[OFFER] ASUS Maximus VIII - modded BIOSes

Hi guys,

I’m very happy to offer you the latest 1701 modded bios for the Asus Maximus VIII series motherboard.

What has been modded :

- OROM/EFI Sata Modules
- OROM/EFI Lan Modules
- OROM/EFI GOP Skylake VBios
- MEI Firmware to the latest version available (11.0.10.1002)
- Skylake CPU microcode to the latest one (8A).

Please report any feedback. It will be very appreciated. Thanks

In order to check which modules version I updated, run UBU.

Edit : Links removed for investigation on ME firmware.

Hello Sylar76,

although the main intention of this Forum is to let the users do the desired BIOS modification themselves, I want to thank you for offering here some special BIOSes, which have already been modded by you.

As you may already realized, I have moved your thread into the just created new Sub-Forum named "Offer: Already modded special BIOSes". This will make it easier to find the related threads with download links to already modded BIOSes.
Please let me know, whether you agree with what I have done, and - if yes - give me the links to all threads, where modded BIOSes are already available for the public. Then I will move these threads resp. the related posts into this Sub-Forum.

Greetings!
Dieter

I totally agree with you and here is the 2001 modded bios for Rampage V Extreme : [Solved] How to mod an ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS? (15)

excuse my english google translator
I did the upgrade but it does not work to me again lan I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers updated as well but I have not achieved anything.
I returned well to the previous firmware but nothing put last dell’Asus but nothing, reset the cmos always the same, I can do? surely the firmware update lan did damage. in the property of tells me
Unable to start the device. (Code 10)

Failure {operation}
This action failed. I need your help

http://i64.tinypic.com/14xf41x.jpg

If you have come back to the old bios and the LAN is not working yet, then you’ve other problems.
Did you try the USB Bios Flashback method ?

Otherwise try to switch to Bios 2 to see if the LAN works and if it does, copy Bios 2 to Bios 1
using the ASUS Bios Flashback procedure inside bios (Copy BIOS2 to BIOS1).

Is it possible to get Maximus VIII Formula 1601 with the same treatment?

Thanks in advanced!!!

The Asus support site for downloading bios is temporarily closed for maintenance.

As soon as it will be online again I will mod the 1601 bios for you.

It may be a good idea to customize the thread title to "[OFFER] Modded BIOSes for ASUS Maximus VIII mainboards".
If you agree, I will do it for you.

EDIT: Done!

I totally agree with you.

It’s already been done by me.
Another advice:
It may be a good idea to update the first post of this thread by entering the download links to the latest modded BIOSes for the different ASUS Maximus VIII mainboards. This will make it much easier for the users to find them once this thread will be much bigger than now.

Please check first post of this thread. Thanks

Added also the 1701 modded bios released today.

Any chance if you can give the same treatment to Maximus VIII Hero please? I would greatly appreciate it.

- OROM/EFI Sata Modules
- OROM/EFI Lan Modules
- OROM/EFI GOP Skylake VBios
- MEI Firmware to the latest version available (11.0.10.1002)
- Skylake CPU microcode to the latest one (88).

And if at all possible both Bios 1601 and 1701 =)

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/MAX…pDesk_Download/

Here are your requested bios.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0…Rnc&usp=sharing

Thanks Sylar76!!
Hey you said you added 1701 for the Formula…but I don’t see it, only the 1601…Am I blind? lol
Again thanks for the modded BIOS, the community thanks you!

I was wrong the 1701 is for the Extreme series. Tomorrow morning I’ll add the 1701 also for the Formula.

@Sylar76 :
After having thought about a short-form of the thread titles, where self-modded BIOSes are offered, I have renamed your both threads.
Is it ok like it is now?

It’s ok, thanks as always.

Added Maximus VIII Formula 1701 bios to the gdrive folder of the first page.

Yo man! big fan of your modded Bioses! specially the 1701 nice gotta love it.
By the way, may I ask you for Moded Bios for Maximus Impact VIII with the ability to have Wake-On-Lan to work on this motherboard?

Thank you again!
BtW i was brought to you from Asus forums

I can mod the Impact VIII version but I do not know anything about the WOL function and if it will work or not.