset to defaults, but the drive did not show up in the bios with the new ultimate bios.

Cheers,
Jeff

4 of 4 BIOS mods (links in post #1) failed. With many happy campers, the problem must be me.
According to EZ Flash 2:
Mod is not an EFI BIOS.
Mod2, OPRM, and Ultimate failed security checks.
This is the same results as "#44 | RE: ASUS CrossHair V Formula Z MOD bios 2201"

What’s a dummy to do?

ASUS Crosshair V formula Z
8350 CPU
R9 290 family video card
BIOS files on flash drive. This was used to upgrade my 150x to 2201 BIOS just 2 days ago.
Samsung EVO 1G SSD on Addonics PCIe card; this adapter card does not seem, to me, to have an OPROM. My Win10 System disk is cloned to the SSD, and the OS is on an MBR/Active partition on the SSD.
Windows sees and uses it if I try to use it, BIOS does not report seeing it. I’m not booting from it, so it’s drive “I” on my system. My Old system drive is still my current “C”.

Of Course I’m TheMadPenguin. Which SANE penguin uses Windows?

Re: "#46 | RE: ASUS CrossHair V Formula Z MOD bios 2201"

Is this the "ultimate" now linked to post #1, that fails security check with EZFlash? How is this to be flashed onto the MB?

I’ll check again, but the problem as I said is the MMTool it has to be the ver. 4.50, the ver. 5.00 refuse to flash. The file I gave you could be corrupt after removing the RAID module, I’ll test it and I let you know soon.

Stickmode, thank you very much for making this BIOS. I didn’t even know BIOS modding like this was possible - I am impressed.

I loaded the newest Ultimate BIOS onto the flash drive, and used the flashback feature to load it (I didn’t know the motherboard had that capability either - never had to use it before). I was able to disable the SATA controller and install Win10 Pro on a Samsung m.2 960 EVO NVMe without any issues. I am getting 1675MB/s read, 1450MB/s write, using the Samsung Magician performance benchmark tool.

I had two RAID arrays connected to the motherboard - 3x 256GB Samsung SSDs in RAID5, and 2x 2TB WD Red in RAID1. However, when I boot to the m.2, I can only see the RAID1, and it sees the drives in the RAID5 individually (not in the RAID array). Not a huge deal, because the m.2 drive is replacing the RAID5 array, and I can still selectively boot to it through the BIOS if I choose. But it is a curiosity that it can’t see it.

Encouraged by @Awesomeness , I tried again. Partial success. CLEARLY, the flashback worked, but result is strange.
PROCEDURAL CHANGE: use ROG Flashback, not EZFlash
PROCEDURAL CHANGE: Shutdown->ROG Flashback button, not interrupted OS or Reboot.
Wait: 7 slow flash, then 48 faster flash, then 16 much faster flash, of MoBo LED near SB. (not sure why Port80 7-seg 2-digit display is not used)

STRANGE: SATA SSD 850 EVO shows up twice in boot device list, once as with stock 2201, new second as “PATA SS”. (I have no PATA for 8 years).
DISAPPOINT: PCIe M2 SSD 960 EVO does not show in BIOS (and so cannot be selected as Boot).

What’s a dummy to do?

Yes, the English wasn’t great which made it unclear, but the thread has been telling us all along that we have to use flashback. Anyone else who’s trying USE FLASHBACK.

I had the same PATA show up. The drive itself doesn’t initially show up. That’s why you disable the PATA controller (in the post with the guide, and screenshots). Even though it’s not showing up, Win10 will find it! After Win10 is installed, you will have a new drive that shows up (in addition to the PATA, which will still be there) called "Windows Boot Manager", which is your Win10 OS.

Please use some formatting on Post #1 with the links, and put for each link the DATE you last tweaked anything, and a verifying checksum/hash so we can verify that what we’re going to burn onto our BIOS is what you tested on yours!