[OFFER] Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 fixed BIOS 9903, modded with NVMe + others

Please find attached the above BIOS, mods detailed below:

OROM IRST for SATA: 11.2.0.1527 → 12.9.0.2006
NVMe DXE driver: NONE → NvmExpressDxe_5 inserted via UEFITool - Updated 08 Feb 2022
OROM VBIOS SNB-IVB: 2124 → 2171
OROM JMicron JMB36x: 1.07.23 → 1.07.28
OROM Intel Boot Agent GE: 1.3.72 → <UNCHANGED>
Intel ME: 8.0.2.1410 → 8.1.70.1590 updated in ME Region via UEFITool **

Microcodes updated to latest available (N.B. this includes Spectre/Meltdown fixes):

mCode-mod.PNG

** Your board should be upgraded to ME 8.1.70.1590 before you update the BIOS. Copy the contents of IntelME.zip to the root of a DOS boot drive, boot from it and run flash.bat
(doing this in advance speeds up the BIOS flashing procedure quite a bit and prevents possible ME version clash issues).

The BIOS itself can be updated using the EZ Flash 2 tool from within the current version, there are no restrictions / flashback on this Z68 chipset.

IMPORTANT
This is a beta BIOS not released publicly and only boots in EFI Compatible mode with a PCIe GPU installed (this was the main fix to this version). It must be set to Legacy ROM if using the iGPU (it hangs with VGA LED lit if in EFI mode, requiring Clear CMOS - inserting the Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge GOP drivers made no difference).

Thanks to @kevindd992002 for sharing the original BIOS he received from Asus.

Good Luck and Regards,

IntelME.zip (1.16 MB)

P8Z68-V-GEN3-ASUS-9903.zip (4.37 MB)

1 Like

Thanks a lot! BIOS works like a charm. I was looking for version Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 for a veeeeery long time.

Hi TTome

Excellent! Glad I could help.

I can also confirm that the BIOS boots fine in Legacy mode with a PCIe GPU if required (in my case for a DOS-based SSD firmware update).

Regards,

Bios works flawless, booted perfect (once I converted hard drive to GPT and created EFI partition). Thanks so much! I’m using " GLOTRENDS M.2 PCIE NVME Adapter Card PCIE GEN3 Full Speed for PC Desktop (PA09) " in the middle PCI-e slot with a Samsung 970 EVO Plus. Super nice speeds:

Thanks again :slight_smile:

-Jamie M.

good evening, I also have an asus p8z68-v / GEN3 (no pro) just update the file? (i am inexperienced) i already have a samsung 970 evo plus (which is in a pci-e slot) with windows cloned from previous samsung ssd 850 pro.
after I have to select the boot from the bios and that’s it? give me some confirmations please

Hi,
You MUST convert your cloned OS to GPT format on the NVMe drive if not done already.
Please see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows…ment/mbr-to-gpt.

Then run the ME update batch file from DOS if your ME version is lower than 8.1.70.1590, reboot and use EZ Flash 2 from within the BIOS to update it.

It is all very straightforward.

BIOS settings should be:
"PCI ROM Priority": EFI Compatible
"Option ROM Messages": Keep Current
"Boot Option #1": Windows Boot Manager <– this should appear automatically in the available options if all is well

Good evening, dos me from this Version 10.0.19042.685 I in EZ Flash 2 I have always updated with usb stick directly in the bios, currently I have version 3603.
then I proceed but with which .ROM file? This:
P8Z68-V-GEN3-ASUS-9903.zip? Thanks again for the answers

Sorry, I don’t understand.
What does "Version 10.0.19042.685" have to do with this? That is the Windows build and is immaterial.
My comment related to the Intel ME (Management Engine), the last version for our board being 8.1.70.1590. Check in the BIOS for your version - if lower, update it using the contents of the IntelME.zip file by running from a DOS boot disk/USB BEFORE updating the BIOS.
Then, use the content of the P8Z68-V-GEN3-ASUS-9903.zip (not the zip itself) to update the BIOS from your USB via EZ Flash 2.
Please re-read the first post.

Again, your cloned Windows install MUST be converted to GPT (if not already done) or Windows will not boot.

ok now I understand, having only one pc I’m afraid of doing damage … I find a video on the internet for the procedure?thanks

Hello I have an issue with the BIOS file, if I select the ROM file EZ Flash tool 2 fails the check integrity, I downloaded It more times but with the same result, can you upload It again please? Must I flash the ROM file or Just the zip file?

Yes the ZIP is the one… we all use zip roms directly flashed.
Get real will u…read post #8

my fault I have the pro version, sorry
where can I find the modded bios for my Asus P8Z68-V PRO GEN3 and the relative discussion please?

@nuovagrafica

There was no discussion regarding your board so I’ve done up an updated modded NVMe BIOS/UEFI for you based on version 3802

[OFFER] Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 BIOS/UEFI v3802

Cheers

Hans

at any way I flashed your modded bios and my PC is dead I have black screen. If I buy a bios chip on e-bay could it work?

@nuovagrafica

Which exact bios did you flash?

Yes a bios chip off ebay should work if you’ve correctly identified which motherboard you have…

Cheers

I flashed that one suggested by Hancor: [OFFER] Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 BIOS/UEFI v3802

@nuovagrafica

Recovery of your old chip can also be achieved by using the following guide

[Guide] Using CH341A-based programmer to flash SPI EEPROM

Not sure what went wrong, but I’ll double check the file…

Hello I solved, I bought a chip BIOS from eBay and I installed this BIOS posted by hancor [OFFER] Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 BIOS/UEFI v3802 +NVMe mod

Please can you show me with a screenshot all settings for disable the overclock
And another screenshot for decrease the cpu temperature?
I have this temperature 98* C (220* F)

Sounds like your heatsink isn’t mounted properly or not good quality or problem with application of thermal paste. If possible use "Vetroo V5 CPU Air Cooler w/ 5 Heat Pipes" (Amazon). If that model is not available in your region then Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo is good choice.

Even with 5ghz overclock you won’t reach 80c with those coolers.

-Jamie M.

yes thank you, I will try with artic silver 5 and deep cool assassin III but how can I disable the overclock in that bios?