[OFFER] ASUS Maximus VIII - modded BIOSes

Just to update - I’m afraid my BIOS chips have not made it but the ASUS TPM (14+1 pin V2 for Skylake) + 2mm header (dual) pins have (go figure?).

So getting a bit frustrated - after breaking a 2x6 pin header and removing 1 pin (14+1) to fit TPM - I finally soldered it (getting the solder from the socket holes was hell - make sure you have a solder suction device) and it does work. TPM 2.0 detected in BIOS, Windows ownership taken and BitLocker engaged. So the socket was wired just ASUS did not include the header for some reason on Z170M-PLUS (!)

The PTT/ME version would have been easier/cheaper/elegant - but this is what turned out (chips, TPM, header all ordered the same time). Sorry. Perhaps if the BIOS finally makes it I may still get crazy enough to remove hardware TPM and try the firmware version - maybe keep the chip for something else :wink:

Hi! Can you please explain how to manually update MEI Firmware within the bios file (new 1902 still has "outdated" ME)?

Doesnt it work anymore?

No one?

@KotTHECat

That guide is old and not optimal anymore. Follow this guide, it will do what you want perfectly fine even if technically it’s not meant for updating.

I made a 1902 Hero Alpha BIOS with the 9E Skylake microcode.
(I saw somewhere that HA/H actually share the same BIOS now… but that’s on you if you want to try.)

No other changes.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B64kGV…Q1RuZ3BGeEJZZ1E

Works fine on my board, I claim no responsibility for your motherboard!
If this is not appropriate to post here, I will remove it, just want to share.

Hi everyone. Im new here. I newer try to mod BIOS becouse I’m start to learn it.
Can some one mod BIOS 1902 for Maximus VIII Ranger and paste link?
Now I try to flash older version from previus site but cant flash with EZ FLASH. I use external programmer but not working to. How program it?
EDIT
OK, I found how to flash with flashback.
EDIT2
My first mod - update RAIDRIVER and success :smiley:
Now I want tu update ME but I’m not sure with is for Maximus VIII Ranger. Can you show me correct?
Where I find microcode for Skylake?

Hi I am new to all of this, what is the purpose of this modded BIOS? What do these modded modules give you in terms of capability over the stock ASUS Bios?

Hi Sylar76,

I’m wondering if you could modify the latest Maximus Hero VIII bios, that is 2202 version, but modify it only to import the RAM and XMP support from bios 1701 to that 2202 version. I’m being this specific because there seems to be a problem with XMP detection an appliance on bioses released since 1701, and several models of ram won’t work anymore. Many users complained to ASUS but they still do not release a fix for this. Could you do this? Thanks for your time.

Hello!
Thank you for the hard work!

Can you please provide link to the modded VIII Hero BIOS? I need to set my SATA mode to IDE or ATA in BIOS but the factory BIOS only allows AHCI or RAID :frowning:

Thank you!

It´s a few months ago I visited the forum and I think, there is something about 100 chipset series modding I didn´t realize yet.

I modded a Maximus 8 Impact Bios Version 2202 with new Kaby Lake Microcode 48. But I can´t flash this file. USB Flashback is not not working and if I try to flash with latest afudos I got the message "bios is write protected"

Is there anything I forgot or did I use the wrong AFUDOS Version? The modded bios file is attached, maybe someone can take a look. I would like to see if this microcode is changing the oc behavior of theese new chips. at the moment on asus board it´s not possible to clock higher then multi 44.

http://filehorst.de/d/bawBJaFq

Is it Possible to Integrate an Option to put High Precision Event Timer On or Off .

My Motherbord is an Asus Maximus VIII Extreme with BIOS 1902.

I using S.L.I and its have some Trubble with HPET.

Hi is it possible to get all the latest support for new ssd,sata,raid imei drivers for Asus maximus VI formula z87 bios 1603?

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMU…pDesk_Download/

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1…A-ASUS-1603.zip

I want to ask something. I have ASSUS Maximus VIII Ranger mobo with i7 6700K, 32 gb kingston hyperx fury 2400 and cooler master v650 PSU. I have a problem when i boot from windows bootable usb or booting from netwrok windows boot image (WDS PXE boot). It shows me worker thread returned at bad irql. I can successfully boot from FreeDOS usb or linux or memtest usb. I tested ram with memtest with no errors. Can this be BIOS issue related or IMEI or CPU microcode related. I flash bios with the new 3007 version from ASUS website but the issue remain the same. I can successfully boot from FreeDOS usb or linux or memtest usb. I tested ram with memtest with no errors. I hope you can help me to make modded bios which will resolve this problem. ME is 11.6.10.1196 version. SA PCIe Code Version is 1.0.3.0. PCH configuration name: SKL PCH-H, Intel PCH SKU Name: Z170, Stepping: D1, Hsio Rervision: 52. On the motherboard it shows me b1 q code when i boot from windows usb in uefi mode and stays AE in legacy mode .
Here is my system:

ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger
i7 6700K
32gb kingston hyperx fury 2400
cooler master V650

I hope you can help me. I’m trying to find a solution for 2 weeks.

Best Regards

I hope you can help me. I’m trying to find a solution for 2 weeks.

Best Regards

@Sylar76 , @plutomaniac

I need to buy an external SPI Flash Eeprom programmer such as the EZP2010, but there is only one eBay seller in the USA and costs 2 -3 times as much as any seller from China. Can you recommend any alternatives from USA Amazon that I can receive much faster via Prime shipping? I don’t know the requirements or the software involved (beyond the tutorial to use an EZP2010). My motherboard is an Asus Sabertooth X79 bios version 4801 - modified with NVMe support - and my onboard NIC no longer works (recognized but gives error 10). I installed a PCI-e x1 NIC for the time being, but I’d like to be able to use the one onboard. Here’s a few Amazon examples that are cheap and I can receive in only 1 day:

Gikfun USB Programmer
SMAKN USB Programmer
Xiny BIOS Board
SMAKN USB Port 24CXX

The first three all seem to have the same chipset, the fourth one, I don’t know. Thank you so much for your help!

@dpderr

You can buy the CH341A (the first in the list you printed before). It’s a cheap and very good eeprom programmer.

@Sylar76

Thanks for your help!

Please make a modded version of Maximus VIII Hero Alpha!
https://www.asus.com/us/support/CPU/1/50…C20150812105045

I know it’s been a long time but sir/ma’am can I request the modded bios for Maximus VIII Impact? I cannt find any links. I want to use a 8700k or 9900k if possible. and just want to know what ram is best for the processor + motherboard combination? I currently have 3000mhz lpx corsair. thanks in advance.

A post was merged into an existing topic: [GUIDE] Coffee Lake CPUs on Skylake and Kaby Lake motherboards

A post was merged into an existing topic: [TOOL] Easy automated Mod tool for Coffee Lake bios