[TOOL] Easy automated Mod tool for Coffee Lake bios

11.8 COR cut. here if you want the latest cor cut (11.8.92 from @svarmod) : ME_11.8.92.4249_COR_CLEAN.bin — Яндекс Диск

must be disabled once you replace the me in order to boot with mutant cpus.

I was hoping that I would be be able to enable the TPM - therefore having a working ME firmware.
Is that a lost cause with mutant CPUs?
I don’t have a xeon CPU, I have a i9-9880hk cpu.

with the latest me 11.8 or 7 wether its cut or stock, usually it wont let mutant cpus to boot, if you want ME to work normally then use a normal cfl/r cpu and pin mod it, hence it could run on me 11.7 con normally .

1 Like

I got a Zotac EN51050 Mini PC, the orginal configration is i5-7500T,8G RAM,1TB NVME,GTX1050 mobile,and I want to update to 8700 and support my GTX1030 mobile and GTX 1660s MXM module;
Is the mod bios compatiable with en1070?
I download the EN51050 BIOS file but i attatched it

the official link is ZOTAC Canada | ZBOX Mini PCs and ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX Graphics Cards | ZOTAC

Hi

Has anyone got a bios for the asus z270a prime with the fixes and microcode inserts for the 9th gen cpus

thanks

A post was merged into an existing topic: [GUIDE] Coffee Lake CPUs on Skylake and Kaby Lake motherboards

Does anyone have this tool to share, please?

@Methanoid Link has been updated.

2019.1229.7z

1 Like

Round the net I see posts with HP modded BIOS and some saying you cannot mod them as they are locked. Is it possible?

I dont have box yet but looking at HP ProDesk 800 G3 Mini (aka DM model) which does have models with KabyLake.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp148001-148500/sp148045.exe for BIOS download but the file wont load into tool

Hi everyone.Is it possible for this mb B250M-ds3h to mod bios which will support coffe lake cpu like I5 8500?Thank you in advance…

yes it is possible, but depends on the revision of the chip you have, for microcode selection.

1 Like

Tnx for answer but how I can see revision chip on my mb?I have flashed moded bios with coffe time selected 8600 cpu

1 Like

Can You make a similar tool or guide for AMD Ryzen MBs?

what i meant with the revision is on the cpu chip, not the mb. So you need the cpu in your hands first, and determine which revision is your cpu.

I see…It is not labeled on cpu?

Just certain cpu revision can work or?

Your bios have limited size for mcode, so you cant put all 906E9 to ED microcodes, and 506E3 for skylake. Yours SR3XE which means it should be U0 revision (SR3 xx), use 906EA mcode.

As I understand every i5 8500/8600 cpu has U0 revision…?

Why here says to isolate different pins than on image in the first post…?

Hi guys, I have a MSI Z170A Gaming M3 motherboard and when i had seen i can put a 9700k with this mod i pulled the trigger.

The steps i took was first making the modded bios, put in the microcode for the 9700k and also for my 6700 for safety. Writted the bios via FTP and all has gone perfect, rebooted the computer and windows loaded up perfectly fine with my 6700 still in the board. Next what i have done is isolated the 2 pins for my 9700k and put it in the motherboard with some fresh thermal paste. Crossed my fingers and booted up the computer. Got the message that the cpu has changed and that default bios settings will be applied. After some restarts windows booted up perfectly fine and the mod seemed to work.

But now comes the problem, when i ask high cpu load my whole pc freezes and i need to restart the computer, tried different settings in the bios but i keep gettings these freezes happening directly after starting a benchmark or asking high cpu load. Also no thermal problems, max cpu temp is 75 when i’m able to do a full cinebench test. When turning off intel turbo boost and the cpu stays at 3600mhz i dont have any problem.

What i have seen on HWinfo is that it shows the maximum voltage the cpu reached is 1.51v, isn’t this to high for stock settings? With intel XTU i played a bit with vcore offset and it looks like it helps a little bit but with really high usage like gaming it immediatly crashes.

Anyone can help or know what i can do?

Thankyou guys

@Fouadal Hi and welcome to Win-Raid forums.

Have you been monitoring the VRM temperatures with software such as HWinfo64?

The MSI Z170A Gaming M3 has 8 phase VRM (which is decent) but the cooling on the chipset may not be sufficient for an 8 core CPU pulling a lot of sustained current.